New life to ODP?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking at some age groups, take out Stars and the rest of the Northeast NPL is anjoke. They pounded teams.

At least the New England NPL is a bit more balanced.

Stars are still the top team overall (which we will see soon I guess)

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Looking at some age groups, take out Stars and the rest of the Northeast NPL is anjoke. They pounded teams.

At least the New England NPL is a bit more balanced.

Stars are still the top team overall (which we will see soon I guess)
      Northeast NPL teams are on a whole MUCH weaker than NEP NPL. But both are NPL leagues. Anyone who says anything differently is partaking in a marketing campaign on behalf of their employer or their daughters club.

Comment

Truly lack understanding. Got it.

You keep insisting that I am speaking of talent level. Nope, buddy. First to admit my D's team isn't killing it. You also seem to miss the point that most of us involved don't have any desire to chase GDA or ECNL patches. Leave that to those big superstars who are really going places. All the way to those D1 benches at Big No Name U so they can pay full price for a comm degree. Way out of my little Mia's league for sure!

Just correcting your incorrect statement about leagues. My D could be on the last place team in NE NPL and she could ride the bench. It doesn't change the fact that it's an NPL team and what league hosts it has zero to do with it.

You keep on insulting my 14 year old who just wants to play soccer and let the rest of us have an actual conversation, mkay?

Dude, you’re confused... I’m not insulting anyone. The fact is, I responded back to a comment which said “The division has become a joke”. To me, that would be a bit insulting to those in that league (hence my snarky Mia comment). We are probably more aligned in our views... Carry on...

Comment

Northeast NPL teams are on a whole MUCH weaker than NEP NPL. But both are NPL leagues. Anyone who says anything differently is partaking in a marketing campaign on behalf of their employer or their daughters club.
          Nope. Take out South Shore Select and NEFC/BBA every other NEP NPL team can’t compete with Northeast NPL teams. Seacoast? GPS MA State? SSS and NEFC often play Stars and Scorpions NPL and ECNL teams in local tournaments and really only SSS can compete. So you are hanging your hat on one team in that division being very good. That’s not “on the whole”.

Comment

Dude, you’re confused... I’m not insulting anyone. The fact is, I responded back to a comment which said “The division has become a joke”. To me, that would be a bit insulting to those in that league (hence my snarky Mia comment). We are probably more aligned in our views... Carry on...
            My bad. I thought you were the "NE NPL is fake" guy. Sorry!

Comment

Nope. Take out South Shore Select and NEFC/BBA every other NEP NPL team can’t compete with Northeast NPL teams. Seacoast? GPS MA State? SSS and NEFC often play Stars and Scorpions NPL and ECNL teams in local tournaments and really only SSS can compete. So you are hanging your hat on one team in that division being very good. That’s not “on the whole”.
              The last place team in my daughter's New England NPL age group beat the Scorpions Northeast NPL team this spring. The last place team has won 0 games in New England NPL this spring. So there is that.

Comment

Also not true. There are other New England NPL teams who have tied or beaten Scorpion ECNL teams this year.

I believe the 05 Scorpions ECNL team just won a state cup game over the 05 SSS team tonight. They won by one goal. NEFC and SSS tied this spring.Doesn't sound like these NPL teams are getting crushed by ECNL, let alone Northeast NPL.

Comment

Also not true. There are other New England NPL teams who have tied or beaten Scorpion ECNL teams this year.

I believe the 05 Scorpions ECNL team just won a state cup game over the 05 SSS team tonight. They won by one goal. NEFC and SSS tied this spring.Doesn't sound like these NPL teams are getting crushed by ECNL, let alone Northeast NPL.
                  Actually it sounds like these teams should all play in the same league against each other. Plenty of good local teams to provide competition.

Comment

2017-18
                    05 Stars & Scorps NPL vs NEP NPL teams: 2W-2L-0D
                    04 Stars & Scorps NPL vs NEP NPL teams: 3W-4L-2D
                    03 Stars & Scorps NPL vs NEP NPL teams: 2W-5L-0D
                    02 Stars & Scorps NPL vs NEP NPL teams: 0W-11L-2D
                    01 Stars & Scorps NPL vs NEP NPL teams: 5W-2L-3D
                    00/99 Stars & Scorps NPL vs NEP NPL teams: 1W-7L-0D

So the only local Northeast NPL teams have a winning record in ONE age group in head to head match ups against NEP/NPL teams this year. Tell me again how Northeast NPL is stronger?

Comment

2017-18
                      05 Stars & Scorps NPL vs NEP NPL teams: 2W-2L-0D
                      04 Stars & Scorps NPL vs NEP NPL teams: 3W-4L-2D
                      03 Stars & Scorps NPL vs NEP NPL teams: 2W-5L-0D
                      02 Stars & Scorps NPL vs NEP NPL teams: 0W-11L-2D
                      01 Stars & Scorps NPL vs NEP NPL teams: 5W-2L-3D
                      00/99 Stars & Scorps NPL vs NEP NPL teams: 1W-7L-0D

So the only local Northeast NPL teams have a winning record in ONE age group in head to head match ups against NEP/NPL teams this year. Tell me again how Northeast NPL is stronger?
                      And my favorite part of these stats as those 02 Stars/Scorps that are winless against NEP NPL are 2nd & 3rd in Northeast NPL. Stars are actually undefeated there. Very telling about the strength of that Northeast NPL League.

Comment

Always give SSS and NEFC a game in most divisions

Stars were beating teams 10-0. Head-to-head these teams lost to New England NOL teams

No doubt SSS and NEFC lead the way but mostly the games were reasonable

Comment

Actually it sounds like these teams should all play in the same league against each other. Plenty of good local teams to provide competition.
                          Yes it makes sense of course, but it won't ever happen. The money train left the station a long time ago. Leagues and clubs are all battling over the same pie, taking smaller and smaller slices. It's better for clubs to avoid playing each other so that parents can't see how good/bad/equal they all are. If families see the truth, they might leave their current clubs. That's bad for business. Also, with all these "top" leagues parents have something to brag about and everyone gets a medal. Yippee!

Comment

And my favorite part of these stats as those 02 Stars/Scorps that are winless against NEP NPL are 2nd & 3rd in Northeast NPL. Stars are actually undefeated there. Very telling about the strength of that Northeast NPL League.

You can’t compare Stars and Scorpions ECNL and you can’t conpare SSS to any other team in the NE NPL. And Seacoast can’t compare to SSS or any ECNL teams.
                            On the whole Northeast NPL is stronger. It’s easy to filter stats on anything.
                            Keep telling yourself Seacoast can compete with Stars ECNL or SSS or NEFC NPL. They have never come close.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X