DA, huh, yeah, What is it good for?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The u19s prove that DA is not working. The biggest problem is they play in a box. They do not play outside the DA system. That makes no sense. All the games are just glorified scrimmages. Each team uses the same curriculum. How can any DA player be expected to be creative when they have to follow the curriculum.

Sorry boring robotic soccer may get you to the round of 16 but it will not win championships.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      The u19s prove that DA is not working. The biggest problem is they play in a box. They do not play outside the DA system. That makes no sense. All the games are just glorified scrimmages. Each team uses the same curriculum. How can any DA player be expected to be creative when they have to follow the curriculum.

Sorry boring robotic soccer may get you to the round of 16 but it will not win championships.
      That's why I pulled my kid. too robotic. I don't care if it was free

Comment

Totally agree. Having general guidelines is one thing. But they've drilled too deep, too detailed, too rigid.

Comment

Totally agree. Having general guidelines is one thing. But they've drilled too deep, too detailed, too rigid.
          Your right state cup and FSPL is so dynamic and fluid lmao

Comment

And people are asking why we don't have a men's team at the Olympics. Hmmmm wonder why?

Comment

Totally agree. To be completely honest I don't even think development is as big of an issue as most people believe. Through the years I've certainly seen players in America that could battle for prominent roles in top academies but they become less dynamic and creative when they get thrown into DA. How can creative players improve and feel confident being creative when the coaching staffs main objective for them is to not lose the ball. This all really starts with the effects of Barcelona and Spain's dominance prompting the US to believe we need to play a mistake free possession style soccer. In truth the style of 2010 and 2002 served us well but we selected a bunch of robots instead of truly creative players. I don't know where Freddy adu is or just how bad his attitude is but the way he played so freely and eager to create something is the sort of players we need in the national team system that just aren't developed in DA

Comment

I still cannot believe we are not in the Olympics!

Comment

Totally agree. To be completely honest I don't even think development is as big of an issue as most people believe. Through the years I've certainly seen players in America that could battle for prominent roles in top academies but they become less dynamic and creative when they get thrown into DA. How can creative players improve and feel confident being creative when the coaching staffs main objective for them is to not lose the ball. This all really starts with the effects of Barcelona and Spain's dominance prompting the US to believe we need to play a mistake free possession style soccer. In truth the style of 2010 and 2002 served us well but we selected a bunch of robots instead of truly creative players. I don't know where Freddy adu is or just how bad his attitude is but the way he played so freely and eager to create something is the sort of players we need in the national team system that just aren't developed in DA
                  Yep he was so good he ended up with Wait for it!!

On July 14, 2015, Tampa Bay Rowdies of the North American Soccer League announced the signing of Adu. Contract details were not disclosed.[52] It is his 12th professional club.[53]

Comment

Yep he was so good he ended up with Wait for it!!

On July 14, 2015, Tampa Bay Rowdies of the North American Soccer League announced the signing of Adu. Contract details were not disclosed.[52] It is his 12th professional club.[53]
                    Adu was considered a phenom before we found out he was actually playing 3 yrs below his real age group.

Comment

Adu was considered a phenom before we found out he was actually playing 3 yrs below his real age group.
                      Hard to believe anyone would think it is a good idea for a kid to tun pro at 14.

Comment

Hard to believe anyone would think it is a good idea for a kid to tun pro at 14.
                        Never discount the insanity of sports/stage parents. Parents who skillfully guide their talented kids through thee pressures and the kids turn out to be normal, balanced human beings are rare.

Comment

Totally agree. To be completely honest I don't even think development is as big of tan issue as most people believe. Through the years I've certainly seen players in America that could battle for prominent roles in top academies but they become less dynamic and creative when they get thrown into DA. How can creative players improve and feel confident being creative when the coaching staffs main objective for them is to not lose the ball. This all really starts with the effects of Barcelona and Spain's dominance prompting the US to believe we need to play a mistake free possession style soccer. In truth the style of 2010 and 2002 served us well but we selected a bunch of robots instead of truly creative players. I don't know where Freddy adu is or just how bad his attitude is but the way he played so freely and eager to create something is the sort of players we need in the national team system that just aren't developed in DA
                          Agree wholeheartedly, The issue with the Academies is the robotic style they force, no the formations.. you are right they want to play pure percentage ball....I would prefer if they chose something worth watching like Total soccer of the Dutch kind, this way players can develop within the style.You can say what you want but Barcelona no longer plays that Tiki Taka style they used to, and remember who their top three are....just look at the "great" Germany team without a creative striker how they were unable to advance in the euro's.

Comment

Agree wholeheartedly, The issue with the Academies is the robotic style they force, no the formations.. you are right they want to play pure percentage ball....I would prefer if they chose something worth watching like Total soccer of the Dutch kind, this way players can develop within the style.You can say what you want but Barcelona no longer plays that Tiki Taka style they used to, and remember who their top three are....just look at the "great" Germany team without a creative striker how they were unable to advance in the euro's.
                            Germany has the US problem - robotic style of play and they go for size/athleticism

Comment

Never discount the insanity of sports/stage parents. Parents who skillfully guide their talented kids through thee pressures and the kids turn out to be normal, balanced human beings are rare.
                              True that.

Comment

Look at those Olympic athlete parents!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X