Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Florida Elite U18 only had six of its regular season players making the trip to Washington and the rest were additions mostly from other clubs. Shows no loyalty by their own u18 ecnl players to not follow through until the end championship and no loyalty by the club for going outside the club to find guest players.
    Ever think that the players chose not to go? Nah, it couldn't be that they were graduating, or leaving the club on their own or got cut and didn't want to play could it ?

Comment

Florida Elite U18 only had six of its regular season players making the trip to Washington and the rest were additions mostly from other clubs. Shows no loyalty by their own u18 ecnl players to not follow through until the end championship and no loyalty by the club for going outside the club to find guest players.
      I've never been a fan of the postseason for graduating seniors. Seriously, a player has already had graduation ceremonies for high school over a month ago and now they need to schlep across the country for a meaningless soccer event. Most graduates want to get on with their lives and move toward the next thing - college and getting ready for that. Most would like to be able to spend time with friends and having fun. When some get back from Seattle they will have less than 3 weeks before they need to head off to school and preseason soccer training. I can't blame kids for not wanting to go to Seattle and for wanting downtime, hanging with friends, going to concerts, family vacations, etc, prior to heading off to school. This has been an issue for graduates as long as club soccer has had a calendar that goes so far into the summer.

Comment

Ever think that the players chose not to go? Nah, it couldn't be that they were graduating, or leaving the club on their own or got cut and didn't want to play could it ?
        The cut off for roster additions was April 30 and the Washington players recently commited to playing for FESA U18.

Comment

Then ask for reinforcement from the junior filled FESA ECNL Composite team.

Comment

I've never been a fan of the postseason for graduating seniors. Seriously, a player has already had graduation ceremonies for high school over a month ago and now they need to schlep across the country for a meaningless soccer event. Most graduates want to get on with their lives and move toward the next thing - college and getting ready for that. Most would like to be able to spend time with friends and having fun. When some get back from Seattle they will have less than 3 weeks before they need to head off to school and preseason soccer training. I can't blame kids for not wanting to go to Seattle and for wanting downtime, hanging with friends, going to concerts, family vacations, etc, prior to heading off to school. This has been an issue for graduates as long as club soccer has had a calendar that goes so far into the summer.
            Imagine that - kids wanting something else in their lives other than soccer, soccer, soccer.

It's the clubs and the parents that push these late season events. I'm not sure why the parents do, though. I remember four years ago being in Seattle and I was actually glad that my kid's team tied the last game. If they had won it would have been a few more weeks of training and then a trip to Virginia for more meaningless postseason and more money being pissed down the drain.

Comment

Imagine that - kids wanting something else in their lives other than soccer, soccer, soccer.

It's the clubs and the parents that push these late season events. I'm not sure why the parents do, though. I remember four years ago being in Seattle and I was actually glad that my kid's team tied the last game. If they had won it would have been a few more weeks of training and then a trip to Virginia for more meaningless postseason and more money being pissed down the drain.
              It is the ECNL platform. Should US Club take out the 99/00 U18 division of the ECNL championships? Sept - Dec. 2000s are juniors too. Big Clubs like FESA with depth should have plenty of juniors and composite ecnl players to fill any gaps of seniors who do not want to finish out the club championship commitment.

Comment

It is the ECNL platform. Should US Club take out the 99/00 U18 division of the ECNL championships? Sept - Dec. 2000s are juniors too. Big Clubs like FESA with depth should have plenty of juniors and composite ecnl players to fill any gaps of seniors who do not want to finish out the club championship commitment.
                There are solutions for the ones who haven't graduated. I agree holes should be filled with current club players first but if that isn't possible the next ask is others joining the club next year. Players who are done shouldn't be expectedto play unless they want. It's a big expense, a big time suck, and an injury risk several weeks before college pre season starts.

Comment

There are solutions for the ones who haven't graduated. I agree holes should be filled with current club players first but if that isn't possible the next ask is others joining the club next year. Players who are done shouldn't be expectedto play unless they want. It's a big expense, a big time suck, and an injury risk several weeks before college pre season starts.
                  They should be expected to but understandable if they choose not to. The club should use and develop its own players within the club first. To not ask the ECNL Composite u18 team players shows how little FESA appreciates or wants to have a composite team.

Comment

All depends, my daughter's team of largely graduating seniors don't look at Nationals as the end of club - it's the beginning of college. Most girls report to their college of choice in about 3-weeks and if they are an impact player they want to compete for a spot as a freshman. Most of the girls on my daughters team are grinding right now and consider Seattle far from meaningless. Fortunately, our club views it the same way and continues to train this group 3 days a week after Seattle until they leave for college.

Comment

What happened to the TBU 03 team?
                      The results from the first two games is a bit surprising.

Comment

Better question what happened to MP Fesa 01 super team, they even got the the keeper choke on titter- CHOKE!!!!!!!!

Comment

All depends, my daughter's team of largely graduating seniors don't look at Nationals as the end of club - it's the beginning of college. Most girls report to their college of choice in about 3-weeks and if they are an impact player they want to compete for a spot as a freshman. Most of the girls on my daughters team are grinding right now and consider Seattle far from meaningless. Fortunately, our club views it the same way and continues to train this group 3 days a week after Seattle until they leave for college.
                          That is great!

Comment

What happened to the TBU 03 team?
                            The results from the first two games is a bit surprising.
                            Not really Surprising. Looks like AB gave up on the team again. Second year with mostly the same players and they had some success against a weakened Southeast Division but when they face teams from outside of the area they struggle.

Leaves a mess for the next coach to deal with.

Comment

Ecnl allows guest players? Wow , GDA doesn’t
                              They are not guest players. They had to have been added to the roster.

Comment

Not really Surprising. Looks like AB gave up on the team again. Second year with mostly the same players and they had some success against a weakened Southeast Division but when they face teams from outside of the area they struggle.

Leaves a mess for the next coach to deal with.
                                Who would’ve thought AB would give up on a team again?!?! I wonder when the last time he coached a team from August to June was. Any TBU honks got any insight on your supreme being?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X