Ludlow out

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If they allow them in just throw out the rule book ! A few years back a Worcester School had over 13 cards, the cards for infractions that keep you out of the tournament, and they got a pass.

Comment

Maybe it would be easier to ask, has there been a time when MIAA didn't throw aside its own rulebook?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Maybe it would be easier to ask, has there been a time when MIAA didn't throw aside its own rulebook?
        Ludlow loses appeal. 13 - 5 vote

No state tourney for Ludlow

Comment

Ludlow loses appeal. 13 - 5 vote

No state tourney for Ludlow
          Tough break for them. MIAA did the right thing. As in law, not knowing the law, or forgetting the law, is not accepted when you break the law. For transparency's sake, it would help if MIAA explained their decision, why the vote was different from Attleboro last year, for example.

Comment

Tough break for them. MIAA did the right thing. As in law, not knowing the law, or forgetting the law, is not accepted when you break the law. For transparency's sake, it would help if MIAA explained their decision, why the vote was different from Attleboro last year, for example.
            Agreed. Glad they actually stuck to the rules for a change, but curious why they did so this time. Maybe it was one too many for Ludlow given the brawling issue last time?

Comment

Agreed. Glad they actually stuck to the rules for a change, but curious why they did so this time. Maybe it was one too many for Ludlow given the brawling issue last time?
              I think you may have nailed it. There was allot of talk three years ago that Ludlow should have had kids suspended after the state semifinal. I remember some story where a ref assignor in WMass is somehow connected to the Ludlow program

Comment

I think you may have nailed it. There was allot of talk three years ago that Ludlow should have had kids suspended after the state semifinal. I remember some story where a ref assignor in WMass is somehow connected to the Ludlow program
                Doubt that this decision relates to what players did 3 years ago. This should be about what player and administrator did in 2014. Speculate that the process weaknesses acknowledged by the administrators (principal accountable as well as AD) are the problem. If you are discovering academic ineligibility halfway through a season, it suggests you are not checking until then. That would not be acceptable, as it presumably happens that way with all extra-curriculars at the school, not just boys soccer.

Comment

Doubt that this decision relates to what players did 3 years ago. This should be about what player and administrator did in 2014. Speculate that the process weaknesses acknowledged by the administrators (principal accountable as well as AD) are the problem. If you are discovering academic ineligibility halfway through a season, it suggests you are not checking until then. That would not be acceptable, as it presumably happens that way with all extra-curriculars at the school, not just boys soccer.
                  Does anyone think that there's any checking going on at Burke?

Comment

DIsgruntled Parent

Maybe because there actaully might have been a "whistle Blower". Disgruntled football parent bringing this situation to light. Word is that a Ludlow football player with an "F" was not able to play his season.

Comment

Maybe because there actaully might have been a "whistle Blower". Disgruntled football parent bringing this situation to light. Word is that a Ludlow football player with an "F" was not able to play his season.
                      Different story was reported on Masslive.

Comment

Different story was reported on Masslive.
                        "Guidance Counselor just happend to hear the conversation and says "oh so and so is on the team"? Gimmie a break, on game days the kids wear thier game Jerseys. Everyone in that school knows who is on the soccer team. Good cover story though. AD was not going to self report until parent of football player threatend to go to MIAA if AD did not. is more like it. Just saying.......

Comment

"Guidance Counselor just happend to hear the conversation and says "oh so and so is on the team"? Gimmie a break, on game days the kids wear thier game Jerseys. Everyone in that school knows who is on the soccer team. Good cover story though. AD was not going to self report until parent of football player threatend to go to MIAA if AD did not. is more like it. Just saying.......
                          The mess at Burke was only reported because one of the many over aged kids got a red. That triggered a look at the roster and presto! A bunch of overage kids on the roster. I guess it ain't cheatin until you get caught!

Comment

The mess at Burke was only reported because one of the many over aged kids got a red. That triggered a look at the roster and presto! A bunch of overage kids on the roster. I guess it ain't cheatin until you get caught!
                            When reading about the Burke situation, I got the feeling from the way it was reported that this kind of thing happens all the time in certain school systems.

Comment

Some of the posts I've read on this thread are looking really stupid at this point.

Comment

At the risk of placing reaponsibility, but what is the higher priority, education or ludlow soccer? Furthermore, I believe it is the 'student' that is responsible to attend class, learn, and get good grades. Thereafter some form of a parent should be overseeing the process. The third layer is the school. Although the latter has an obligation to track the students, I would not minimize the role and contribution of the former two. Or, have we deteriorated so much such that all blame falls on someone else for an individual's actions and outcome. Maybe someone can cry racism!!!
                                I hope in all of these concerns for the ludlow soccer team and the end of a streak of tournament appearances, someone will be concerned enough to look into the education of these kids.....perhaps the student themself....or their parents
                                All good on paper, but in reality life is a bit messier. We had a kid who got pulled before the season. Don't know the full situation, but the player was devastated and you could tell the AD was crushed as well. I think it was academics.

Regardless, the point is that we live in a tough town - easy to get in trouble, lots of drugs, lots and lots of single parent families, lots of economic diversity (very wealthy to very poor).

Hoping not to sound too judgmental, but reality suggests this kid does not have a lot of options in life. He's not going to be an academic star, not going to be a soccer star, and not going to college. Does that mean he's doomed? No, but his road ahead is not as easy as some. Guess that's life.

However, at this stage would he be better off playing soccer and being part of a team for his HS years? YES

Is he at risk of falling into risky behavior now he's no longer part of a team? Unfortunately I think you could argue the answer is YES.

I'm not saying he should be able to play -- rules are rules and I get why they are there. I'm just suggesting your post is a bit more optimistic than the reality out there -- for some kids the only safety net they have is things like team and belonging to something.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X