Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New life to ODP?

I have heard that ODP isn't worth much unless you make a regional team.

With this Seacoast GDA announcement, I am hearing many families aren't interested in making the jump from NPL to GDA. One expressed to me that they're not driving down to MA for NPL so they may head back to NEP but worry that their D, who is a strong player and also a strong student may lose any chance at college exposure. She's hoping to play for a D3 school with good academics.

If these kids find themselves back at NEP, might it be worth the time to have another look at ODP? Might it provide exposure that they won't get otherwise?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I have heard that ODP isn't worth much unless you make a regional team.

With this Seacoast GDA announcement, I am hearing many families aren't interested in making the jump from NPL to GDA. One expressed to me that they're not driving down to MA for NPL so they may head back to NEP but worry that their D, who is a strong player and also a strong student may lose any chance at college exposure. She's hoping to play for a D3 school with good academics.

If these kids find themselves back at NEP, might it be worth the time to have another look at ODP? Might it provide exposure that they won't get otherwise?
    Can someone explain NPL League to me? Where are the schedules/standings for girls? You are saying that they would go back to NEP, but I see Seacoast NPL teams in NEP already (NPL Division), so is there a different NPL League (ie higher)?

Comment

Can someone explain NPL League to me? Where are the schedules/standings for girls? You are saying that they would go back to NEP, but I see Seacoast NPL teams in NEP already (NPL Division), so is there a different NPL League (ie higher)?
      NEP runs the New England NPL. Those in NPL A hold a license for NPL (Seacoast), those in NPL B were promoted from NEP premiership.

If all the Seacoast NPL teams cease to exist, the top level team will go to GDA while the 2nd level will play in NEP divisions (premiership, championship). Not NPL.

Comment

Before this year, the girls New England NPL standings/schedule were kept separate from the NEP (Premiership/Championship/League 1 divisions) This year they combined them into one place, but they are still separate in that the NPL division is the top pinnacle of the NEP now, but the NPL A bracket is for original club license holders, while the NPL B bracket is part of the promo/relegation pyramid of NEP with top Premiership teams able to be promoted in, and bottom NPL B bracket teams being relegated back down to Premiership. NPL A Bracket is where Seacoast NPL was placed as an original NPL license holding club.

Comment

NEP runs the New England NPL. Those in NPL A hold a license for NPL (Seacoast), those in NPL B were promoted from NEP premiership.

If all the Seacoast NPL teams cease to exist, the top level team will go to GDA while the 2nd level will play in NEP divisions (premiership, championship). Not NPL.
          Ok, thank you. I have younger kids so I wasn’t sure how that works. I was stuck on “back to NEP” when I was seeing them on the NEP website. Didn’t mean to hijack your thread.

Comment

Yes there is Northeast NPL. These teams are the second realm to clubs with ECnL teams and it’s a much stronger league than Nee England NEP NPL.

Comment

Before this year, the girls New England NPL standings/schedule were kept separate from the NEP (Premiership/Championship/League 1 divisions) This year they combined them into one place, but they are still separate in that the NPL division is the top pinnacle of the NEP now, but the NPL A bracket is for original club license holders, while the NPL B bracket is part of the promo/relegation pyramid of NEP with top Premiership teams able to be promoted in, and bottom NPL B bracket teams being relegated back down to Premiership. NPL A Bracket is where Seacoast NPL was placed as an original NPL license holding club.
              Kind of. Northeast NPL is the “real” NPL which competes in National NPL standings. New England NPL is just the new highest premiership of NEP - still NEP but with fancier letters.

Comment

Kind of. Northeast NPL is the “real” NPL which competes in National NPL standings. New England NPL is just the new highest premiership of NEP - still NEP but with fancier letters.
                Huh? Um, no. NE NPL teams go to the NPL championship. NE NPL is "real" NPL. All NPLs, including New England and Northeast, send their champion to NPL championship. Neither league is more "real" than the other!

Comment

http://www.nationalpremierleagues.com/standings

Both New England and Northeast are NPL leagues. Previous poster is entirely wrong.

Comment

http://www.nationalpremierleagues.com/standings

Both New England and Northeast are NPL leagues. Previous poster is entirely wrong.
                    Where’s the spring New England NPL? Oh it’s on the NEP site. GPS NH? Yankee? Aztecs? Seacoast? These “NPL” teams are NEP level in talent.

Comment

Where’s the spring New England NPL? Oh it’s on the NEP site. GPS NH? Yankee? Aztecs? Seacoast? These “NPL” teams are NEP level in talent.
                      The division has become a joke.

Comment

Trump

I'm not discussing talent level. I'm responding to the incorrect statement that NE NPL is not actually NPL. They are. NEP runs the NPL division but they are every bit as much NPL as Northeast. Same road to championship. I can't tell if you're purposely being obtuse or truly lack understanding of how NPL works. It doesn't matter which site maintains the schedule. They're part of NPL.

Comment

You also don't seem to understand the difference in A and B. You should probably educate yourself before running your mouth.

Comment

The division has become a joke.
                            What team does your little Mia play on?

Comment

What team does your little Mia play on?
                              Truly lack understanding. Got it.

You keep insisting that I am speaking of talent level. Nope, buddy. First to admit my D's team isn't killing it. You also seem to miss the point that most of us involved don't have any desire to chase GDA or ECNL patches. Leave that to those big superstars who are really going places. All the way to those D1 benches at Big No Name U so they can pay full price for a comm degree. Way out of my little Mia's league for sure!

Just correcting your incorrect statement about leagues. My D could be on the last place team in NE NPL and she could ride the bench. It doesn't change the fact that it's an NPL team and what league hosts it has zero to do with it.

You keep on insulting my 14 year old who just wants to play soccer and let the rest of us have an actual conversation, mkay?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X