X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    He said, she said, blah blah blah.

I would like to know more about the ref's interaction with the parents. Now I remember at U12 we used get loud but at no time was a game ever stopped and our coached ask (or came over on her own accord) to come tells us to pipe down. Did the ref warn them? Did the AR say anything? Were they yelling at the opposing players? Their players? the officiating group? This kind of behavior fascinates me in adults and would really like to read more.
    Looks like I know what game I'm watching Saturday! lol!
    It was a quarter-final game. The ref was young and kind of soft spoken. Don't remember the AR being involved. The referee had a chat with the coach before he came over. There was yelling from the parents but I don't know what it was or who it was directed at. It got louder after the yellow card. So my guess is that it was directed at the referee. Anyone who claims to know what was said between coach and referee is probably lying as they were very close together and all the way across the field. Not sure even the bench players could have overheard it.

This team is really bizarre to watch and the referees have probably been alerted. The parents are absolutely crazy and almost ruined the team, but they have several really terrific players, are opportunistic, and seem to have come alive since their previous coach was replaced. Definitely worth watching next weekend.

Comment

It was a quarter-final game. The ref was young and kind of soft spoken. Don't remember the AR being involved. The referee had a chat with the coach before he came over. There was yelling from the parents but I don't know what it was or who it was directed at. It got louder after the yellow card. So my guess is that it was directed at the referee. Anyone who claims to know what was said between coach and referee is probably lying as they were very close together and all the way across the field. Not sure even the bench players could have overheard it.

This team is really bizarre to watch and the referees have probably been alerted. The parents are absolutely crazy and almost ruined the team, but they have several really terrific players, are opportunistic, and seem to have come alive since their previous coach was replaced. Definitely worth watching next weekend.
      I am curious. There is alot of talk on this blog about various actions at THUSC. A high level coach leaving, a coach with multiple red cards (one at U10 level which is really crazy)
      and this is not the first time we have heard about this Mercury team and the behaivor. What is the deal over there. Is it the culture of the club? Or is it an unlucky year?

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;522882] If my daughter acted that way on the field, I would personally walk out there and pull her off the field by her ponytail.[/QUOTE]

And then exactly who would be the "bad parent"?

Comment

It's the Club

I am curious. There is alot of talk on this blog about various actions at THUSC. A high level coach leaving, a coach with multiple red cards (one at U10 level which is really crazy)
          and this is not the first time we have heard about this Mercury team and the behaivor. What is the deal over there. Is it the culture of the club? Or is it an unlucky year?
          It's consistent throughout the club on the boys and girls side and has been for years. The carping at referees is a constant from both sides of the field.

Comment

Yellow card was to THUSC girl for her continued bad mouthing of the ref. The Thusc coach WAS told by the ref he would call the game if he didn't tell his parents to knock it off. The coach did not do that on his own accord.
            Actually the player who got the card did NOT mouth off...but her mother who sounds very similar was so the young man, who had ZERO business doing a State Cup Quarter Final game, whipped out the card without first warning the player or even actually seeing her make a comment directed at him. In the officiating world that is know as having "Rabbit Ears".

Comment

Originally posted by rvrctyrdnck View Post
              Actually the player who got the card did NOT mouth off...but her mother who sounds very similar was so the young man, who had ZERO business doing a State Cup Quarter Final game, whipped out the card without first warning the player or even actually seeing her make a comment directed at him. In the officiating world that is know as having "Rabbit Ears".
              Umm ya, like mother like daughter..... these girls have learned this behavior from their crazy parent, sad...

Comment

Umm ya, like mother like daughter..... these girls have learned this behavior from their crazy parent, sad...
                Ummm you don't know what the hell you are talking about! That player does not mouth off and has never gotten a card for mouthing off. With the exception of a new player to the team this year no Mercury player has ever received a Direct Red card or even 2 yellows in the same game. I believe that in four years the players on that team have been together they have received only 6 yellow cards TOTAL and that is saying a lot for a State Cup Champion team who played in the NW Champions league and travels to CA & NV to get better competition!

