Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2013 Boys MA HS Soccer - Division 2, 3, 4 Playoffs

What is the playoff format and what is the schedule for the games?

Any predictions for Champions/Finalists for Division 2, 3, 4

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    What is the playoff format and what is the schedule for the games?

Any predictions for Champions/Finalists for Division 2, 3, 4
    Knockout tourney, same as the last 50 years. Seeds will be out tomorrow and games will probably start on Friday. Sectionals are scheduled to be done by November 10 and state finals by November 16

Comment

Div 4 winners,St Mary's will finally beat Spellman
      When it counts most.

Comment

Div 4 winners,St Mary's will finally beat Spellman
        When it counts most.
        LOL. Good luck with your draw, we will see you at Manning

Comment

You guys won't get the sweetheart calls that you get
          on the monster truck field!!

Comment

You guys won't get the sweetheart calls that you get
            on the monster truck field!!
            Yes, everyone knows you get to play your whole tourney on you home field, fans, and refs, good luck

Comment

Yes, everyone knows you get to play your whole tourney on you home field, fans, and refs, good luck
              Yes we know but get over it, a more significant advantage is that they draw/recruit from all over the North (just like the Cardinals in the South), publics have to work with whoever falls in their district

Comment

Bromfield v. Sutton on the Central MA D4 final. Also Douglas v. Nipmuc in the CM D3 final. Should be a couple of good matches Saturday out here in CM. Grats to all four teams!

Comment

Bromfield v. Sutton on the Central MA D4 final. Also Douglas v. Nipmuc in the CM D3 final. Should be a couple of good matches Saturday out here in CM. Grats to all four teams!
                  Agree should be some great games in all divs in CMASS as have been the districtes with exception of Sutton. No offense Sutton but not to challenged in D4 playoffs to date. Look at the scores compared to other Division games Sutton crushing teams does not mean that they are that good just playing in wrong Division.

Sutton is a great team but simply in wrong division more challenge in D3 or D1 where I am sure tghey would do well just not smoking teams in districts like they are. Bromfield will be a good game with Sutton.

Comment

No offense Sutton but not to challenged in D4 playoffs to date. Look at the scores compared to other Division games Sutton crushing teams does not mean that they are that good just playing in wrong Division.

Sutton is a great team but simply in wrong division more challenge in D3 or D1 where I am sure tghey would do well just not smoking teams in districts like they are. Bromfield will be a good game with Sutton.
                    Neither Sutton, nor Bromfield should be in D4, but that wasn't their doing. Take it up with the MIAA. Thing is, if they were in D3, Sutton v. Bromfield would most likely be the District Finals matchup. No offense to Douglas and Nipmuc who are good sides. D1, I think Sutton and Bromfield qualify for Districts and advance a round or two, beyond that I have no idea. Sutton saw a number of the top D1 teams, aside from Westboro, and they were all fast and physical with their share of skilled players.

Anyway, good luck to all four teams. No easy games left for anyone.

Comment

Neither Sutton, nor Bromfield should be in D4, but that wasn't their doing. Take it up with the MIAA. Thing is, if they were in D3, Sutton v. Bromfield would most likely be the District Finals matchup. No offense to Douglas and Nipmuc who are good sides. D1, I think Sutton and Bromfield qualify for Districts and advance a round or two, beyond that I have no idea. Sutton saw a number of the top D1 teams, aside from Westboro, and they were all fast and physical with their share of skilled players.

I agree and as I said no offense to Sutton and no disrespect to the Sutton players and Coach but the issue is that there is a stigma attached to Sutton. No doubt played D1 and D3 teams along with their D4 schedule and obvioulsy proved they can play at all those levels and win it is just that when it comes to districts those first few round are cakewalks. Sure you might or would have been a finalist in D3 but at least they would have been competitive games and not 7-0 or 8-1 whichever. As you can see from most D1 and D3 district games no blow-outs and many overtime and PK's. Real good hard fought soccer which I think the Bromfield vs Sutton will be.

As you said good luck to all going forward.

As you said

Comment

Yeah, I'm sure the Sutton Coach , players and Parents all complained to the MIAA about having to be in D4 !!!!!Nice Try

Comment

I agree and as I said no offense to Sutton and no disrespect to the Sutton players and Coach but the issue is that there is a stigma attached to Sutton. No doubt played D1 and D3 teams along with their D4 schedule and obvioulsy proved they can play at all those levels and win it is just that when it comes to districts those first few round are cakewalks. Sure you might or would have been a finalist in D3 but at least they would have been competitive games and not 7-0 or 8-1 whichever. As you can see from most D1 and D3 district games no blow-outs and many overtime and PK's. Real good hard fought soccer which I think the Bromfield vs Sutton will be.

As you said good luck to all going forward.

As you said
                          They are in Division 4 because of their population not because of their talent.

In 2008 ( I believe their record was 10-7) the team was mediocre and they will probably return to that level in 2016 once the majority of the current team which I believe are juniors graduate. I don't believe the current group of kids coming up behind them are as deep. Not to say that they don't drink some magical Hamlet water and become players....

Comment

They are in Division 4 because of their population not because of their talent.

In 2008 ( I believe their record was 10-7) the team was mediocre and they will probably return to that level in 2016 once the majority of the current team which I believe are juniors graduate. I don't believe the current group of kids coming up behind them are as deep. Not to say that they don't drink some magical Hamlet water and become players....
                            Do you know if they petitoned to go to D3?

Comment

Do you know if they petitoned to go to D3?
                              I heard that rumor as well. it doesn't matter if they petitioned or not.

Basically it is Division 3 from last year. Based on the new MIAA alignments mostly everyone from div 2 moved to div 3 and div 3 moved to div 4. Some moved up, (Douglas Hudson) some moved down (Gardner StPM) But basically Div 4 has remained the same as Div 3 from last year.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X