•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You people are BIG DUMMY'S!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      other parents agreed and LL held them accountable, not like most kids in youth soccer clubs!!
      So by throwing the medals at them you are holding them accountable? Hmmm interesting thought process.

Comment

So by throwing the medals at them you are holding them accountable? Hmmm interesting thought process.
        Wonder if the Select parents realize they are having their kids be abused at a second tier club. If you are looking for top notch abuse and mental anguish, Stars are the destination club.

Comment

Wonder if the Select parents realize they are having their kids be abused at a second tier club. If you are looking for top notch abuse and mental anguish, Stars are the destination club.
          Thanks BTDT. You killed two birds with one stone. You hate Stars, and we know you can't stand SSS based on your blistering critiques of 12 year old SSS players on TS.

Lemme guess, you would encourage all of these kids to try out with NEFC. Tell us a little bit about how great the IDP program is. After all, what other club facilitates its U9s destined for D1 training with the U17s?

Comment

Thanks BTDT. You killed two birds with one stone. You hate Stars, and we know you can't stand SSS based on your blistering critiques of 12 year old SSS players on TS.

Lemme guess, you would encourage all of these kids to try out with NEFC. Tell us a little bit about how great the IDP program is. After all, what other club facilitates its U9s destined for D1 training with the U17s?
            LL throwing medals at her players is so Stars of 2009. Need to be more original. Maybe she can hire JD as a consultant?

Comment

Every moment can be used as a lesson & I'm sure if they got a few lucky goals the tone would have been different. Those talented girls train their butts off but could find their interests elsewhere when it all gets negative as other teams will start to catch up again. it is not worth the insanity & cost unless headed to NDA where they'll be a sure investment.
              Find an enjoyable coach and team & focus on school.
              Too much pressure can lead to burnout.

Comment

Do parents actually believe that players go out onto the field and deliberately not do their best? If so, then they should be asking themselves why. Why does my player not want to give it 100%? Remember, your player may be giving 100%, but in that game, even if she and her teammates are giving 100%, they may still lose.

Did it ever occur to anyone that these players may be having a bad game/ weekend? Maybe they are overtired and over stressed? Maybe they've been training too much and their minds and bodies just can't do any better. Get a grip!!! They have YEARS ahead of them...if they stick with the game.

One last question, would the coach have been upset and thrown down the box of medals if they'd won (mistake by other team)? Presumably, your player and team would have still not earned the win/medal, right? I suspect the coach would have behaved much differently.

Comment

Do parents actually believe that players go out onto the field and deliberately not do their best? If so, then they should be asking themselves why. Why does my player not want to give it 100%? Remember, your player may be giving 100%, but in that game, even if she and her teammates are giving 100%, they may still lose.

Did it ever occur to anyone that these players may be having a bad game/ weekend? Maybe they are overtired and over stressed? Maybe they've been training too much and their minds and bodies just can't do any better. Get a grip!!! They have YEARS ahead of them...if they stick with the game.

One last question, would the coach have been upset and thrown down the box of medals if they'd won (mistake by other team)? Presumably, your player and team would have still not earned the win/medal, right? I suspect the coach would have behaved much differently.
                  This sounds very sane, what are you doing on talking soccer? Lol

Comment

This sounds very sane, what are you doing on talking soccer? Lol
                    I love the last paragraph. If the team had won because a kid kicked the ball in her own goal or the keeper slipped in the mud, is LL parading the trophy around the parking lot because all of a sudden the team had shown its mettle, persevered and proven to be "winners"?

Comment

I will agree, these players are kids not adults. No kid will on purposely not try their hardest and put out their best effort that day. Sometimes your best effort is not always good enough or not consistant due to other circumstances as mentioned above. The first part of playing soccer should be fun and love of the game. If you make it work then the kids will start to shut down as they get older, especially around U13 or U14 which is why so many kids leave SSS around this age. They get tired of the abuse and over playing and finally realize they want to be a kid. Other clubs do the same thing but SSS IMO does it the most. Parents think playing every day in an organized setting is good for young players but it starts to become a job rather than fun. SSS can mask this by letting the kids run around the sports center like they own it and LL giving her Elite teams special gifts because she knows this will keep them around. To me this her way of saying I know I am abusing these kids but this will make up for it. Coaches need to find a balance of fun and commitment and allow the players to be kids. LL is not a good all around coach for developing strong players because of this reason. Most of her players play in fear of what she is going to do if they don't win and this is not a healthy motivator of young children. This is not a model to foster an elite level player. Again, their are other coaches out there that do the same but IMO she is at the top the top especially because she is a female coach.

Comment

I love the last paragraph. If the team had won because a kid kicked the ball in her own goal or the keeper slipped in the mud, is LL parading the trophy around the parking lot because all of a sudden the team had shown its mettle, persevered and proven to be "winners"?

of course you do because you have no life and probably wrote it.

Comment

are any teams playing at the SSSC or have they all moved to hanover?

Comment

Local town teams and all the SSS teams with their top players playing on every team so they don't lose to a town team. Most of their teams will play up 2 to 4 years. I bet she puts her U11 in the high school division.

Comment

are any teams playing at the SSSC or have they all moved to hanover?
                              Every team should go to The U, or Forekicks. The SSSC is a complete dump of a building, and now if you have a SSS player on your town travel team playing at the SSSC, they get an 80% discount. Essentially, if you're a town team playing at the SSSC with SSS players on your team, you are subsidizing the SSS players. No idea why anyone would agree to that.

The fields in that place are an absolute safety hazard.

Comment

Just the air quality alone in that building is pretty bad. You can see nasty black mold on the ceiling & the last time they put in new turf was probably never. I'm sure they will discover all sorts of Ebola once whenever they dig up that matted rug. Hazmat needs a visit.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X