Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 4 > Oregon

Notices

Oregon Discussions about Oregon soccer.

Old 12-19-2016
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It's become repeatedly obvious that the only ones in here posting about this are ECNL parents who are sour about there being another option to attract the talent. Get over it already!
Winner
Old 12-19-2016
Unregistered

Quote:
Yes but wait there's more. Then they take that team and use it to pummel their old OYSA teams. Then their parents come on Talking-soccer and brag about it. Stay classy, Thorns academy.
Did that beating last weekend hurt your ego, Eugene dad? Get used to it. I'm not sure you'll score a goal all season.
Old 12-19-2016
Unregistered

Thorns academy and ussf mandated league for girls is a joke. It wouldn't be if the thorns actually did good work prior to it.

However,

It's very obvious how much of a scam Ecnl is and how ignorant the lies are that are used to promote it here.

I'm 100% positive the poster of this thread is worried about losing their toxic club hopper parents to the next joke of an idea. They lie and sell to get people to join because they are realizing they aren't getting any good kids at the younger ages and can't rely on their ability to develop players with crappy coaches and horrible structure.

With thorns coming in and wa clubs pulling out of Ecnl, again these clubs will be stuck holding a rotting bag and fail the second time doing A national league.
Old 12-20-2016
Unregistered

Quote:
OYSA games don't count.
FWRL games don't count.
Beaverton cup is embarrassing.

How did someone think this was a good idea?
Winning events and trophies isn't important.
Old 12-20-2016
Unregistered

Quote:
Thorns academy and ussf mandated league for girls is a joke. It wouldn't be if the thorns actually did good work prior to it.

However,

It's very obvious how much of a scam Ecnl is and how ignorant the lies are that are used to promote it here.

I'm 100% positive the poster of this thread is worried about losing their toxic club hopper parents to the next joke of an idea. They lie and sell to get people to join because they are realizing they aren't getting any good kids at the younger ages and can't rely on their ability to develop players with crappy coaches and horrible structure.

With thorns coming in and wa clubs pulling out of Ecnl, again these clubs will be stuck holding a rotting bag and fail the second time doing A national league.
Girls soccer in general should just get out from the timbers and thorns.
When is the last time you saw any professional players out at a practice working with kids
It's just a dead end road to be affiliated with them .
Old 12-20-2016
Unregistered

Look, I am getting really tired of the judgment and nastiness about OUR choice to do Thorns Academy. Our player was on a dead end TA team - she knew it, the other parents knew it, the coaches knew it. She was head and shoulders above her teammates, and there was no way they were going to catch up to her.

Thorns Academy offers her a chance to play with girls of her own level. Is it a tiny bit of fun to go back and blow out the old TA teams? I would be lying if I said it wasn't. But she is having fun and we aren't blowing our budget and putting her on an airplane every weekend like we would be doing if she played ECNL.

And as far as ECNL goes, I very much doubt it's ECNL parents posting here. She has friends with both ECNL clubs. They are nice families and seem happy where they are and more or less disinterested in Thorns Academy. Which is fine with us too. We don't all have to like the same flavor of ice cream to get along, and we don't have to all choose the same soccer path to get along.

I think the nastiness on this thread and board overall is coming from those who were left behind. And I offer zero apologies to them. Your kid isn't as talented as mine. She didn't work as hard as mine. She didn't want to win as much as mine. So enjoy the beatdowns you have earned when you play Thorns Academy, ECNL, or any out of state team. You are second tier and that's what happens to second tier teams.
Old 12-20-2016
Unregistered

Quote:
Look, I am getting really tired of the judgment and nastiness about OUR choice to do Thorns Academy. Our player was on a dead end TA team - she knew it, the other parents knew it, the coaches knew it. She was head and shoulders above her teammates, and there was no way they were going to catch up to her.

Thorns Academy offers her a chance to play with girls of her own level. Is it a tiny bit of fun to go back and blow out the old TA teams? I would be lying if I said it wasn't. But she is having fun and we aren't blowing our budget and putting her on an airplane every weekend like we would be doing if she played ECNL.

And as far as ECNL goes, I very much doubt it's ECNL parents posting here. She has friends with both ECNL clubs. They are nice families and seem happy where they are and more or less disinterested in Thorns Academy. Which is fine with us too. We don't all have to like the same flavor of ice cream to get along, and we don't have to all choose the same soccer path to get along.

I think the nastiness on this thread and board overall is coming from those who were left behind. And I offer zero apologies to them. Your kid isn't as talented as mine. She didn't work as hard as mine. She didn't want to win as much as mine. So enjoy the beatdowns you have earned when you play Thorns Academy, ECNL, or any out of state team. You are second tier and that's what happens to second tier teams.
This has to be click bait. Hard to believe that a parent on any team at any level would write this.
Old 12-20-2016
Unregistered

Quote:

Merry Christmas, Salem Superstar's mom!

BTW, she ain't that good. Just saying...
Old 12-20-2016
Unregistered

Quote:
Merry Christmas, Salem Superstar's mom!

BTW, she ain't that good. Just saying...
Your jealousy is ugly. Enjoy your rec league team.
Old 12-20-2016
Unregistered

Quote:

Your daughter obviously isn't very good friends with ECNL players because no one in ECNL is getting on a plane every weekend. Depending on your age the flights that will be taken in 2016-17 season range from 2 flights - 5 flights in the entire season