Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 4 > Oregon

Notices

Oregon Discussions about Oregon soccer.

Old 05-25-2017
Unregistered

Open your eyes. We all can see that the USWNT will somehow be part of GDA sooner than later. It will be another check to collect. It also makes it possible to keep some of our stars leaving to Europe for a bigger pay check.

You will see in a year or two that fees will gradually go up and surpass what the ECNL girls were playing. This will happen once GDA is on top of the Pyramid.
Old 05-25-2017
Unregistered

Whatever. It's still awesome. I don't like the bashing of Ecnl either. Can't we all just be happy for any good things that come along for our soccer girls. The top sophomores and above are already committed but the more pathways to better soccer, the better it is for all of our Oregon girls.
Old 05-25-2017
Unregistered

What a disaster. It just keeps getting worse and worse.
Old 05-25-2017
Unregistered

She does not have a ton of coaching experience, but it should be a fun "fantasy" experience for the players involved. It is like the "Timbers" camps that they run everywhere during the summer.
Old 05-25-2017
Unregistered

Bashing this is stupid. Pretty cool of Heath to want to spend time with these girls. Anytime spent with Heath would be memorable for a young soccer player and if she wants to be involved it should be applauded. Remember that one forward who played here who treated the girls poorly. We berated her and should be happy a kid like Heath wants to spend time with our kids.
And I'm a CU parent. Good job Thorns and Tobin Heath!!
Old 05-26-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
We don't have to wait and see... she's in the peak of her pro career and on the National Team. Why the hell would she ever be at your kick arounds??? Give me a break. This is so misleading and disingenuous.
Heath was at tryouts. Period
Old 05-26-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
What a disaster. It just keeps getting worse and worse.
Yet as much as people try to not look at car wrecks, you almost can't avoid it. It is bad but human nature.
Old 05-26-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
Yes. How much time do the Directors of Technical training at every club spend Monday through Friday at each team training session? Looking for average hours here. At my son's old club we were lucky to see him once a month and it was NEVER in full attention to his team and yes they were a premiere level team.
All of our teams train together from 5-930 Monday-Thursday. The Technical Director is out there during those times. I like how he disseminates curriculum and videos my session and then we talk about what I did right and wrong as a coach. It's a great learning environment for me
Old 05-26-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
All of our teams train together from 5-930 Monday-Thursday. The Technical Director is out there during those times. I like how he disseminates curriculum and videos my session and then we talk about what I did right and wrong as a coach. It's a great learning environment for me
Which club?
Old 05-26-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
Your club is the exception. Our club's DOC is too busy coaching his individual teams to make it to our training sessions.