Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not enough tried out for Thorns to post U15/U17 selections???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Do you realize most oregon girls are going to the same types of colleges regardless of club choice and title ix is the cause not the club or league.

Sorry you fell for the expensive b.s.

You could of saves thousands and still ended up at the same college.
    Sorry your kid isn’t playing D1 with an awesome scholarship, and ecnl isn’t as expensive as some on here have claimed. Quit propagating your agenda. How many Oregon girls make it to D1 locally/annually? Very few. Which clubs expose their players to give them D1 opportunities nationally. That’s right you moron. Pretty much just ecnl.

What other ancient advice do you have to share?

Comment

FC Portland ECNL 2001 is the real deal. Finished in 4th place in OYSA Premier. Has never got a win in a big game. But still the 4th place finish is a big accomplishment.
      That is pretty good for that team. I did see them beat an OYSA B team team and it was so impressive that team moms were dancing and then cheered. Sneered at the opposing players. It was a B team. So exciting.

FC Portland ECNL 2001 would probably still be top 6 if they played in OYSA Premier this year.

Comment

Sorry your kid isn’t playing D1 with an awesome scholarship, and ecnl isn’t as expensive as some on here have claimed. Quit propagating your agenda. How many Oregon girls make it to D1 locally/annually? Very few. Which clubs expose their players to give them D1 opportunities nationally. That’s right you moron. Pretty much just ecnl.

What other ancient advice do you have to share?
        Oregon has no girls playing at any relevant D1 schools. Top 20 for instance.

US club league travel expenses are only substantial and quite atrocious if you live in remote areas of the US, like the pacific NW.

Getting monies for books or preferred walk on status is your own brand of awesome.

BTW, college coaches find players and they dont care what league or club they 'pay' to play for, something even morons know.

Comment

That is pretty good for that team. I did see them beat an OYSA B team team and it was so impressive that team moms were dancing and then cheered. Sneered at the opposing players. It was a B team. So exciting.

FC Portland ECNL 2001 would probably still be top 6 if they played in OYSA Premier this year.
          Ancient information and you look rather silly posting as if this is relevant. Succesful Oregon coaches have current facts to work with. Hanging on to that win 4+ years ago is worthless.

Pathetic. Keep up coach!

Comment

Oregon has no girls playing at any relevant D1 schools. Top 20 for instance.

US club league travel expenses are only substantial and quite atrocious if you live in remote areas of the US, like the pacific NW.

Getting monies for books or preferred walk on status is your own brand of awesome.

BTW, college coaches find players and they dont care what league or club they 'pay' to play for, something even morons know.
            Oh i see. So all D1 schools should just fold because not all D1 schools are the best. Good god. Oregon ranks bottom as far as youth soccer but somehow we should expect our girls to make it to the top D1 schools? Bwahahaaa. Sounds like someone with an agenda or someone who is jealous they have no D1 numbers to boast about for their team. My kid is getting the degree she wants, playing D1 college ball and has a great scholarship. Thanks ECNL!!

Comment

Oh i see. So all D1 schools should just fold because not all D1 schools are the best. Good god. Oregon ranks bottom as far as youth soccer but somehow we should expect our girls to make it to the top D1 schools? Bwahahaaa. Sounds like someone with an agenda or someone who is jealous they have no D1 numbers to boast about for their team. My kid is getting the degree she wants, playing D1 college ball and has a great scholarship. Thanks ECNL!!
              Gone are the days of Oregon Girls being recruited by top colleges.

I thank a US club league every day for being available for kids that don't make it in the DA.

I also thank Title IX and College Football.

I don't give props to my club or club coach . I do love my HS coach and teammates...I think that's the current script.

Comment

Girls that don't even play club soccer make it at D1 schools. Title ix has created so many programs they can't even fill rosters due to lack of interest.

Truth stranger than fiction.

AWESOME!

Comment

Girls that don't even play club soccer make it at D1 schools. Title ix has created so many programs they can't even fill rosters due to lack of interest.

Truth stranger than fiction.

AWESOME!
                  It’s rare for Oregon girls to make it to D1 soccer locally. Do the math.The only clubs getting girls to D1 soccer nationally are, who? hich clubs are those? Keep up coach! Title x blah blah.

Comment

there are hundreds of girls playing club soccer and hundreds more playing high school soccer. Look at just the Oregon D1 soccer rosters for just one high school graduating class. How many make it. Usually no more than 7-8. Which clubs are best at getting national exposure for their players? It’s really not rocket science. The only one who hates that fact is the title eff idiot.

Keep posting those ancient junior high results you moron.

Comment

Gda now a lot more expensive. I heard $4,000.00 per year?!? And ban on high school.
                      That might be reasons why they struggle to recruit?

If they could bring down the cost and let girls play high school that might help.

Comment

That might be reasons why they struggle to recruit? If they could bring down the cost and let girls play high school that might help.
                        Oregon girls continue struggle to be recruited to top colleges due to the local club 'market' dilution/saturation.

The model as constructed is the purest form of pay to play or pay to travel at a couple. Throw in playing for 2 or 3 mos. in the recreational HS leagues, it turns back the clock on needed development .

Alas, US Soccer & NWSl Thorns have a fully funded academy for girls to combat the miserable club structure and HS off roading.

Being talented enough to play for the Thorns Academy is a dream, but for those that make it's incredible platform to play against the best and go pro or a top college.

Comment

It’s rare for Oregon girls to make it to D1 soccer locally. Do the math.The only clubs getting girls to D1 soccer nationally are, who? hich clubs are those? Keep up coach! Title x blah blah.
                          D1 girls soccer programs need players to fill rosters, that's why even HS only players make teams, the sport has so many open roster spots due to title ix mandates.

No club, No problem is the motto these days.

Also its helpful if you can cover the entire cost of attendance.

Comment

Again I challenge you to post the age, tournament, and year. You can cherrypick all you want. But you seem to have a challenge posting those details. ECNL has 90 clubs and that's over 540 teams across 6 age groups. So while you may find a few cherrypicked results I guarantee you I will rebutt those with a valid response. But I am not going to waste my time or belabor my point any longer until you post the data. I get you may not want to hear it but ......

Comment

Oregon girls continue struggle to be recruited to top colleges due to the local club 'market' dilution/saturation.

The model as constructed is the purest form of pay to play or pay to travel at a couple. Throw in playing for 2 or 3 mos. in the recreational HS leagues, it turns back the clock on needed development .

Alas, US Soccer & NWSl Thorns have a fully funded academy for girls to combat the miserable club structure and HS off roading.

Being talented enough to play for the Thorns Academy is a dream, but for those that make it's incredible platform to play against the best and go pro or a top college.
                              You are joking right?

US Soccer does not fund the DA. Funding is done by the clubs and amount funded is decided by clubs. Some fund and some do not.

The Thorns do fund the academy, but it is far from fully funded. It is a big help for sure, but is not fully funded.

Sort of over the top on "Being talented enough to play of the Thorns Academy is a dream..."

Similar to ECNL, the DA is a great platform to get to the next level which in 99.9% of the cases is college soccer.

Comment

That might be reasons why they struggle to recruit?

If they could bring down the cost and let girls play high school that might help.
                                The cost is still less than ECNL.

The issue for GDA is girls want HS soccer.

The model for boys is different. Girls want to play high school soccer and go on to college. Although unlikely, boy's dream about going pro.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X