•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best soccer players ever from each state

http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/the91...te-in-america/

Interesting thanks for sharing

I would disagree with Kristine Lilly being included in NY. She was raised in Wilton, CT

What do people think of Mike Burns as the states representative? Or Jay Heaps going to NH?

Would there be any other Massachusetts players in consideration?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

I would disagree with Kristine Lilly being included in NY. She was raised in Wilton, CT

What do people think of Mike Burns as the states representative? Or Jay Heaps going to NH?

G. Cameron comes to mind for Ma. The best soccer player I've seen in Ma., was a female, who is considered one of the best women's lacrosse players in the world. Kelly Amonte Hiller played for A Heinrich at Maryland, before focusing on just lax. The most dominant athlete ve seen in Ma. Yes, I am old!

Comment

G. Cameron comes to mind for Ma. The best soccer player I've seen in Ma., was a female, who is considered one of the best women's lacrosse players in the world. Kelly Amonte Hiller played for A Heinrich at Maryland, before focusing on just lax. The most dominant athlete ve seen in Ma. Yes, I am old!
        Magda Tomecka from Shrewsbury was a 4 year starter for UNC and won 2 National Championships. Has to be mentioned as one of the best for Ma for females.

Mike Burns has done the most as far as soccer and has succeeded in his career. Hard to argue that.

Comment

Talking soccer

Agreed! I coached soccer against Kelly when she was in high school. She was awesome.

Comment

best female soccer player from Mass in the last 15 years is Kristie Mewis. Hard to argue against her. Cant say prior to that.

Comment

best female soccer player from Mass in the last 15 years is Kristie Mewis. Hard to argue against her. Cant say prior to that.
              Thanks, Fred.

Comment

I actually think her sister is better but just my opinion

Comment

Thanks, Fred.
                  I made the comment, and no I am not Fred Marks, nor am I related to the Mewis family. Her youth, club and college exploits aside, her current status on the US Women's National Team puts her in a category by herself.

Comment

Thanks, Fred.
                    Haley Dowd is better

Comment

Thanks, Fred.
                      Stupidest retort EVA!

Comment

Haley Dowd is better
                        Great player have a great collegiate season. Different position. I'm a big HD fan. Hopefully someday she gets a chance with the full US Women's National Team. However, until then Mewis is still the choice.

Comment

Charlie Davies

Great player have a great collegiate season. Different position. I'm a big HD fan. Hopefully someday she gets a chance with the full US Women's National Team. However, until then Mewis is still the choice.
                          Charlie Davies is a excellent MA born player. Definitely dealt with some injury issues at several points in his career (College and USMNT). But still should be in the discussion.

Comment

Charlie Davies is a excellent MA born player. Definitely dealt with some injury issues at several points in his career (College and USMNT). But still should be in the discussion.
                            His "..injury issue" were non soccer related and due to some immaturity / bad judgement. For that reason, he is should not be in the discussion

Comment

So?

His "..injury issue" were non soccer related and due to some immaturity / bad judgement. For that reason, he is should not be in the discussion
                              His college injuries were soccer related. Just want to clarify your version of the rules - Immaturity / Bad Judgment rules someone out. Thought we were discussing ability on the field.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X