Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barca Girls Program

I just saw on another thread Allie Long did a clinic for Barca girls. Anyone got info on Barca and a girls program. Teams they are fielding and where they are playing out of?

Thanks

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I just saw on another thread Allie Long did a clinic for Barca girls. Anyone got info on Barca and a girls program. Teams they are fielding and where they are playing out of?

Thanks
    Allie Long is the TD of the girls program

Comment

It looks like they are playing NYCSL metro division

Comment

do they have any teams for 2004 and older or just up to 2005?

Comment

anyone have a link to anything? You would figure they would want people to know about it,

Comment

do they have any teams for 2004 and older or just up to 2005?
            Has anyone received any further information about the program since registration? I have emailed the Academy to see if I could maybe get a practice schedule or if some kind of orientation is planned and never heard back. Does anybody have any further info on the girls program other than what was initially provided in the invitation letter? Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Has anyone received any further information about the program since registration? I have emailed the Academy to see if I could maybe get a practice schedule or if some kind of orientation is planned and never heard back. Does anybody have any further info on the girls program other than what was initially provided in the invitation letter? Any help would be appreciated.
              Welcome to Barca! Yeah, they need to work on their communications a bit more.

Comment

Barca's email system was down for a little while from what I hear even FC barcelona's emails were having issues. I saw they are now back up and running; I would send a new email in case that one never made it through as I did.
                Training restarts August 20.

For anyone that wants info- you can follow Barca Academy Pro NY on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter and will see all the info you need; they post often. FC Barcelona will occasionally post info regarding Barca NY events also. I do not work there, these are the ways I know of to keep up to date.

Also, They have fielded Girls teams at many ages, I do not know what ages though. You can email Barca NY at Barcaacademyny@fcbarcelona.cat and ask for info.

Until the they have at least 2-3 fields complete at the complex in Kings Park, The teams train out of NYIT and Manhasset valley Park for the most part.

Comment

Westchester parent here who just received the pre-season schedule and having a difficult time trying to figure out how we will be getting our daughter to the second week of practice let alone for regular season practices. Unfortunately, our work schedule doesn't allow us to leave earlier than 515 for a 6pm practice. Any other Westchester parents facing the same issue? Any ideas? Does anyone carpool? Does anyone have any idea at what time regular season practices will be held (also at 6pm or later?). Thanks.

Comment

Why go from westchester to LI for a metro league team?

Comment

Why go from westchester to LI for a metro league team?

It's about the training. :)

But I do agree with you to a certain extent- if your work schedule doesn't allow for the far travel, why would you do it? There are people that come in from Manhattan, Bronx, Queens, Brooklyn- I would speak to people at the training sessions and see who if near you and who will be practicing at the same times.

FYI- With Barca NY- If your player is a younger age, they will always practice earlier in the evenings.

Comment

It's about the training. :)

But I do agree with you to a certain extent- if your work schedule doesn't allow for the far travel, why would you do it? There are people that come in from Manhattan, Bronx, Queens, Brooklyn- I would speak to people at the training sessions and see who if near you and who will be practicing at the same times.

FYI- With Barca NY- If your player is a younger age, they will always practice earlier in the evenings.
                        If the King's Park facility does ever open this year, then plan on adding 30+ minutes to your commute as it's further East.

How old is your child that you are considering this type of commute? It's a lot on the kids several days a week.

Comment

If the King's Park facility does ever open this year, then plan on adding 30+ minutes to your commute as it's further East.

How old is your child that you are considering this type of commute? It's a lot on the kids several days a week.
                          KP facility will be open and running by the end of September or October. The supervisor on site confirmed. Haters hate away. #ForcaBarca

Comment

Westchester parent here who just received the pre-season schedule and having a difficult time trying to figure out how we will be getting our daughter to the second week of practice let alone for regular season practices. Unfortunately, our work schedule doesn't allow us to leave earlier than 515 for a 6pm practice. Any other Westchester parents facing the same issue? Any ideas? Does anyone carpool? Does anyone have any idea at what time regular season practices will be held (also at 6pm or later?). Thanks.
                            Ask around at practice, I'm sure you will be able to find someone willing to help out. Plenty of kids coming from Westchester, NJ, and CT. Check with other teams training in the same time slots, boys too. The admin staff may have a better idea of kids coming from these areas and point you in the right direction.

Comment

Yikes. Westchester to Suffolk County 4 days a week? That is a huge undertaking especially for a team that is not DA or ECNL badged.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X