Comment

Parents on the team are crazy, yes, but now the players are coming together. They have gone from close to dead last in Spring and the brink of irrelevance to a State Cup final. They may not be everyone's favorite group, but looking at it objectively, the girls deserve tons of credit. They can be a little obnoxious, but they are tough-minded, compete, and prevail.

So congratulations girls! Now try to be better parents to your mothers and fathers. Consider taking away their iPods or suspending their FaceBook accounts until they demonstrate that they can behave responsibly.

Comment

Parents on the team are crazy, yes, but now the players are coming together. They have gone from close to dead last in Spring and the brink of irrelevance to a State Cup final. They may not be everyone's favorite group, but looking at it objectively, the girls deserve tons of credit. They can be a little obnoxious, but they are tough-minded, compete, and prevail.

So congratulations girls! Now try to be better parents to your mothers and fathers. Consider taking away their iPods or suspending their FaceBook accounts until they demonstrate that they can behave responsibly.
                    Hahaha, that is funny, thank you :)

Comment

Ummm you don't know what the hell you are talking about! That player does not mouth off and has never gotten a card for mouthing off. With the exception of a new player to the team this year no Mercury player has ever received a Direct Red card or even 2 yellows in the same game. I believe that in four years the players on that team have been together they have received only 6 yellow cards TOTAL and that is saying a lot for a State Cup Champion team who played in the NW Champions league and travels to CA & NV to get better competition!
                      Why is that saying alot for a team with a good record? That should be the expectation for every team no matter what they win or where they play. Why would you feel the need to include a team bio in your statement??

Comment

Why is that saying alot for a team with a good record? That should be the expectation for every team no matter what they win or where they play. Why would you feel the need to include a team bio in your statement??
                        My friends who have high level players in CA laugh their asses off at the standard to which Oregon parents like you expect competitive soccer players to behave.

Getting Yellow cards for aggressive play is a badge of honor for SoCal players and that is one of the reasons they kick most of the teams from the NW butt in tournaments. The reason that I said "that is saying a lot" is that this team is under sized and gets beat up regularly even here at home. The fact that they don't retaliate and get more cards is a credit to them.

Comment

My friends who have high level players in CA laugh their asses off at the standard to which Oregon parents like you expect competitive soccer players to behave.

Getting Yellow cards for aggressive play is a badge of honor for SoCal players and that is one of the reasons they kick most of the teams from the NW butt in tournaments. The reason that I said "that is saying a lot" is that this team is under sized and gets beat up regularly even here at home. The fact that they don't retaliate and get more cards is a credit to them.
                          No they aren't. And no they don't. They are one of the most aggressive teams in the league, with a couple of players whose reputation proceeds them as, how can I say this nicely, players who seem to be in a competition to earn your so-called "badge of honor".

Here's a little advice. Quit while you are ahead. The team is in the finals. They are doing great. You don;t need to prove anything to anyone. Just leave it alone.

Comment

No they aren't. And no they don't.

They are one of the most aggressive teams in the league, with a couple of players whose reputation proceeds them as, how can I say this nicely, players who seem to be in a competition to earn your so-called "badge of honor". And the team has some of the biggest, tallest, and strongest players around.

Here's a little advice. Quit while you are ahead. The team is in the finals. They deserve to be there. They are playing very well. You don't need to prove anything to anyone. Just leave it alone.

Comment

Gaff is leaving because he wants to coach the girls side of soccer. He is a hs boys coach and would like to coach hs girls. At THUSC he was the boys director of coaching and was not able to coach the girls team (except Ireland).

As far as MJ, this was his first year at THUSC. It's not like it has been going on for years without any action being taken.

Yes the Mercury parents are crazy but it's not fair to judge the entire club because of that.

Comment

Gaff is leaving because he wants to coach the girls side of soccer. He is a hs boys coach and would like to coach hs girls. At THUSC he was the boys director of coaching and was not able to coach the girls team (except Ireland).

As far as MJ, this was his first year at THUSC. It's not like it has been going on for years without any action being taken.

Yes the Mercury parents are crazy but it's not fair to judge the entire club because of that.
                                Not a THUSC person, but I agree with this.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X