Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I'd give my right-nut to be able to play the way the kids today can. Sure, I have a love of the game and will until I die. And, I make do with what I had. The game is changed; the world has changed. I don't drive around in a '66 Pontiac. I don't have my old wooden skis (but do free-heel). Everything has changed, and mostly for the better.

Sure, just about anyone can make a telephone. Not everyone can make an iPhone. It takes skill and expertise.

The end game is to be the best one can, to push their abilities up to, and beyond, what should be asked of them. I know better enough that takes skill to teach it.
    Soccer is played the same way since inception-put the ball in their goal and keep it out of yours. Skill and expertise were still necessary. Watch Lfc from the 70-80’s.
    Athleticism is definitely better, but mainly due to training regimens, as is the case in all sports

Are we better off with iphones??

And the reason your kids are better is that they can now watch the game regularly, or should be, which was not available in our dinosaur age

Comment

Soccer is played the same way since inception-put the ball in their goal and keep it out of yours. Skill and expertise were still necessary. Watch Lfc from the 70-80’s.
      Athleticism is definitely better, but mainly due to training regimens, as is the case in all sports

Are we better off with iphones??

And the reason your kids are better is that they can now watch the game regularly, or should be, which was not available in our dinosaur age
      We had games on every Saturday morning growing up. I grew up watching England (big Aston Villa and Newcastle fans then) and in Germany. Not as much, but we watched every time we could.

Yes, watching it helps, but without a structure you don't know what you are watching.

You think a guy like Vinnie Jones could play today? No chance. It's the same in any sport. Speed and athleticism have increased, which means speed of thought needs to increase. And, as a result, the skill to complete all those tasks need to increase as well.

Comment

We had games on every Saturday morning growing up. I grew up watching England (big Aston Villa and Newcastle fans then) and in Germany. Not as much, but we watched every time we could.

Yes, watching it helps, but without a structure you don't know what you are watching.

You think a guy like Vinnie Jones could play today? No chance. It's the same in any sport. Speed and athleticism have increased, which means speed of thought needs to increase. And, as a result, the skill to complete all those tasks need to increase as well.
        No, but he makes a great coach😙😙
        And Ramos is the new jones, he’s just a lot better

Comment

New season, same as the old season:

A. NEFC NPL & South Shore

B. Spirit of Liverpool & CFC

C. FCUSA, GPS & NEFC Central

D. Liverpool Academy, Oakwood & Bayside

Check back in with me in November.

Comment

Could you imagine caring enough to actually follow through with that?

Comment

Oakwood will be top 3.

Comment

Oakwood will be top 3.
                This Oakwood team is very weak. They will be at the bottom of the standings this fall against some very strong teams.

https://www.ccsoccerleague.com/html/...SL+SPRING+2018

Comment

Oakwood will be top 3.

Top three in group A or D?

Comment

Any notable defections, transfers, dirty deals or backstabbing prior to season?

Comment

All of the above. Scroll back a few pages and you can read about all the Spirit of Liverpool drama with a bunch of kids defecting to FC Stars.

And now we have to add these lovely CT teams into the mix.

Comment

I’m looking to have my daughter tryout for either Stars, Scorpions, or NEFC. Don’t care about wins and losses, only if the coach is going to develop my daughter. Her needs aren’t being met where she is currently, not being challenged, Coach is not good. Can anyone provide any insight on any of the coaches for the three teams mentioned? We are in between Central Massachusetts and South Shore.

Comment

I’m looking to have my daughter tryout for either Stars, Scorpions, or NEFC. Don’t care about wins and losses, only if the coach is going to develop my daughter. Her needs aren’t being met where she is currently, not being challenged, Coach is not good. Can anyone provide any insight on any of the coaches for the three teams mentioned? We are in between Central Massachusetts and South Shore.
                          Your best bet is go directly to the clubs, ask to attend some practices and see for yourself. Not only is information on TS unreliable, a coach that works well for some players may not be a good fit for yours.

Comment

GB- people either love him or hate him. Go see for yourself.

Comment

NEFC SS practices at Union Point in Weymouth. Tues, Thurs and Fri. My daughter loves her coach but as said above, only seeing for yourself what will work.

Comment

My prediction for the MA teams in Stars weekend;

NEFC winners of top bracket
                                SSS second in group to NEFC
                                Stars NPL second in group
                                Stars Metro West to not win a game
                                Atzec second in group
                                Scorpions Pre ENCL to win 1 game
                                GPS Red to lose to STA in final

SPOL have gone to GPS tournament to play second and third tier teams. Yawn. They will steam roll it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X