Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 4 > Oregon

Notices

Oregon Discussions about Oregon soccer.

Old 05-28-2017
Unregistered

Oregon Ecnl teams aren't even the best in Oregon.

They literally pay 10k a year to hide and play terrible teams or teams that think it's a waste of money to beat up a doormat Oregon team.
Old 05-28-2017
Unregistered

Considering that nearly all of the teams would be relegated to a lower division and tournaments wise they are they are not only not getting developed but they aren't getting seen by colleges.

Pretty funny.
Old 05-28-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Idiots can blow their monies anyway they choose, of course. Don't get pissy when you get called out. That's all. Be confident in your decisions, otherwise you sound stupid. Being ignorant is acceptable.
Don't make assumptions when your hypocrisy is pointed out. I'm not an ECNL parent. I'm a TA parent whose fees are paying your kid's soccer welfare. Thorns academy is just another version of Trump's America. Give breaks to the "best" (tax breaks for the wealthy, free soccer for thorns academy), and somehow that's supposed to trickle down and benefit me. Like feeding a jackass grain and expecting to make bread with what comes out the other end.
Old 05-29-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
Oregon Ecnl teams aren't even the best in Oregon.

They literally pay 10k a year to hide and play terrible teams or teams that think it's a waste of money to beat up a doormat Oregon team.
List the non-ECNL teams in Oregon that have beat an Oregon ECNL team in the last 3 years.

Crickets...
Old 05-29-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
I just spit my coffee out regarding $2 million dollars. You must be the idiot that throws around the $10000 number.

What you should have said was 3.8 wins and they still secured all the scholarships
https://www.topdrawersoccer.com/sear...ea=commitments
How much individually for each player? Break it down. How much athletic award and how much academic award?
Old 05-29-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
Don't make assumptions when your hypocrisy is pointed out. I'm not an ECNL parent. I'm a TA parent whose fees are paying your kid's soccer welfare. Thorns academy is just another version of Trump's America. Give breaks to the "best" (tax breaks for the wealthy, free soccer for thorns academy), and somehow that's supposed to trickle down and benefit me. Like feeding a jackass grain and expecting to make bread with what comes out the other end.
Okay. Which TA club are you with that is charging you for the GDA? How much are they charging you?

When did you pay for the now-defunct Thorns Academy?
Old 05-29-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
38 wins more than any other Oregon club would have accomplished.
Never assume.
Old 05-29-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
List the non-ECNL teams in Oregon that have beat an Oregon ECNL team in the last 3 years.

Crickets...
Did you mean to say list any club team that has beaten the CU and FC P teams that play in the US CLub soccer league? That list is well into the hundreds after 3 years. The list is easy to produce it's any club they played.

While we are at it.

List how many USYs /OYSA state or regional championships won by CU or FCP in the last 5 years.

Since we are making an effort to list things that are impossible to record or track.
Old 05-29-2017
Unregistered

1. Fc p and cu were always good or terrible in state. For a long time fc wasn't even top 2 in the state. Just because they fly 3k miles to play worthless games doesn't mean they are now magically better. Ecnl teams in Oregon aren't even top in state. It's literally a joke.

2. Keep listing onyx college commitments to try to fool people into thinking it's a product of Ecnl. Those kids didn't even do this stupid Ecnl league until u17 while current teams can't even compete or are playing terrible teams like them.

3. Those top draw commits don't include all players playing in college and you will be surprised to know that those onyx families (cu for a year) many got 1k or very little money to play soccer.

When you spend 10-15k a year doing the above and get offered 1k to play at a school that isn't out of the ordinary for the past 10k years you realize you are getting scammed.
Old 05-29-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
Okay. Which TA club are you with that is charging you for the GDA? How much are they charging you?

When did you pay for the now-defunct Thorns Academy?
Not the OP but GDA is funded in part by dollars from OYSA. This is common knowledge.
OYSA is raising fees next year to all Oregon clubs. This is also common knowledge.
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that the increased fees we are all paying are going in part to subsidize the GDA teams. Since OYSA refuses to use transparent accounting and release their budget information, we are left to speculate about how much of our money is being funneled to GDA. But given the history of travel expenses with ECNL teams and the very low fee GDA families are paying, one can rightfully assume a substantial subsidy is coming from OYSA fees.

I personally don't care if your kid does GDA, ECNL, OYSA, or XYZ. I just don't want to pay for it.