Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 4 > Oregon

Notices

Oregon Discussions about Oregon soccer.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #11  
Old 05-26-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I don't think any of the top clubs are playing in the gda league in NorCal. Why would they want to travel to play weak teams like Oregon?
Exactly the uphill battle and angst that CU & FC P face in the their current league for all states and clubs that get scheduled to play a match in Oregon. They (current clubs) all ask US Club Soccer why do we have to travel to play teams that are so bad? Great point.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-26-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I don't think any of the top clubs are playing in the gda league in NorCal. Why would they want to travel to play weak teams like Oregon?
GDA will be mostly B league.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-26-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Eastside Timbers and Grants Pass Soocer club.
Exciting additions.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-26-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
This is why the Thorns do what they do (example-tryout fees). This last statement is so misleading. The article is obviously about GDA but they want to add how many full scholarships the DA clubs provide. 85% of these scholarships are from the BOYS side.

So Deceptive.
Looks like a pretty good way to recruit some of those awesome players that don't have the money that is required to play in most of the advanced leagues. Pretty smart move. Now they are drawing from a new pool of players with potential.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-26-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Looks like a pretty good way to recruit some of those awesome players that don't have the money that is required to play in most of the advanced leagues. Pretty smart move. Now they are drawing from a new pool of players with potential.
Should be true but it's the same pool. Majority returning Thorns Academy players, a bunch of Westside players and a few Ecnl players. Hopefully in the future.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-26-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Exactly the uphill battle and angst that CU & FC P face in the their current league for all states and clubs that get scheduled to play a match in Oregon. They (current clubs) all ask US Club Soccer why do we have to travel to play teams that are so bad? Great point.
Question. Should the Blazers disband? How about our beloved Timbers? They are as "bad" as Fc's ecnl teams. The 14s are bad - agreed, but all the other age groups are around 500 wins to losses. Would they want to be better? I am sure they would, but I am sure half the teams they played wished they were worse.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-27-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Eastside Timbers and Grants Pass Soocer club.


She much goodness!!!'
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-27-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Question. Should the Blazers disband? How about our beloved Timbers? They are as "bad" as Fc's ecnl teams. The 14s are bad - agreed, but all the other age groups are around 500 wins to losses. Would they want to be better? I am sure they would, but I am sure half the teams they played wished they were worse.
You miss the point these aren't professionals. getting paid. These are families forking out thousands to go play teams that don't have 1 player who could even make their club team. It's a waste of their time and money. All for the sake of the 3 clicks below portland neighborhood player?

FC & CU would never play against any of the top 2/3 rd clubs team (in their home state local leagues), they would be a tier 2 or 3 or even tier 4 in California, Texas, Washington, Ohio, Florida etc.. etc.. Maybe that's why they are shipped out to a mountain/pacific conference with utah and Idaho. Throw in the fact that Washington's best clubs joined the DA asap to avoid playing Oregon. So Cal teams from the DA or the US Club league will never come to play just the Oregon teams it's a waste of time and money.

Blazers don't fly fly out to Maine to play the D league Red Claws if they did they should disband.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-27-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Eastside Timbers and Grants Pass Soocer club.
Such a good thing! You have no idea how good this is.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-27-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You miss the point these aren't professionals. getting paid. These are families forking out thousands to go play teams that don't have 1 player who could even make their club team. It's a waste of their time and money. All for the sake of the 3 clicks below portland neighborhood player?

FC & CU would never play against any of the top 2/3 rd clubs team (in their home state local leagues), they would be a tier 2 or 3 or even tier 4 in California, Texas, Washington, Ohio, Florida etc.. etc.. Maybe that's why they are shipped out to a mountain/pacific conference with utah and Idaho. Throw in the fact that Washington's best clubs joined the DA asap to avoid playing Oregon. So Cal teams from the DA or the US Club league will never come to play just the Oregon teams it's a waste of time and money.

Blazers don't fly fly out to Maine to play the D league Red Claws if they did they should disband.
Reasoning of a desperate person. So sad and so sorry for you.

Show us documented proof, not hearsay.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.