Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 4 > Oregon

Notices

Oregon Discussions about Oregon soccer.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-04-2016
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Boys 05

*Gotsoccer:

1486 LA AMISTAD LASC EAGLES 05
*553 FC PORTLAND 05B NAVY 12
*383 WESTSIDE TIMBERS BU05 COPA
*306 CAPITAL FC TIMBERS CFC 05 RED
*288 FC PORTLAND 05B WHITE 12
*276 FOOTHILLS CELTIC'S
*276 LINCOLN YOUTH SOCCER RED 05
*246 SESC KINGS WHITE
*227 CROSSFIRE OREGON U12 2005 BOYS
*221 SOUTHSIDE SSC U12 AZUL
*201 PORTLAND CITY UNITED PCU B05 RED
*198 SESC KINGS BLUE
*172 ETFC MARSEILLE BLACK
*168 HSC BOCA JRS.
*156 REDMOND RAPTORS
*156 4H MORELIA
*156 ETFC MARSEILLE RED
*130 PCU 05B BLACK
*114 LOSCGREEN 01
*79 WESTSIDE TIMBERS 05B SAMBA
*78 EASTSIDE TIMBERS '05B RED TEAM
*60 NEU PDX NEU 05B WHITE
*60 WILLAMETTE UNITED WUSC 05B
*53 F.C. PORTLAND ACADEMY U12 (04) USDA
*40 ACADEMIA DE FUTEBOLTRAINING ADF 05
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-04-2016
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
*Gotsoccer:

1486 LA AMISTAD LASC EAGLES 05
*553 FC PORTLAND 05B NAVY 12
*383 WESTSIDE TIMBERS BU05 COPA
*306 CAPITAL FC TIMBERS CFC 05 RED
*288 FC PORTLAND 05B WHITE 12
*276 FOOTHILLS CELTIC'S
*276 LINCOLN YOUTH SOCCER RED 05
*246 SESC KINGS WHITE
*227 CROSSFIRE OREGON U12 2005 BOYS
*221 SOUTHSIDE SSC U12 AZUL
*201 PORTLAND CITY UNITED PCU B05 RED
*198 SESC KINGS BLUE
*172 ETFC MARSEILLE BLACK
*168 HSC BOCA JRS.
*156 REDMOND RAPTORS
*156 4H MORELIA
*156 ETFC MARSEILLE RED
*130 PCU 05B BLACK
*114 LOSCGREEN 01
*79 WESTSIDE TIMBERS 05B SAMBA
*78 EASTSIDE TIMBERS '05B RED TEAM
*60 NEU PDX NEU 05B WHITE
*60 WILLAMETTE UNITED WUSC 05B
*53 F.C. PORTLAND ACADEMY U12 (04) USDA
*40 ACADEMIA DE FUTEBOLTRAINING ADF 05
The problem with this ranking is that Got Soccer only counts those tournaments with which they are affiliated. Sadly, this is only great for learning who did well in the Timber's alliance scrimmages.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-04-2016
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The problem with this ranking is that Got Soccer only counts those tournaments with which they are affiliated. Sadly, this is only great for learning who did well in the Timber's alliance scrimmages.
I wonder why they don't count non-TA tourneys?

Oh, that's right, there are none
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-04-2016
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I wonder why they don't count non-TA tourneys?

Oh, that's right, there are none
Mt. Hood Challenge? Chinook Cup?

Neither is an elite tournament, but then none of the local summer tournaments are...
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-04-2016
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Mt. Hood Challenge? Chinook Cup?

Neither is an elite tournament, but then none of the local summer tournaments are...
The Timbers involvement in youth soccer is weird, but gotsoccer points has nothing to do with them. I think tournaments have the option of paying to be part of the gotsoccer network; those that don't get ignored by their system at the younger ages and are undervalued in their system at the older ages.

Using gotsoccer to compare Portland teams is mostly for conversation - last plant and the US youth soccer rankings have more rigor behind them, if that is your thing.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-05-2016
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Mt. Hood Challenge? Chinook Cup?

Neither is an elite tournament, but then none of the local summer tournaments are...
I agree with the Chinook Cup, but Mt Hood does draw a lot of teams. In this age group, LA Amistad, Eugene Timbers and Crossfire Pre Academy 05's played premiere. Crossfire beat Eugene in the championship game. Curiously, Clash at the Border, another large tourney here in PDX also was not rated and Crossfire also went undefeated in the highest bracket in that tourney and beat Westside Timbers Copa in the finals. So basically, Got Soccer rankings really are just filled with partial results.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-05-2016
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I agree with the Chinook Cup, but Mt Hood does draw a lot of teams. In this age group, LA Amistad, Eugene Timbers and Crossfire Pre Academy 05's played premiere. Crossfire beat Eugene in the championship game. Curiously, Clash at the Border, another large tourney here in PDX also was not rated and Crossfire also went undefeated in the highest bracket in that tourney and beat Westside Timbers Copa in the finals. So basically, Got Soccer rankings really are just filled with partial results.
I think tournaments have to pay to be listed; if they aren't listed, no points assigned at u11 and u12s (they will give points to older groups). It is weird.

However u13 and u14 get points - here are Clash at the Border points for u13 boys for example.

http://home.gotsoccer.com/rankings/e...GroupID=559403
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-05-2016
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Crossfire, Westside, and La Amistad are the teams to beat!!! It's going to be fun to beat up on ADF this year. They lost almost all of their games this summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I agree with the Chinook Cup, but Mt Hood does draw a lot of teams. In this age group, LA Amistad, Eugene Timbers and Crossfire Pre Academy 05's played premiere. Crossfire beat Eugene in the championship game. Curiously, Clash at the Border, another large tourney here in PDX also was not rated and Crossfire also went undefeated in the highest bracket in that tourney and beat Westside Timbers Copa in the finals. So basically, Got Soccer rankings really are just filled with partial results.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-05-2016
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Crossfire, Westside, and La Amistad are the teams to beat!!! It's going to be fun to beat up on ADF this year. They lost almost all of their games this summer.
Well, Copa gets LASC/ISC this Saturday, and Navy on Sunday. Fun way to start the season.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-06-2016
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Agreed. Well, it is going to be fun beating that Joaquin character and his rag-tag band of talent this weekend. Navy will be in that top group with the others mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Well, Copa gets LASC/ISC this Saturday, and Navy on Sunday. Fun way to start the season.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.