Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FC Stars West

Making a comeback. Who would’ve thought?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It’s really just FC Stars Worcester expanding to the western region.

Comment

Not expanding sign the contract find out u practice in Worcester .

Comment

They can’t do that.

Comment

They can’t do that.
          Well that's what it is

Comment

Absolutely can and will

Comment

Except for the fact that he practices will all be in western mass.

Comment

Except for the fact that he practices will all be in western mass.
                By western mass, do you mean somewhere between Worcester and Springfield?

Comment

So what happened to the former Stars West? A few coaches left and took entire teams with them elsewhere? Can someone just present some basic facts re the situation for the benefit of someone like me who does not know who might consider attending the new "West" team tryouts. And I am not a troll, just new to the west ma landscape and do not know the history. Thanks.

Comment

Just what the West needs another club. More bad teams more bad players in the NEP

Comment

From what I can tell its just the name of the other ECNL team.
                      Not sure if practice is in different place

Comment

Who is running the new program? Coaches ..

Comment

So what happened to the former Stars West? A few coaches left and took entire teams with them elsewhere? Can someone just present some basic facts re the situation for the benefit of someone like me who does not know who might consider attending the new "West" team tryouts. And I am not a troll, just new to the west ma landscape and do not know the history. Thanks.
                          Basic facts, going back 2 years
                          Stars decides to open a Western branch and takes on a full time director (who also coached many teams) and a few other coaches. First year was a bit light in terms of how many kids showed up for tryouts but by year two they were humming. Just about all of the best players in the West were wearing Stars gear. Stars central loves collecting the fees but offers nothing in terms of support. Director gets pulled in too many directions, decides he's had enough. NEFC sees an opportunity, sets up shop, and pulls about 90% of Stars west players to their club. The other 10% travel to Stars central, FSA, GPS, WUP.

Buyer beware.... the west was a strong program with solid players. In the end it was just a money grab for the machine, and they were unhappy when they lost 200-250 player fees! I'm sure this time around it will be no different.

Comment

Basic facts, going back 2 years
                            Stars decides to open a Western branch and takes on a full time director (who also coached many teams) and a few other coaches. First year was a bit light in terms of how many kids showed up for tryouts but by year two they were humming. Just about all of the best players in the West were wearing Stars gear. Stars central loves collecting the fees but offers nothing in terms of support. Director gets pulled in too many directions, decides he's had enough. NEFC sees an opportunity, sets up shop, and pulls about 90% of Stars west players to their club. The other 10% travel to Stars central, FSA, GPS, WUP.

Buyer beware.... the west was a strong program with solid players. In the end it was just a money grab for the machine, and they were unhappy when they lost 200-250 player fees! I'm sure this time around it will be no different.
                            Thanks for this! I did not realize it was only around 2 years as I thought the teams were kind of decent and figured the build up to fielding decent times would have taken a lot longer than that.

Comment

Thanks for this! I did not realize it was only around 2 years as I thought the teams were kind of decent and figured the build up to fielding decent times would have taken a lot longer than that.
                              It was around for longer than 2 years.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X