Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    If you want DA, might be the better option. Otherwise you're on NEFC's 2nd team which hasn't been as strong since the move to ECNL and then DA. Also, don't kid yourself that you'll be practicing at Mendon all the time... most of the teams out of Central, including NPL practice at Forekicks Marlborough. A good deal further than "5 miles from the Ri border".
    I don't really have time to really drill down into this. But. Just glanced at the brackets, if the top NEFC team is the Academy team, then the B team is the NPL team. And it looks like NEFC 's B team was undefeated against Bayside in the spring. In one of the older groups Bayside finished in a spot higher than NEFC, but even in that age group, NEFC beat Bayside.

Bayside is a step above (overall) than NEFC Southeast, but the difference between NEFC Southeast and Bayside is way smaller than Bayside and NEFC B teams. At least NEFC Southeast beats Bayside sometimes.

Comment

I don't really have time to really drill down into this. But. Just glanced at the brackets, if the top NEFC team is the Academy team, then the B team is the NPL team. And it looks like NEFC 's B team was undefeated against Bayside in the spring. In one of the older groups Bayside finished in a spot higher than NEFC, but even in that age group, NEFC beat Bayside.

Bayside is a step above (overall) than NEFC Southeast, but the difference between NEFC Southeast and Bayside is way smaller than Bayside and NEFC B teams. At least NEFC Southeast beats Bayside sometimes.
      Look at RI State Cup results and you'll see that Bayside dominated NEFC Southeast, which is their biggest competitor. If you look at MA State Cup, NEFC's teams didn't fair as well, albeit against stronger competition than RI. As for league results, I would say NEFC NPL teams may be marginally better than Bayside depending on the age group. Not so much better that it's worth driving longer distances. DA is the big differentiator, so if that is your goal, have to make the drive.

Comment

Look at RI State Cup results and you'll see that Bayside dominated NEFC Southeast, which is their biggest competitor. If you look at MA State Cup, NEFC's teams didn't fair as well, albeit against stronger competition than RI. As for league results, I would say NEFC NPL teams may be marginally better than Bayside depending on the age group. Not so much better that it's worth driving longer distances. DA is the big differentiator, so if that is your goal, have to make the drive.
        I guess that depends on your definition.

NEFC NPL teams beat Bayside all of time. Like, every time.

Bayside beats NEFC Southeast more times than not, but not even close to all of the time.

I don't have any love in particular for NEFC Southeast, I just think it's important to just not drink the kool aid.

If you join NEFC Southeast, you can clearly have a path to playing on the NEFC DA or NPL team. Or you can play locally and you kinda know that you're going to be playing in local showcases, and you can still play in college. You have a shot at RI State Cup, you sometimes go to nationals. You can get the call up to NEFC NPL or DA at some point.

If you join Bayside, you also have a shot to sometimes play NEFC DA or NPL. The best Bayside players eventually do just that. But the rest get to play on most likely the best RI based team. You can play in college. You'll mostly likely travel more.

But that's it. I don't think Bayside on the girls side has a strong coaching staff. Like, at all. I think NEFC Southeast has the edge in coaching, but it's not a landslide.

I think that evidence would suggest there's no easy answer there. The decisions are probably more based on parent pride and where they want to hang their hats.

Comment

I guess that depends on your definition.

NEFC NPL teams beat Bayside all of time. Like, every time.

Bayside beats NEFC Southeast more times than not, but not even close to all of the time.

I don't have any love in particular for NEFC Southeast, I just think it's important to just not drink the kool aid.

If you join NEFC Southeast, you can clearly have a path to playing on the NEFC DA or NPL team. Or you can play locally and you kinda know that you're going to be playing in local showcases, and you can still play in college. You have a shot at RI State Cup, you sometimes go to nationals. You can get the call up to NEFC NPL or DA at some point.

If you join Bayside, you also have a shot to sometimes play NEFC DA or NPL. The best Bayside players eventually do just that. But the rest get to play on most likely the best RI based team. You can play in college. You'll mostly likely travel more.

