Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I'm pretty sure in America if you can't play baseball you try to play soccer or lax. Then you use the excuse that baseball is boring. But we all know the real reason is your kid can't hit, throw, or field.

You can't hide on a baseball field. 0-4 with 3 K's and a error is a hard pill to swallow.
    Baseball is slowly fading away.

Comment

Football is next, leaving even more fat kids to choose from...

Comment

Lost track of original post which is so correct
        That playing baseball will slow you down and hurt top
        Soccer players, not gps select players

Comment

It's fading away because kids and parents are soft. Hitting a baseball is the hardest thing to do in sport.

Comment

It's fading away because kids and parents are soft. Hitting a baseball is the hardest thing to do in sport.
            Spare me. My kids make fun of baseball players. My middle son was a phenomenal baseball player but the pace of games bored him to tears.

Comment

This is the dumbest of all posts

Comment

AAU coaches were tripping over themselves trying to get my soccer playing son to play baseball. It was never going to happen.

Comment

Spare me. My kids make fun of baseball players. My middle son was a phenomenal baseball player but the pace of games bored him to tears.
                  I doubt that.

Comment

AAU coaches were tripping over themselves trying to get my soccer playing son to play baseball. It was never going to happen.
                    I'm sure they were. It's all about $$$ just like club soccer.

Comment

I doubt that.
                      That’s because you don’t want to believe it.

Comment

This thread is pointless. Everyone on TS with a son playing soccer is going to agree that baseball is kind of useless. If their kid actually still plays, it's just because they started in little league with friends and use it as a social outlet, while their real sport is soccer. The only people on TS that are going to argue that playing baseball has any value are the guys who used to play (maybe still play in one of those softball leagues), but are on TS because their daughters play soccer and they believe "soccer in the US is a girls' sport", as we've heard so many times. Nobody will win this argument, so just drop it.

Comment

This thread is pointless. Everyone on TS with a son playing soccer is going to agree that baseball is kind of useless. If their kid actually still plays, it's just because they started in little league with friends and use it as a social outlet, while their real sport is soccer. The only people on TS that are going to argue that playing baseball has any value are the guys who used to play (maybe still play in one of those softball leagues), but are on TS because their daughters play soccer and they believe "soccer in the US is a girls' sport", as we've heard so many times. Nobody will win this argument, so just drop it.
                          Yes, soccer is a girls sport.

Comment

Yes, soccer is a girls sport.
                            Dads of soccer-playing boys are thrilled Baseball is where it is.
                            Like a Redneck making fun of an immigrant

Comment

Baseball takes tons of practice and repetition just to be "adequate" as a player. We forget how much of our youths (mine anyway) were spent playing games that built baseball skills: We played catch, pickle, off the wall (or curb, or steps); we played home run derby and wiffle ball--endless wiffleball games--and stick ball and even kickball has a baserunning/field awareness component. We played pepper and "mounds-the-out" by the hour, never really thinking we were "practicing" baseball. Until we have that kind of intense--and un-witting--immersion by our kids in soccer-skill-building activities, we won't advance as a soccer nation. In the meantime, the kids have abandoned the "all day baseball" stuff in favor of the screens. Drop-off and Pick-up at soccer practice in the minivan will do nothing other than fund more pay-to-play and the paper thin commitment to soccer that it has brought us.

Comment

Baseball takes tons of practice and repetition just to be "adequate" as a player. We forget how much of our youths (mine anyway) were spent playing games that built baseball skills: We played catch, pickle, off the wall (or curb, or steps); we played home run derby and wiffle ball--endless wiffleball games--and stick ball and even kickball has a baserunning/field awareness component. We played pepper and "mounds-the-out" by the hour, never really thinking we were "practicing" baseball. Until we have that kind of intense--and un-witting--immersion by our kids in soccer-skill-building activities, we won't advance as a soccer nation. In the meantime, the kids have abandoned the "all day baseball" stuff in favor of the screens. Drop-off and Pick-up at soccer practice in the minivan will do nothing other than fund more pay-to-play and the paper thin commitment to soccer that it has brought us.
                                Time to get a mango tree and juggle the mangoes like Pele in that biopic. USSF should ban the use of cleats, and make every kid construct his own ball from old laundry.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X