Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NPL teams

So I am just curious. Please, no attacking. It's just a question. Since clubs can only have one team in npl, how does that work if they have more than 1 equally strong team? Can they have 1 in Npl in nep and 1 in northeast npl? Can they apply for ecnl license? I know there's an npl b but that's really not equal. For instance, Nefc 03 girls. The npl and west teams are both strong. And then you have another nefc team right on their heels. Could one be in each npl and the 3rd be in npl b. And smaller clubs like sss and bayside. They have large rosters in each age group on their 04, 03, and 02 age groups and mostly strong teams. Do they just not take new players? I guess stars got around this by having 2 ecnl teams but why doesn't this seem to work for other clubs?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So I am just curious. Please, no attacking. It's just a question. Since clubs can only have one team in npl, how does that work if they have more than 1 equally strong team? Can they have 1 in Npl in nep and 1 in northeast npl? Can they apply for ecnl license? I know there's an npl b but that's really not equal. For instance, Nefc 03 girls. The npl and west teams are both strong. And then you have another nefc team right on their heels. Could one be in each npl and the 3rd be in npl b. And smaller clubs like sss and bayside. They have large rosters in each age group on their 04, 03, and 02 age groups and mostly strong teams. Do they just not take new players? I guess stars got around this by having 2 ecnl teams but why doesn't this seem to work for other clubs?
    Which NPL are you talking about specifically? Northeast NPL is only one team per club. NEP NPL A is also only one team per club, and those are the license holders. Any NPL B is promotion and relegation based through the NEP, and there can be as many teams from a club that earn it. And Bayside’s G04 team is NOT strong, so probaby pretty easy to make that roster if you are halfway decent.

Comment

Ideally the regional teams should be the feeder teams for the NPL teams but you do have instances where the regional team may be stronger than the actual NPL team. This may be because the stronger players are happy with their current team and are already receiving good coaching so there’s no need to move up.
      As the other poster stated, in NEP NPL there is only one NPL A club team in the group. There can be multiple NPL B teams from the same club. I know NEFC 04’s have 2 NPL teams in the B division and at least one is stronger than most of the NPL A teams including Bayside.

Comment

I can’t think of a reason why you couldn’t have a team in New England NPL and Northeast NPL. Stars have done it - in the B league. Sort of stupid to do as there’s not enough difference between them so you saddle one team to travel and one not as much.

Even NPL A & B I’ve seen GPS do it. A team is better

As for getting into ECNL that’s not happening soon. Tough getting into that ole boys network.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
          I can’t think of a reason why you couldn’t have a team in New England NPL and Northeast NPL. Stars have done it - in the B league. Sort of stupid to do as there’s not enough difference between them so you saddle one team to travel and one not as much.

Even NPL A & B I’ve seen GPS do it. A team is better

As for getting into ECNL that’s not happening soon. Tough getting into that ole boys network.
          Maybe try for GDA. Expanding a lot.

Comment

Northeast NPL is only for ECNL clubs, but they do allow more than one team per club in an age group. That won't help NEFC, though.

Comment

Northeast NPL is only for ECNL clubs, but they do allow more than one team per club in an age group. That won't help NEFC, though.
              I team/club in northeast NPL.

Comment

I team/club in northeast NPL.
                PDA has 2 teams in most, if not all, Northeast Girls NPL age groups.

Comment

PDA has 2 teams in most, if not all, Northeast Girls NPL age groups.
                  I see that. A north and south team. No other club does and certainly no club based in MA. Every other club in northeast NPL has one team after very ulittle. But you knew that. Just wanted to mislead others.

Comment

I see that. A north and south team. No other club does and certainly no club based in MA. Every other club in northeast NPL has one team after very ulittle. But you knew that. Just wanted to mislead others.
                    Not trying to mislead anyone. Someone stated that Northeast NPL was one team per club (maybe you?) The fact is that PDA has 2 teams in most age groups. Do you know for sure that other clubs have asked to enter a 2nd team and been turned down?

Comment

Not trying to mislead anyone. Someone stated that Northeast NPL was one team per club (maybe you?) The fact is that PDA has 2 teams in most age groups. Do you know for sure that other clubs have asked to enter a 2nd team and been turned down?
                      Pretty sure PDA South acts as it’s own entity. Their top players don’t/cant move up to Ecnl, from what I’ve been told.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X