Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Revolution Academy needs to make some changes.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I wrote a post a few back absolutely tearing the revs apart. Most notably about z h, former Academy player. But I have sad news for you. The revs Academy teams, any of them, would destroy any NPL team that you put in front of them. And they have plenty of players that are playing up a year and in some cases 2. So stop speaking out of total ignorance. I'm not a fan of what they do with players development wise, but don't kid yourself about how far back NPL and other teams are from the skill level at the Academy.
    ... there are exceptions as far as a player here and there that could possibly play for them but in general you're way out of your league.
    Don't kid yourself about the Revs. DA is an insular world and simply being in the league doesn't mean you're necessarily a top player. Nor does it guarantee your kid is getting quality coaching. Revs are proof positive of that.

With the changes now, in theory, DA teams have more flexibility to play non DA teams. But will they? Some might but many will probably shy away from it. Losing more than a few games to non DA teams show that DA is not a consistently competitive league, and more so it exposes weaknesses with any DA club that loses. Problem with the Revs is being an MLS club they risk even more if they lose to non DA teams. They're one of the weakest MLS clubs so how many other MLS clubs will want to waste an open weekend playing them?

Comment

Don't kid yourself about the Revs. DA is an insular world and simply being in the league doesn't mean you're necessarily a top player. Nor does it guarantee your kid is getting quality coaching. Revs are proof positive of that.

With the changes now, in theory, DA teams have more flexibility to play non DA teams. But will they? Some might but many will probably shy away from it. Losing more than a few games to non DA teams show that DA is not a consistently competitive league, and more so it exposes weaknesses with any DA club that loses. Problem with the Revs is being an MLS club they risk even more if they lose to non DA teams. They're one of the weakest MLS clubs so how many other MLS clubs will want to waste an open weekend playing them?
      The MLS clubs won’t waste their time playing lowly NPL teams

Comment

Yeah, that Revs dad doesn't think the game boxscores are there for everyone to see. I feel bad for him, the Revs amateur ragtag group of high school coaches are the poorest in the region among club soccer teams. It's also a turnstile of coaches, they keep coming and going making for a chaotic situation. (not that there's any established coaching philosophy anyway over there) Pick-up soccer Revs style. That's why the the 17's have been getting smoked all year. #scalesout
        Nope. I have no one on Revs or any of the teams I discussed. I will leave it to you to figure out why I attend these games. Again, Revs are far from a perfect organization, but the talent in general is much higher than NPL.

Comment

Lol, the Revs U17's played the '02 GPS NPL team last week. They did not "destroy" them buddy. They may have destroyed Fortnite when they got home though. You are so brainwashed by the Rajneeshi Scales. Too funny.
          hmm.. 3-0 sounds destroyed to me.

or is that "close" for you?

Comment

Nope. I have no one on Revs or any of the teams I discussed. I will leave it to you to figure out why I attend these games. Again, Revs are far from a perfect organization, but the talent in general is much higher than NPL.
            Why'd you lie about the ages?

Comment

Undocumented among the Revs? What?

The Brazilian boy who scored 4 goals in the U19 comeback win is a dreamer? NF? really?
              Father is an illegal? Oh c'mon, stop it.

Comment

The Brazilian boy who scored 4 goals in the U19 comeback win is a dreamer? NF? really?
                GC too. That's too bad they can't make trips to Canada. Must be tough.

Comment

Yup he can't leave the country

Comment

2003s

Tie
                    Tie
                    Loss today 0-1

Same path as the U17 team

Comment

Yup he can't leave the country
                      He should.

Comment

And we have hit a new low. Nice work.

Comment

And we have hit a new low. Nice work.
                          Meaning?

Comment

Meaning?
                            I thought it was pretty clear. Rumors about the immigration status of a player's parent.

Comment

I thought it was pretty clear. Rumors about the immigration status of a player's parent.
                              My take.
                              Build a border wall, partially physical partly technological.
                              Amnesty and path to citizenship for everyone here already.
                              Strict but humane enforcement of existing iigratuon laws.

Comment

My take.
                                Build a border wall, partially physical partly technological.
                                Amnesty and path to citizenship for everyone here already.
                                Strict but humane enforcement of existing iigratuon laws.
                                Nobody cares what you think. This is a soccer forum, not a political one. Stop.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X