X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    explain
    The same thing happened last year. Ak and mt have more goals than anyone on that team.

Comment

no contest. Lawrence will destroy Nobles
      I see LA winning but in a close one...this is a far better Nobles team than last year. Much better defense.

Comment

Although ISL hopes now seem over, don't count Rivers out of the Spoiler role. They seemed to play a sluggish first half but made some changes in the Mid field at the half which energized the team and for the most part they seemed to control the play during the second half. Unfortunately a few players seemed to get banged up but will hopefully be ready for Lawrence and Nobles. TD did not display his usual precision and is now due for big games the remainder of the season after two games where he has had several close misses. Watching these games does make me realize what a great player NJ was last year for Rivers. MX is an excellent team. The defense played at a very high level and their goalie is very steady. I was very impressed by their overall play and level of hustle and determination. MX won first half ,Rivers won the second and the game was deserving of a tie. Fun game to watch. So far I would say the best team I have seen to date however is still NMH. Milton not far behind. Will see regarding Lawrence and Nobles. It would seem that Rivers must beat Lawrence or Nobles to deserve a spot in the tournament at this point. ( I could be wrong about that)

I want to thank the individual that posted the details of the Rivers Milton game. Excellent
        job. it is good to see that this site has some meaningful and thoughtful posters. I hope it continues this way. It is also nice to see that the different points of view are being treated with respect and mature response.(For the most part)

Comment

Too much focus with respect to has the most goals, or the most goals by a pair of players, or most goals by a team. I always thought that soccer was a team sport and if you win 1-0 or 7-0 it is still the same outcome.

Comment

Milton has the softest schedule remaining with Nobles seemingly the only team that can derail them. Rivers, Nobles, LA have some tough games ahead of them where they could all drop points. Nice to see a close title race two years in a row.

Comment

The league is so much weaker than last year. For exams the la team last year probably wouldn't lose or tie a game. If you look at last season la tied 3 and still won the isl. This year there are not as many good teams so you have to win out.

Comment

Middlesex 1
                Rivers 1

Well played 98 minutes of soccer.
                Time to call it like it is. Rivers is just not that good.

Comment

BB&N 1 St George's 0
                  Horrible conditions down in Rhode Island but BB&N pulled away with a solid win.

Comment

Maybe a few players over rated and lack of depth but still a good team.

Comment

Happen to agree- Rivers is closer to a middle-of-the-pack team than a top-tier team. Too reliant on a few players. But on a given day, with those players leading, they can challenge most anyone.

But how about a little notice for the rest of the league- St. Sebs won 3-1 over St. Marks. Good for them. Would be good to see some more balance in the league, have more games actually subject to question. Is good to see a race at the top, but I think it would be more fun if the top teams had 2 or 3 losses and the bottom teams had a few wins. Sure it's still possible that one of the bottom 6 could take down one of the top 4 (or now 3) on a given day, but pretty darn unlikely (and it hasn't happened yet).

Biggest surprise (listed in the paper) was NMH getting crushed by Worcester 3-0. Not that any team losing to Worcester is a hug surprise, but one would have thought it would be closer (and NMH has looked so good that most would have picked them to win). Milton will likely be seeing the likes of NMH, Worcester and PA (and of course Berkshire) down the road.

Comment

Rivers has one player

Comment

Biggest game of the weekend will be bh and milton. I can feel a tie....Nobles and La will be no match.

Comment

I have been saying that all year. 1 player doesn't equal a team.

Comment

Rivers has 3 players. But still the same point.

The Nobles-LA game will be good to see if Nobles is real.

Comment

Biggest game of the weekend will be bh and milton. I can feel a tie....Nobles and La will be no match.
                                Other way around. BH no match for Milton but Nobles will be a handful for LA.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X