Talking-Soccer.com  
Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript![ ? ]

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 4 > Oregon

Notices

Oregon Discussions about Oregon soccer.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Did PCU 04B forfeit State Cup?

OYSA results website has been taken down, and WT website is now claiming that 04b Copa are champions. Anyone know what is up?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default ***

Why would PCU forfeit? They won the game. They won spring league. They won NW Champions league. They got 2nd in fall league. Westside lost. PCU is going to regionals in Seattle. Which westside parent crossed the field after the final in state cup and confronted their coach saying how the F did you lose this game? I'm going to rip your f'ing head off. Same person who is asking this question?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Why would PCU forfeit? They won the game. They won spring league. They won NW Champions league. They got 2nd in fall league. Westside lost. PCU is going to regionals in Seattle. Which westside parent crossed the field after the final in state cup and confronted their coach saying how the F did you lose this game? I'm going to rip your f'ing head off. Same person who is asking this question?
http://www.westsidetimbers.org/home.php
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

West can post whatever they want to but the truth is that while up 2-0 10 minutes into the second half PCU scored 2 goals at 11 and 16 into the second and scored an incredible header in last minutes of the game to win the game.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Why would PCU forfeit? They won the game. They won spring league. They won NW Champions league. They got 2nd in fall league. Westside lost. PCU is going to regionals in Seattle. Which westside parent crossed the field after the final in state cup and confronted their coach saying how the F did you lose this game? I'm going to rip your f'ing head off. Same person who is asking this question?
That's what I'm asking. The final match was won by PCU 3-2. PCU was listed as the champion on the OYSA website for several weeks, and Westside's home page listed Copa as runners-up. But today (possibly earlier, I just noticed) the OYSA results page is down, and Westside's home page has been changed to list Copa as champions.

I am not involved with the 04 team (and I certainly have neither confronted or threatened any coaches), but something seems to be up. Wondering if anyone has the scoop, or is there an unfortunate coincidence (a possible error on WT's homepage, coupled with OYSA messing with the result page for the upcoming U19 tournament).

Does anyone know anything? It would be terrible for the PCU kids (and PCU is a club I like and respect) were their hard work to be undone.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
That's what I'm asking. The final match was won by PCU 3-2. PCU was listed as the champion on the OYSA website for several weeks, and Westside's home page listed Copa as runners-up. But today (possibly earlier, I just noticed) the OYSA results page is down, and Westside's home page has been changed to list Copa as champions.

I am not involved with the 04 team (and I certainly have neither confronted or threatened any coaches), but something seems to be up. Wondering if anyone has the scoop, or is there an unfortunate coincidence (a possible error on WT's homepage, coupled with OYSA messing with the result page for the upcoming U19 tournament).

Does anyone know anything? It would be terrible for the PCU kids (and PCU is a club I like and respect) were their hard work to be undone.
Are you sure Westside didn't have 03 results this way all along by accident? I'm a t WT parent too but not with that team. I just don't remember seeing anything. It would make sense if it were a site post error. More importantly, having the OYSA results offline is horrible, especially with college players already playing state cup games this weekend.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Found the OYSA results page (it's been de-linked from the home page but is still available), and it still lists PCU as the champs. It indicates the 04 boys results were updated yesterday, but I'm not aware of any changes.

http://oysa-2017oregonstatecup.sport...D8F8&show=boys
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Are you sure Westside didn't have 03 results this way all along by accident? I'm a t WT parent too but not with that team. I just don't remember seeing anything. It would make sense if it were a site post error. More importantly, having the OYSA results offline is horrible, especially with college players already playing state cup games this weekend.
WT home page has been changed, I'm pretty sure.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
OYSA results website has been taken down, and WT website is now claiming that 04b Copa are champions. Anyone know what is up?
It doesn't matter. I saw the game and it was one of the worst games I've ever seen at this age. Goalkeepers must have punted the ball 35 times. No building out of the back. It was ugly football. But there are some good individuals. It's all mute point as the top league is the DA anyways.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It doesn't matter. I saw the game and it was one of the worst games I've ever seen at this age. Goalkeepers must have punted the ball 35 times. No building out of the back. It was ugly football. But there are some good individuals. It's all mute point as the top league is the DA anyways.
Why is it a moot point? DA is a different thing.

The PCU team entered a league, played the games, had a goal and achieved it. It matters to the kids. Thats why they were out there. Its not on you to tell them what their dream is. Don't belittle or demean their achievement.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.