Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pioneer Valley Soccer

Has anyone in the western part of the state heard anything about the future of PVJSL? There seemed to be a lot less teams in the league this year now that Roots was up and running. Are Roots towns coming back to PVJSL, are more PVJSL leaving for Roots, is everything going to be the same in the fall?

PVJSL is nearing the end. Things are real bad there.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      PVJSL is nearing the end. Things are real bad there.
      Are towns still involved with the league returning or leaving to go to another one?

Comment

Are towns still involved with the league returning or leaving to go to another one?
        Sounds like a few towns that were in both are switching to just Roots Soccer League(RSL) for the fall. Wilbraham may be considering the switch, which would be the final death nail for PVJSL. I have heard that PVJSL may finally be getting their act together, but it's too little too late. I don't think anything can save PVJSL at this point.

Comment

Sounds like a few towns that were in both are switching to just Roots Soccer League(RSL) for the fall. Wilbraham may be considering the switch, which would be the final death nail for PVJSL. I have heard that PVJSL may finally be getting their act together, but it's too little too late. I don't think anything can save PVJSL at this point.
          So if wilbraham goes that means towns like Amherst, Ludlow, belchertown and longmeadow would likely all follow suit.

Comment

Towns have a say in the making of decisions and direction of Roots, which they haven't had in PVJSL for over 15 years. I had to deal with Lou(PVJSL) and would never go back to that! Roots also has a more development focus on the younger aged teams. Forcing the younger teams to learn to play out of the backfield using the "build-out" lines and such. i.e. the goalie cannot just boot the ball up the field, but pass it to a player in the backfield and have them build the play from there.

Comment

So if wilbraham goes that means towns like Amherst, Ludlow, belchertown and longmeadow would likely all follow suit.
              I heard Amherst is one of the ones in both that is switching to just RSL. Longmeadow is mostly in RSL right now as well. PVJSL is basically Ludlow, so they will be the last to switch.

Comment

I heard Amherst is one of the ones in both that is switching to just RSL. Longmeadow is mostly in RSL right now as well. PVJSL is basically Ludlow, so they will be the last to switch.
                So we are talking about a town soccer league going bye bye. No more.

Comment

So we are talking about a town soccer league going bye bye. No more.
                  Yes, a slow death as all the towns switch to a competing town travel league, in the same area. Will take a couple years, but is inevitable at this point.

Comment

Amherst already in Roots. You got town a and b teams playing each other. 4-5 teams in some age groups. Things aren’t looking good for PV.

Comment

Ludlow is talking about moving all their team to nsl(maple). Their top teams might compete, but would be a waste of money for their b and c teams. But it is Ludlow and they like to spend money on soccer!

Comment

Ludlow is talking about moving all their team to nsl(maple). Their top teams might compete, but would be a waste of money for their b and c teams. But it is Ludlow and they like to spend money on soccer!
                        Not this poster but I’ve heard the same thing that Ludlow is planning on moving their teams to a new league, whether that’s NSL or EDP.

Comment

I highly doubt that’s true. Some people don’t like spending money on soccer and traveling all over. PVJSL is one foot in the grave. They will not be able to operate with just a few organizations remaining. Ludlow will not make the move to Roots.

Comment

I highly doubt that’s true. Some people don’t like spending money on soccer and traveling all over. PVJSL is one foot in the grave. They will not be able to operate with just a few organizations remaining. Ludlow will not make the move to Roots.
                            So what's the alternative?

Comment

You contradict yourself here saying that Ludlow won’t make the move to Roots yet they are also not willing to spend the money to do something like an NSL. If more towns leave to Roots, which is a real possibility based off what is being floated out there, Ludlow will have no choice but to do something. Amherst and a couple other organizations are definitely leaving PVJSL leaving only Ludlow belchertown wilbraham and one or two more towns. Something will have to be done otherwise each team will play two teams 6 times.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X