But that's it. I don't think Bayside on the girls side has a strong coaching staff. Like, at all. I think NEFC Southeast has the edge in coaching, but it's not a landslide.

I think that evidence would suggest there's no easy answer there. The decisions are probably more based on parent pride and where they want to hang their hats.
          Be careful for what you wish for. Let say the top 5 players on the Bayside NPL team migrate to NEFC. Let’s just say they do, this mean players from the current rosters have to cut. Maybe one of those players happens to be yours. Will that make you happy. The margin of talents on the girls side isn’t that much. Selection is all based on the coach prerogative. Again, be happy where you are. Support your kids. Just saying.....

Comment

Be careful for what you wish for. Let say the top 5 players on the Bayside NPL team migrate to NEFC. Let’s just say they do, this mean players from the current rosters have to cut. Maybe one of those players happens to be yours. Will that make you happy. The margin of talents on the girls side isn’t that much. Selection is all based on the coach prerogative. Again, be happy where you are. Support your kids. Just saying.....
            Not the poster you responded to. Players move all the time and for all kinds of reasons. My kid's team has 4-5 new players coming on. The team had an decent spring and is attracting a lot of interest from families looking to upgrade. Every player will find their level and a fit somewhere. From what I hear, lots of unhappy parents and players on DA teams and there is a big shift going on this tryout season because of it. DA players moving to NPL. NPL players getting displaced and moving to regional teams or other NPL teams. That's club soccer.

Unless you're top half of a roster, you can be replaced pretty easily and should be working hard to become top half or take it year to year and hope for the best.

Comment

Did the Bayside Father’s Day tournament finally cease to exist. Was the worst tournament ever

Comment

Did the Bayside Father’s Day tournament finally cease to exist. Was the worst tournament ever
                It will be back next year. Lusitania, Noreaster, western united teams with a sprinkle of real premier teams. $$$$

Comment

My daughter never played in it but we did watch some of her friends one year. It seemed fun and relaxed. Not something you would pay to play in unless it's a charity event but it's a nice location for Father's Day. I wish there were more fun one day events like that one. Maybe an actual charity tournament?

Comment

My daughter never played in it but we did watch some of her friends one year. It seemed fun and relaxed. Not something you would pay to play in unless it's a charity event but it's a nice location for Father's Day. I wish there were more fun one day events like that one. Maybe an actual charity tournament?
                    Ugh...we played in it once. Horrible. Drunken, verbally abusive fans yelling at teen-age refs...Won't be back.

Comment

Rumors on the MA boards that Bayside is getting ECNL. Any Bayside insiders with any real info on this?

Comment

Rumors on the MA boards that Bayside is getting ECNL. Any Bayside insiders with any real info on this?
                        I have been told, if they make the fence, three feet taller....than they are in.

Comment

I have been told, if they make the fence, three feet taller....than they are in.
                          the bar would have to be lowered three feet to let them into ECNL!

Comment

No, let’s clarify.... one single troll mentioned it (maybe you?) and the rest of us laughed at them. ECNL would lose all credibility if it took Bayside into its league. Their NPL teams cannot even win and routinely lose to NEFC’s NPL teams (their “second” team), and the club itself is a disaster.

Comment

Yeah, because Bayside is tearing it up in the NPL. Let's be honest. On the girls side, SSS should be looking at ECNL. On the Boys side, GPS. No way Bayside gets it. Bayside and RI are too small and the MA clubs too big to justify that.

Comment

Only thing Bayside will be tearing up is their few year old turf soccer field.

Looks like new EP school is located right on top of Bayside’s field.

Is Bayside’s lease a public record? Pretty sure it says if new school is built, Bayside loses the field.

I wonder if the club leader has been transparent with current and prospective players and parents and disclosed the disruption and lack of field they will have. Doubt it.

https://epbuildingcommittee.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/EPHS-SC-2019-2-26-1.pdf

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X