Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 4 > Oregon

Notices

Oregon Discussions about Oregon soccer.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #21  
Old 02-07-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I heard Westside turned it down. I think it's being shopped around.
NEU would be the logical choice for a girls DA with their track record of girls programs.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 02-07-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Odd that Westside would turn GDA down for girls...and in the same stroke of the pen bring on more age groups for boys DA. Somewhat discriminatory. Will be interesting to see what shakes out.
There is essentially no reason for GDAP in Oregon. Maybe one girl every 20 years has both the capability & desire to play USWNT/pro.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 02-07-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

And above is true for boys/men from Oregon also. Yet Dix clubs continue with DA.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 02-07-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Six not Dix.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 02-07-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Doesn't matter where you go to school. Have fun and get a good education. Soccer is pretty low on importance list.
Said the guy trolling and posting on Talking Soccer......
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 02-07-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
True. Unless those one track mind girls burn out or get injured. Carrying all your eggs in one basket is a pretty risky proposition but good luck to you.
How do you know all eggs are in one basket? I know plenty of great students that play Thorns, I don't think they'll need soccer to get into college. Why is this a risk to the poster, are they the ones going to college? Are they telling their daughter to not study or have other interests because soccer will take care of everything? Why are the Thorns any more susceptible to burn out than any ecnl players? You're an idiot.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 02-07-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Not sure thorns even got community college or jC this year. Did they all just quit soccer completely.
That would be none of your business.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 02-07-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

The thorns haven't placed girls into college much but that doesn't mean the program is a failure. Just struggling a bit.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 02-07-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1984351]How do you know all eggs are in one basket? Because Thorns will require them to give up HS soccer, other HS sports, and most or all extracurriculars to do four practices a week.

I know plenty of great students that play Thorns, I don't think they'll need soccer to get into college. Ok that's great.

Why is this a risk to the poster, are they the ones going to college? I didn't say it was. Try reading for comprehension.

Are they telling their daughter to not study or have other interests because soccer will take care of everything? The thorns parents I know are telling their players they have a shot to make the pros. So I guess the answer to your question is maybe?

Why are the Thorns any more susceptible to burn out than any ecnl players? Because ECNL players are allowed to pursue other sports, play HS soccer for fun with friends they've had since early childhood in many cases, and aren't expected to give everything else up for soccer. That is the definition of burnout.

You're an idiot. Name calling dilutes whatever weak point you were attempting to make.

Answers above.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 02-07-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The thorns haven't placed girls into college much but that doesn't mean the program is a failure. Just struggling a bit.
Winning games and having fun are important. I know a lot of you think college is more important but I disagree.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.