Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Quit focusing on stats. Especially goals. Westside's best players, for instance, are primarily defenders--most of whom have zero goals. (The one WT defender who is on the list also spends a lot of time up front, and it's from that position that he scores).

Unfortunately, the USSDA feeds this misperception by publishing goal stats. Either they should elide that information, or they should collect and publish other stats (pass completion rate, tackles, etc). They have camers watching each and every game. I suppose they don't have scorers monitoring the footage, though; the stats they collect are the ones recorded by the referee: goals, substitution times, and discipline.
    It more interesting to see at this age who has the most assists.

Comment

Ugh. Goals don't matter at this age. Often times it's just big and fast kids who don't know how to play doing the scoring.
      Which is why I asked the question dpchit

Comment

What would be interesting is knowing what positions the players play, we know both fc players are forwards that the coach moves during the game (to get away from the physical best defenders) and CFC and wash timbers guys are forwards that benefit from balls played through any insite on the xfire and bsc kids?
        Crossfire has most balanced scoring attack.

Comment

DA tournament in Oceanside.

Just wanted to say good luck to the Oregon DA teams heading out tomorrow for the tournament. (Timbers DA as well) It is my most sincere hope that all of you represent Oregon well, and come away from this experience even more excited for soccer. And before some youth/oregon/soccer bashing, wine cooler drinking, lives in Mom's basement, troll responds to this and begins to rip on Oregon teams, or how much he/she loathes DA....Just remember, a lot of these kids, from all of these teams, are friends from soccer. I genuinely want to see everybody do well, and wish all teams continued success. (I will admit it is easy to be positive and kind when I know Westside is coming! Kidding... kidding....Okay, pretty sure I am kidding. No seriously, I am probably kidding. Good luck boys, parents, safe travels and come home safe.

Comment

Just wanted to say good luck to the Oregon DA teams heading out tomorrow for the tournament. (Timbers DA as well) It is my most sincere hope that all of you represent Oregon well, and come away from this experience even more excited for soccer. And before some youth/oregon/soccer bashing, wine cooler drinking, lives in Mom's basement, troll responds to this and begins to rip on Oregon teams, or how much he/she loathes DA....Just remember, a lot of these kids, from all of these teams, are friends from soccer. I genuinely want to see everybody do well, and wish all teams continued success. (I will admit it is easy to be positive and kind when I know Westside is coming! Kidding... kidding....Okay, pretty sure I am kidding. No seriously, I am probably kidding. Good luck boys, parents, safe travels and come home safe.
            *isn't coming*

Comment

Your note was so nice and seemly sincere and then you had to take a low blow at Westside. That was unnecessary, hypocritical and extremely lame. Just dumb.

Comment

Your note was so nice and seemly sincere and then you had to take a low blow at Westside. That was unnecessary, hypocritical and extremely lame. Just dumb.
                Agreed. Enough already. Everyone beating up on Westside is getting old... they were honestly a decent group when we played them. FC and Crossfire beating up on each other is also getting old. Lame. Let’s just enjoy the tournament and not shred on each other.

Comment

I read it that the person was joking about Westside because they aren't going?

Comment

I read it that the person was joking about Westside because they aren't going?
                    You read wrong. She was saying its easier to be positive because WT isn't coning. Implying that if they were it wouldn't be so easy to be positive. Talking out both sides..."I want to be a cheerleader and wish everyone the best, but only because WT isn't going. If they were going, then I couldn't be so positive....kidding, no I am not, yes I am, no I am not." Lame doesn't begin to describe it.

Comment

You read wrong. She was saying its easier to be positive because WT isn't coning. Implying that if they were it wouldn't be so easy to be positive. Talking out both sides..."I want to be a cheerleader and wish everyone the best, but only because WT isn't going. If they were going, then I couldn't be so positive....kidding, no I am not, yes I am, no I am not." Lame doesn't begin to describe it.
                      Westside has earned their reputation. You can say lame, or attempt to act like it is not true, but it very much is true. I thought the post was hilarious and true!

Comment

Predictions!

Only OYSA predictions this week. I'm not going to try and predict the games at the DA Showcase in California, as I am not familiar with any of the opponents.

With that in mind...

Bend 3, ETFC 2. Eugene has managed to climb to the second spot in the polls, and travels to Central Oregon to face the top team. Should be a good one, but Bend will pull out the win.

FCSC 6, Red2 1. Was the score of their last match a few weeks ago, so we'll go with that. Especially if Felidia is all nice and muddy.

HSC 3, Copa 1. Last time it was a one-goal victory, but that was before Copa hit the skids.

ADF 3, 4H 2. F-Bombs take down the Farmers. Interestingly enough, this appears to be being played at a neutral site (Alder Creek MS in Clackamas) rather than in SW PDX or Salem.

Copa 3, Navy 2. FC's trip to Walker Road presents Copa with their best chance for a point.

Crows 4, GPS 2. Second game of a double-header at Alder Creek.

Comment

It sure is quite on the DA front.
                          It must not be going so well down in San Diego!

Comment

Friday's action:

Strikers FC 1, BSC 0
                            WT FC 0, Colorado Storm 0
                            Crossfire 0, Albion SC 0
                            FC Boulder 3, Eastside Timbers 0
                            LA United Futbol Academy 9, CFC 0
                            Santa Rosa United 3, FC PDX 0
                            Pateadores 4, BSC 0
                            Chula Vista 5, Eastside 0
                            Crossfire 1, Silicon Valley Soccer Academy 1
                            Real So Cal 4, CFC 0
                            LAUFA 8, FC PDX 1
                            SJ Earthquakes 8, WT FC 0.

So no, not going terribly well. Oregon teams go 0-9-3, collectively scoring only 2 goals while giving up 46. If my math is correct.

As far as Timbers Academy goes:

TA 1, Colorado Rapids 1
                            LA Football Club 3, TA 0.

The Washington teams (including TA) went 6-6-4 on the day.

About what would be expected, I guess.

Comment

You are correct in that statement. Oregon is not putting on a very good showing.
                              Through 14 (2 each) games, Oregon teams (including WashT & Timbers Academy) have only managed three goals! One goal for each of the following teams; Timbers Academy, Crossfire & FC Portland.
                              Actual count is 3 goals for & 50 against! Ouch!

Comment

Friday's action:

Strikers FC 1, BSC 0
                                WT FC 0, Colorado Storm 0
                                Crossfire 0, Albion SC 0
                                FC Boulder 3, Eastside Timbers 0
                                LA United Futbol Academy 9, CFC 0
                                Santa Rosa United 3, FC PDX 0
                                Pateadores 4, BSC 0
                                Chula Vista 5, Eastside 0
                                Crossfire 1, Silicon Valley Soccer Academy 1
                                Real So Cal 4, CFC 0
                                LAUFA 8, FC PDX 1
                                SJ Earthquakes 8, WT FC 0.

So no, not going terribly well. Oregon teams go 0-9-3, collectively scoring only 2 goals while giving up 46. If my math is correct.

As far as Timbers Academy goes:

TA 1, Colorado Rapids 1
                                LA Football Club 3, TA 0.

The Washington teams (including TA) went 6-6-4 on the day.

About what would be expected, I guess.
                                So who seems to be the best team that you have seen down there?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X