Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Midfield, " the box" , the penalty area, the " 18 " , the " six " , the goal box , end line, touchline , etc, that's the terminology I am familiar with . HS or Club, FIFA, USSF whatever.

" 30 " ? " 20 " ?
    I never heard those terms. I have only been in soccer for many decades, maybe I missed something.
    “The goal box”???!!!😂

Comment

Midfield, " the box" , the penalty area, the " 18 " , the " six " , the goal box , end line, touchline , etc, that's the terminology I am familiar with . HS or Club, FIFA, USSF whatever.

" 30 " ? " 20 " ?
      I never heard those terms. I have only been in soccer for many decades, maybe I missed something.
      those are the number of the sport on whose field they let you paint your little lines
      just so you can scream out eurobullshyte in a fake accent

Comment

those are the number of the sport on whose field they let you paint your little lines
        just so you can scream out eurobullshyte in a fake accent
        Also the sport that popularized mullets, died hair and the man-bun. And lets not forget the whining and flopping. Tough behind keyboard, weak everywhere else. Hope I am not bringing back HS flashbacks...Relax, you are in a safe space.

Comment

“The goal box”???!!!��

What is the goal box in soccer?

It's the goal area, also known colloquially as the "goal box", or "6-yard box". Its purpose is to delimit the area where a goal kick is taken: A goal kick in association football is the way to restart the game when the ball has been kicked past the goal line and outside the goal by the attacking team.

Comment

“The goal box”???!!!��
            Goal box is a small box inside the penalty area. Also called the six-yard box, goal kicks are taken from anywhere in this part of the football field. One side of this box coincides with the the goal line, that determines the entire width of the field.

Comment

A comment about the title of this thread:
              Do you think the H.S. style of play differs that much from most clubs? All but a very small handful of CT teams play a possession based style. Most club and H.S. soccer here in CT is Route 1 baby.

Comment

HS soccer is terrible overall. Coaches terrified of building out of the back. Just pound the ball as hard as you can and hope someone can run under it. Problem is because most HS coaches are just former HS players themselves and don't know ****.

Comment

HS soccer is terrible overall. Coaches terrified of building out of the back. Just pound the ball as hard as you can and hope someone can run under it. Problem is because most HS coaches are just former HS players themselves and don't know ****.
                  Not at the better/bigger programs. Many are club coaches and former college players. Problem Is to you have to play against all kinds of programs and oftentimes have to play ugly to win. Winning means you return next year. Coaches also have to play with the talent they're dealt, not the ones they select at clubs.

Anyway, who cares? HS soccer, or any sport, really is more than just "the game." Good luck to all the teams playing today. It's an experience they won't forget, win or lose.

Comment

A comment about the title of this thread:
                    Do you think the H.S. style of play differs that much from most clubs? All but a very small handful of CT teams play a possession based style. Most club and H.S. soccer here in CT is Route 1 baby.
                    Watched HS games for the last 2 months. Watched my kids first club game today. Yeah ... just a tad different style of play. Today I might have seen maybe a half dozen boots down the field per game to get the ball out of the defensive zone under pressure. The other 99% of the game was foot to foot/space passing (that of course wasn't 100% accurate but even pros don't give you that). I get that there are crap club teams/orgs out there but you insinuating the two styles of play aren't much different is preposterous. Oh and the team I watched is elite but its not even top echelon soccer like NPL or higher league.

Maybe the lesson here is if watching your kids club team resembles a high school soccer game, its time to stop wasting your money.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X