Talking-Soccer.com  
Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript![ ? ]

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 4 > Oregon

Notices

Oregon Discussions about Oregon soccer.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-11-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Thorns Acad prohibited from charging tryout fee

This is good news for anyone that wants to try out.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-12-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

There is nothing that prevents a tryout fee. That's ridiculous. It's an important part of the business model for these types of ventures.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-12-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
There is nothing that prevents a tryout fee. That's ridiculous. It's an important part of the business model for these types of ventures.
Yeah $20,000 to $30,000 for a two day try out is serious money. Nice work pulling that off.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-12-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yeah $20,000 to $30,000 for a two day try out is serious money. Nice work pulling that off.
Yeah, but there will be Thorns players watching the tryouts. LOL

Lets face it, GW and MP will try to milk as much money out of youth soccer as possible.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-12-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yeah $20,000 to $30,000 for a two day try out is serious money. Nice work pulling that off.
And soccer keeps getting more and more expensive for the kids at the bottom. Rich get richer.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-12-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yeah $20,000 to $30,000 for a two day try out is serious money. Nice work pulling that off.
It is what it is. Why complain? I ask that seriously.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-12-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It is what it is. Why complain? I ask that seriously.
These financial wizards are complaining because they want people to be outraged by a $125 tryout fee when the GDA is only $2,000 per year and not by the $7,000 to $10,000 annual cost to play ECNL.

4 Years ECNL = $28,000 to $40,000 per player

4 Years GDA = $8,000


Oh, but that $125 tryout fee is the deal breaker? C'mon man!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-12-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

If you van attract players who have no shot at making the team and milk them for $125 for two days and get enough of them out, you can amass profits in the tens of thousands of dollars you can use to subsidize the program.

Unfortunately US soccer expressly prohibits a try out fee so that's good. It lowers the barrier to participate. Always good.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-12-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Wow. I could see how those tryouts would be flooded. Basically a free soccer sesssion.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-12-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
These financial wizards are complaining because they want people to be outraged by a $125 tryout fee when the GDA is only $2,000 per year and not by the $7,000 to $10,000 annual cost to play ECNL.

4 Years ECNL = $28,000 to $40,000 per player

4 Years GDA = $8,000


Oh, but that $125 tryout fee is the deal breaker? C'mon man!
If you are lemming enough to really believe that GDA is just $2000 per year, then I've got some nice oceanfront property in Idaho to sell you...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.