NEFC- North Shore

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So if you have a kid that is a higher level player, you either a) hope that the team does enough to play NPL B, or b) be willing to travel to Mendon from the north shore? Hmm...

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Well, yes and no. If the NS teams currently in NPL are doing well (not on bottom), then they will be NPL (B bracket) next season too. Same with any NEFC NS team atop of the NEP Premiership. They will get promoted into NPL (B bracket). If any of those teams finish atop the NPL B bracket, then they have an advantage over any bottom A bracket NPL team in that they are in position to when the NPL and move on to the national championships. But you are correct in that ANY team who is in that NPL B bracket, has the same opportunity.
      Case in point: Much more advantage being on 2001 NEFC NS team, which sits in first place of NPL B bracket, than on the 2001 Aztec NPL team sitting in last place of A bracket. That Aztec team may not be relegated, but it probably goes without saying that the NEFC team is “currently” the stronger team with much higher odds of winning the NPL league and moving on to NPL Nationals. Of course, that being said, if all things were close to equal (strength of team, coaching, ease of location, club stability, etc) it’s definitely better to be on an NPL team in A bracket, than one in B bracket.

Comment

Corrected typos
        I understood it correctly. And my point was correct. If another club on the northshore wanted to play in the NPL brackets they would first have to be in the premiership and then come in first and be moved up to NPL B bracket. So this is not something 'special' that just NEFC NS can do.

Comment

So if you have a kid that is a higher level player, you either a) hope that the team does enough to play NPL B, or b) be willing to travel to Mendon from the north shore? Hmm...
          Yes, but there are many very strong teams in that B bracket that are not going anywhere anytime soon. Families have to do some research to evaluate all the viable options and what works best for them. As the poster pointed out above, there are many bottom feeder teams in the A bracket that would still be bottom of the B bracket. They are just lucky they cannot be relegated out (although they should be!)

Comment

I understood it correctly. And my point was correct. If another club on the northshore wanted to play in the NPL brackets they would first have to be in the premiership and then come in first and be moved up to NPL B bracket. So this is not something 'special' that just NEFC NS can do.
            Correct.

However looking at their their teams standings, they do seem to have a few ready to move up next year, and some strong ones already in NPL. It’s one thing to say that the opportunity for any team to do, it’s another to actually do it. It appears that NEFC NS has the strength of teams in many ages to do so.

Comment

Case in point: Much more advantage being on 2001 NEFC NS team, which sits in first place of NPL B bracket, than on the 2001 Aztec NPL team sitting in last place of A bracket. That Aztec team may not be relegated, but it probably goes without saying that the NEFC team is “currently” the stronger team with much higher odds of winning the NPL league and moving on to NPL Nationals. Of course, that being said, if all things were close to equal (strength of team, coaching, ease of location, club stability, etc) it’s definitely better to be on an NPL team in A bracket, than one in B bracket.
              Agreed, but this comparison is a bit unfair. Majority of the 01 nefc ns team WAS the Aztec 00/01 team before the age split. The strong 01s left to Nefc, and the weak 01s stayed at aztec and they pieced together a team with the 01 B team. The 00s stayed at Aztec and merged with the older 00s which became a good team. The 00s at Nefc ns are a much weaker group.

Comment

Agreed, but this comparison is a bit unfair. Majority of the 01 nefc ns team WAS the Aztec 00/01 team before the age split. The strong 01s left to Nefc, and the weak 01s stayed at aztec and they pieced together a team with the 01 B team. The 00s stayed at Aztec and merged with the older 00s which became a good team. The 00s at Nefc ns are a much weaker group.
                Regardless of who came from where and when. The point stands that in the here & now, the 01 NEFC NS team is stronger than the 01 Aztec NPL team. Back story is not relevant to future decisions in this case.

Comment

The point is if you make the top Aztec team, you are playing in the A league.

If your team does well at NEFC NS you hope you make the B league. NEP is basically what Maple used to be now.

That's the point for teams and leagues.

The bigger focus is how good the player is. What is either club and that coach doing to make your son or daughter a better player? Are they putting their efforts to making your kid the very best player they can be? If your kid is happy? If so, they are in the right spot.

Comment

The point is if you make the top Aztec team, you are playing in the A league.

If your team does well at NEFC NS you hope you make the B league. NEP is basically what Maple used to be now.

That's the point for teams and leagues.

The bigger focus is how good the player is. What is either club and that coach doing to make your son or daughter a better player? Are they putting their efforts to making your kid the very best player they can be? If your kid is happy? If so, they are in the right spot.
                    agreed 100%. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and if your kid is valued by a college coach and your s/d is a fit for the school, that is all that matters. To say my s/d commited to a mediocre d-1 school because they played with the scorpions ecnl is rather comical or to say my s/d left Aztec to play with NEFC NS or Seacoast was the difference, please. My kid does very well academically and at the top of their class, is being actively recruited by very good schools with the potential of some very lucrative financial grants really says it all. I ask that you talk to a college coach who has been at a school for 5 plus years about what they think of a club coach who gets paid 2000 grand to coach a team. Ask yourself why club coaches bounce all over the place? I have seen this with one of my kids and the same holds true for the next...

Comment

agreed 100%. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and if your kid is valued by a college coach and your s/d is a fit for the school, that is all that matters. To say my s/d commited to a mediocre d-1 school because they played with the scorpions ecnl is rather comical or to say my s/d left Aztec to play with NEFC NS or Seacoast was the difference, please. My kid does very well academically and at the top of their class, is being actively recruited by very good schools with the potential of some very lucrative financial grants really says it all. I ask that you talk to a college coach who has been at a school for 5 plus years about what they think of a club coach who gets paid 2000 grand to coach a team. Ask yourself why club coaches bounce all over the place? I have seen this with one of my kids and the same holds true for the next...
                      who gets paid 2000 grand?

Comment

No advantage when your D sits on bench.

Comment

This is not true, the current 01s left when they were U13s and only at Aztec for the fall season, half the current 02s and 01s played together until the split which was just last year, all the 01s and 02s on that original aztec team left together, no one stayed behind.

Comment

This is not true, the current 01s left when they were U13s and only at Aztec for the fall season, half the current 02s and 01s played together until the split which was just last year, all the 01s and 02s on that original aztec team left together, no one stayed behind.
                            Who is running NEFC North? Why don't they merge with Aztecs?

Comment

Have these guys at NEFC NS heard the ice cracking under their feet yet?

Comment

Have these guys at NEFC NS heard the ice cracking under their feet yet?
                                Ice Cracking? Their numbers have been growing the last 2 years and looks like they will continue to grow. And for the idiots who chase the program that carries a license to play NPL, it is all about coaching and development. You child trains 2-3 times per week to play a 1+hr game on the weekend. If your kid is one that does not get subbed out, they still get 4 (or more)times the touches at practice than in a game.

The NEFC NS kids play in NPL because they have developed and are good enough. the 01 NPL B team has competed against many of the NPL A teams and have beaten of played to 1 goal losses against top NPL teams. So don't get wrapped up in the license crap, its all about coaching.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X