Talking-Soccer.com  
Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript![ ? ]

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 4 > Oregon

Notices

Oregon Discussions about Oregon soccer.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-20-2016
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Futsal/Indoor thread

An interesting conversation on futsal and indoor soccer got started on the 05 Boys thread. Since this topic is important to more than that age group, I'm starting this thread here.

Have at it. One... two... three...
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-21-2016
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
An interesting conversation on futsal and indoor soccer got started on the 05 Boys thread. Since this topic is important to more than that age group, I'm starting this thread here.

Have at it. One... two... three...


Both ROCK!

Enjoy playing.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-21-2016
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Kids that have great skills but are slow on a big field seem to love Futsal and parents of before mentioned kids also are big fans of Futsal but hate indoor soccer. Why?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-21-2016
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Can't wait to see the new westside Rose City facility when it opens!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-21-2016
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Love them both and outdoor too.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-21-2016
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

both are tons of fun. the rub on indoor is that poor shots, passes, etc often result in goals. indoor also rewards physicality, bootball, and player speed over team collaboration and building an attack. walls can be very dangerous as well.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-21-2016
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Futsal on a hard wood or rubberized surface is best and agree with everything above.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-21-2016
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
both are tons of fun. the rub on indoor is that poor shots, passes, etc often result in goals. indoor also rewards physicality, bootball, and player speed over team collaboration and building an attack. walls can be very dangerous as well.
Every type of surface and dimension plays to a different skill set and athlete.. as an example Tennis clay courts, grass courts & hard courts dont suit everyone the same see Serena Williams.

Futsal in its purest form is street soccer much like street basketball.

Except tha actual soccer is played 11 v11 which requires stud athletes and technicans blended together.

For each there own.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-21-2016
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Every type of surface and dimension plays to a different skill set and athlete.. as an example Tennis clay courts, grass courts & hard courts dont suit everyone the same see Serena Williams.

Futsal in its purest form is street soccer much like street basketball.

Except tha actual soccer is played 11 v11 which requires stud athletes and technicans blended together.

For each there own.
Street basketball is frequently less than 5-on-5, and is played on pavement rather than a wooden floor, so yes. The tactical challenges of 2-on-2 or 3-on-3 are far less than 5-on-5.

Indoor soccer, because of play off the walls, may well venture too far afield from outdoor soccer to be useful as a teaching technique. Many of the skills needed in indoor are useless in futsal or outdoor. (It's fine as a sport on its own merits). To think of the issue in the opposite direction, imagine if the boards were out of bounds in ice hockey, and striking them with the puck was a turnover. Would be a completely different game (and so-called "pond hockey", which is typically played outdoors on frozen lakes, is indeed a very different game from ice hockey).
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-21-2016
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Street basketball is frequently less than 5-on-5, and is played on pavement rather than a wooden floor, so yes. The tactical challenges of 2-on-2 or 3-on-3 are far less than 5-on-5.

Indoor soccer, because of play off the walls, may well venture too far afield from outdoor soccer to be useful as a teaching technique. Many of the skills needed in indoor are useless in futsal or outdoor. (It's fine as a sport on its own merits). To think of the issue in the opposite direction, imagine if the boards were out of bounds in ice hockey, and striking them with the puck was a turnover. Would be a completely different game (and so-called "pond hockey", which is typically played outdoors on frozen lakes, is indeed a very different game from ice hockey).
Sorry, but last time I checked Indoor Soccer is played with the same soccer ball used in outdoor soccer. So all of the techniques used on the ball are the same. Unlike Futsal which uses a heavier (medicine) like ball, certain techniques used on the ball in passing and shooting in Futsal really don't translate well or very often to the outdoor game much. It's called a trade off. In indoor soccer The walls can be used for inventive passes and the ability to get a true wall pass to oneself. Which is very impressive to witness when performed by highly skilled 'ballers'. The walls keep the ball in ball for the average player in the states, which the majority of the adult and youth players fall into this category. The reality in Oregon is we live in area that is cold and rainy during the late fall, winter and early spring grass fields turn into mud pits, (which highight other skills not found in Futsal or Indoor Soccer or even the outdoor game played on turf). Understanding that playing the beautiful game on any platform is all that really matters be it Indoor, Futsal, Outdoor 1v1 to 11 v11 the more opportunities to play the better and express oneself. In the end you want to be relevant in the full sided game with your own unique skill and athletic abilities. Enjoy.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.