Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    That's what they told you. What they told us is they are looking for girls DA to increase they amount of actual domestic girls they have going to the school. They are excited for girls DA and expressed to us that it will play a big part of IMG's future and relationship with US Soccer.
    Not sure why they still have a Boy's DA program as, has been stated, it is a school basically there to train foreign players from wealthy South American families. The $60,000 mentioned is a real number. How does this help improve/create the National team? And now, they hand the Girl's DA program over to them.

Comment

Not sure why they still have a Boy's DA program as, has been stated, it is a school basically there to train foreign players from wealthy South American families. The $60,000 mentioned is a real number. How does this help improve/create the National team? And now, they hand the Girl's DA program over to them.
      I was only speaking from the girls side. They are excited about girls DA

Comment

That's what they told you. What they told us is they are looking for girls DA to increase they amount of actual domestic girls they have going to the school. They are excited for girls DA and expressed to us that it will play a big part of IMG's future and relationship with US Soccer.
        OP here. What they told you is consistent with what they told me - they are excited about Girls DA. But when I talked to them it seemed that they were exploring ways to have girls participate in Girls DA that did not require "going to the school" and paying the $60K plus that goes with it.

I sensed that they know Brandon is not far away and that is a much lower cost path to GDA. But they may just decide to position themselves for 2 completely different audiences - sort of a Silver and a Platinum experience. Either way, it will be interesting to see how either club actually gets your daughter any closer to the WNT given their success historically.

Comment

OP here. What they told you is consistent with what they told me - they are excited about Girls DA. But when I talked to them it seemed that they were exploring ways to have girls participate in Girls DA that did not require "going to the school" and paying the $60K plus that goes with it.

I sensed that they know Brandon is not far away and that is a much lower cost path to GDA. But they may just decide to position themselves for 2 completely different audiences - sort of a Silver and a Platinum experience. Either way, it will be interesting to see how either club actually gets your daughter any closer to the WNT given their success historically.
          Please do not feel like I'm attacking your post or trying to be negative towards your comments in anyway but no girls DA is going to get your child or my child closer to WNT it's all base on the individual player and how much they want it. Girls DA at IMG or anywhere else is just the platform to perform on. IMG offers a full time experience to its players which should maximize those chances.

Comment

Bedoya would not make the 4th level of the French National team so I would not be sticking wall posters of this average player on any walls, fences, magazine covers, or websites. Oops! Too late, he is already up on the wall! Pitiful!
            Average player that makes $1 million per year. I'll take it!

Comment

Please do not feel like I'm attacking your post or trying to be negative towards your comments in anyway but no girls DA is going to get your child or my child closer to WNT it's all base on the individual player and how much they want it. Girls DA at IMG or anywhere else is just the platform to perform on. IMG offers a full time experience to its players which should maximize those chances.
              I don't feel attacked, thank you. My point is the current WNT roster includes 21 players. If the stated goal of Girls DA is to increase the level of play on the WNT, I don't see how adding an 80-team league is going to substantially increase the chances of your child or my child making it onto the WNT?

Comment

I don't feel attacked, thank you. My point is the current WNT roster includes 21 players. If the stated goal of Girls DA is to increase the level of play on the WNT, I don't see how adding an 80-team league is going to substantially increase the chances of your child or my child making it onto the WNT?
                It's because they feel like that aren't reaching enough players and arent getting enough higher quality players. Also it's about control US Soccer wants to have control of who is in their system and take credit for developing those players. They don't want to take from ECNL and then ECNL can say these players were developed by us. Then their is the main component: MONEY. While US Soccer dishes out lot of scholarship to players in their DA systems it always about MONEY at the end of the day. The amount of money that leagues take in from registration etc US Soccer has now developed a new revenue stream they didn't have before on the girls side.

Comment

They will demand better players because now they have their hands in everything instead of taking from what is being suggested to them from leagues they only have affiliations with. Now it's all on them to produce provide and see the success 1st hand. Their chance won't get better but it will force them to work harder and be better to achieve it. Hope this helps

Comment

Girls on current IMG teams do not have to attend the school. Because the share resources with the boys, the boys train in the morning and the girls train in the afternoon so they are the ones that can attend local schools. I don't know a single residential girl playing soccer for IMG. The boys side must attend school in the afternoon only so the the ones with the steep price tag. Pay for play is bad enough but IMG is ridiculous. Only a handful of players families could afford that and the academics are ridiculous. All their resources go to accommodating non English speaking students- not just Spanish speakers for sure. It's a shame. Such nice facilities but not unless you are a part of the U17 national team that resides there. it is a money vacuum.

Comment

Girls on current IMG teams do not have to attend the school. Because the share resources with the boys, the boys train in the morning and the girls train in the afternoon so they are the ones that can attend local schools. I don't know a single residential girl playing soccer for IMG. The boys side must attend school in the afternoon only so the the ones with the steep price tag. Pay for play is bad enough but IMG is ridiculous. Only a handful of players families could afford that and the academics are ridiculous. All their resources go to accommodating non English speaking students- not just Spanish speakers for sure. It's a shame. Such nice facilities but not unless you are a part of the U17 national team that resides there. it is a money vacuum.
                      I know 2 local from the Sarasota area and there is only 5 from Florida on the girls side in total.

Comment

The U17 team is gone after this year as US Soccer has informed IMG they are moving the kids out of IMG. US Soccer and IMG have a great a relationship and an IMG recommendation of a player has to be held to a higher regards in comparison to other clubs. IMG is a niche school for the niche clientele it caters to.

Comment

The U17 team is gone after this year as US Soccer has informed IMG they are moving the kids out of IMG. US Soccer and IMG have a great a relationship and an IMG recommendation of a player has to be held to a higher regards in comparison to other clubs. IMG is a niche school for the niche clientele it caters to.
                          IMG is the best program in the state

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X