Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 4 > Oregon

Notices

Oregon Discussions about Oregon soccer.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #681  
Old 06-08-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If you don't like ODP or Thorns or Ecnl or OYSA, don't do the ones you don't like. No one is forcing anyone.
The one good thing about pay-to-play soccer: walk with your wallet if you don't like a program.
Reply With Quote
  #682  
Old 06-08-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
So this is when you know the program is shady . When you have players that didn't make the Thorn's team but they made regional camp. Than they threw a few life lines out and filled the rest of the spots with their team .
Really??

Regional Camp is for 1 week with a possibility of 1 additional week in November, Thorns Academy is for 10 months committment of practice 3-4 x per week(downtown PDX) and travel out of town/State for games.

Your answer is parent quit their job or move in next to training facility?

Thorns program or ECNL program is not a perfect fit for every good player.
Reply With Quote
  #683  
Old 07-08-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Just go train with Tracy Hasson and you have a good chance of making the academy. He thinks he is a good trainer, but we've been with mailmen, yes mailmen, who were cheaper and better tha Tracy. He's now apologizing to parents for telling them to go to certain clubs. What a joke.
So what do you have against Tracy? I'm confused. I get that everyone has a trainer/coach preference as well as an opinion, but this seems awfully personal. I've always heard good things about character/personality, etc. What am I missing?
Reply With Quote
  #684  
Old 07-08-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
So what do you have against Tracy? I'm confused. I get that everyone has a trainer/coach preference as well as an opinion, but this seems awfully personal. I've always heard good things about character/personality, etc. What am I missing?
Not the OP but they do make a good point. To make the Academy as an average player you must pay for private training with TH or RM. it suck for the PTFC Academy teams as they are weaker than they could be but at least those two get their pockets lined with cash. They would need the extra cash if the tightass Timbers would pay decent wages. But then if the Timbers were willing to pay decent wages they would have top DA staff
Reply With Quote
  #685  
Old 07-08-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Not the OP but they do make a good point. To make the Academy as an average player you must pay for private training with TH or RM. it suck for the PTFC Academy teams as they are weaker than they could be but at least those two get their pockets lined with cash. They would need the extra cash if the tightass Timbers would pay decent wages. But then if the Timbers were willing to pay decent wages they would have top DA staff
There are more academy players that have not paid to privately train with TH or RM that are on the teams than those who did. Are you saying the players that have privately paid to train with Timbers coaches are the weaker players who otherwise would not have made the team because they are less talented and skilled than other players out there who tried out and did not make the team? If so this means parents are basically buying kids spots on the top team in the state. Sounds like an interesting news story.
Reply With Quote
  #686  
Old 07-08-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Not the OP but they do make a good point. To make the Academy as an average player you must pay for private training with TH or RM. it suck for the PTFC Academy teams as they are weaker than they could be but at least those two get their pockets lined with cash. They would need the extra cash if the tightass Timbers would pay decent wages. But then if the Timbers were willing to pay decent wages they would have top DA staff
Yeah makes sense on wages. I feel for coaches who love the game but also want to make a decent living... But let me share my story. My kid trained with them and did not make the academy. They were pretty clear they were providing extra training to improve and that is all. We, well my son, got feedback to why he wasn't at that level. He remains motivated and has playing in college on the mind. Something the rose city team has helped with. They don't deserve this abuse. I think the issue that should be addressed is why lessons are sot after. Typical clubs don't provide enough training so kids can compete. 3 hours a week?! That is fine for the families that want balance and a simple experience. But for the kids who want to train all the time, have college goals but are not good enough for academy there is no second tier option. At least not for my kid's age. I hope the young, aspiring coaches stay motivated to keep learning and stay in the game. Because if these negative forum happy parents scare them off, we are left with all the fat old English guys who REALLY are just out for a paycheck.
Reply With Quote
  #687  
Old 07-08-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
There are more academy players that have not paid to privately train with TH or RM that are on the teams than those who did. Are you saying the players that have privately paid to train with Timbers coaches are the weaker players who otherwise would not have made the team because they are less talented and skilled than other players out there who tried out and did not make the team? If so this means parents are basically buying kids spots on the top team in the state. Sounds like an interesting news story.
Of course that is what they are saying, and they are correct. Wake up, it has been happening for a long time now. Look no further than the 05 Boys Timbers Academy team. A rich dad, with a Brazillian coach in his back pocket, first goes to ADF and subsidizes the entire 05 group, and a good percentage of the club as a whole. By the end of fall league, Brazillian coach is receiving pressure to not play Rich parent's son as competitively and athletically speaking, he was not at the same level. Brazillian coach answers to Rich Dad, and not club, so no change in playing time was made. Brazillian coach shown the door, Rich Dad takes his Son and $ and leaves. Rich Dad approaches Timbers...and violaa!! A deal is made for Brazillian coach and Dad to run and oversee the 05 Timbers Academy team. Of course son, and his buddies all make the team. As do the kids who were taking private lessons from Brazillian coach. This is not exclusive to the Timbers, and this post is in no way an indictment or an endorsement of the situation. It is, what it is. Meet the new boss....same as the old boss.
Reply With Quote
  #688  
Old 07-08-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yeah makes sense on wages. I feel for coaches who love the game but also want to make a decent living... But let me share my story. My kid trained with them and did not make the academy. They were pretty clear they were providing extra training to improve and that is all. We, well my son, got feedback to why he wasn't at that level. He remains motivated and has playing in college on the mind. Something the rose city team has helped with. They don't deserve this abuse. I think the issue that should be addressed is why lessons are sot after. Typical clubs don't provide enough training so kids can compete. 3 hours a week?! That is fine for the families that want balance and a simple experience. But for the kids who want to train all the time, have college goals but are not good enough for academy there is no second tier option. At least not for my kid's age. I hope the young, aspiring coaches stay motivated to keep learning and stay in the game. Because if these negative forum happy parents scare them off, we are left with all the fat old English guys who REALLY are just out for a paycheck.
Ouch. There are fat Mexican, Australian, Brazillian Chillean, and Dutch coaches as well that are open and recptive to fleecing parents for tax free payments. Don't see race, color, or national origin....they are all coaches.
Reply With Quote
  #689  
Old 07-08-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Ouch. There are fat Mexican, Australian, Brazillian Chillean, and Dutch coaches as well that are open and recptive to fleecing parents for tax free payments. Don't see race, color, or national origin....they are all coaches.
That is true. I should not have profiled. My experience is not everyones.... But I still think you get my point.
Reply With Quote
  #690  
Old 07-08-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Of course that is what they are saying, and they are correct. Wake up, it has been happening for a long time now. Look no further than the 05 Boys Timbers Academy team. A rich dad, with a Brazillian coach in his back pocket, first goes to ADF and subsidizes the entire 05 group, and a good percentage of the club as a whole. By the end of fall league, Brazillian coach is receiving pressure to not play Rich parent's son as competitively and athletically speaking, he was not at the same level. Brazillian coach answers to Rich Dad, and not club, so no change in playing time was made. Brazillian coach shown the door, Rich Dad takes his Son and $ and leaves. Rich Dad approaches Timbers...and violaa!! A deal is made for Brazillian coach and Dad to run and oversee the 05 Timbers Academy team. Of course son, and his buddies all make the team. As do the kids who were taking private lessons from Brazillian coach. This is not exclusive to the Timbers, and this post is in no way an indictment or an endorsement of the situation. It is, what it is. Meet the new boss....same as the old boss.
The "entire 05 group" at ADF was not subsidized last year.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.