Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Not in our experience. The Dad's tend to go harder on their own kids because they have more invested in them and want to push them. If anything, they are borderline mean to their own kid.
    Going harder on your kid is not the same thing as admitting or understanding your kid is not the best or deserving of a starting spot. Agree that dads are harder on their kids in many cases but that does not equate to a better team.

Have also seen the self-entitlement of the kids who dads coach the team. My kid comes home with stories about other players and families that daddy's girl talks about. Financial aspects of other families, dads view of the roster and players etc.

Not saying dads shouldn't coach, just that dads shouldn't coach past a certain level. Rec ball, summer camps are fine, thank you for volunteering, but ECNL age 13 and older.....? Hand the reins over to someone else. I played baseball in college and two years in the minors, coached my son through coach pitch when scores and rankings didn't matter. Continue to work with my son on the side privately with batting as well as few other kids. But when he moved to fast pitch, it was time to move on and let someone else coach.

My daughter starts, plays most of the game so this is not about her. Her coach played collegiality and works hard on advancing his licensing. All in all a good guy. I just see him putting his daughter and one of her close friends in situation they are not equipped to be in. She is fast but no ball handling skills. Insist on playing the CM when she is probably better suited as a wing. Loses the ball and blames others for bad passes but dribbles with her head down. I think if her dad removed himself another coach could work with her before those habits become permanent.

Comment

Going harder on your kid is not the same thing as admitting or understanding your kid is not the best or deserving of a starting spot. Agree that dads are harder on their kids in many cases but that does not equate to a better team.

Have also seen the self-entitlement of the kids who dads coach the team. My kid comes home with stories about other players and families that daddy's girl talks about. Financial aspects of other families, dads view of the roster and players etc.

Not saying dads shouldn't coach, just that dads shouldn't coach past a certain level. Rec ball, summer camps are fine, thank you for volunteering, but ECNL age 13 and older.....? Hand the reins over to someone else. I played baseball in college and two years in the minors, coached my son through coach pitch when scores and rankings didn't matter. Continue to work with my son on the side privately with batting as well as few other kids. But when he moved to fast pitch, it was time to move on and let someone else coach.

My daughter starts, plays most of the game so this is not about her. Her coach played collegiality and works hard on advancing his licensing. All in all a good guy. I just see him putting his daughter and one of her close friends in situation they are not equipped to be in. She is fast but no ball handling skills. Insist on playing the CM when she is probably better suited as a wing. Loses the ball and blames others for bad passes but dribbles with her head down. I think if her dad removed himself another coach could work with her before those habits become permanent.
      I thought DR was no longer coaching his daughters team. For some reason I thought she was not placed on ECNL this year.

Comment

I thought DR was no longer coaching his daughters team. For some reason I thought she was not placed on ECNL this year.
        Not speaking of any specific coaches, but even when the coach is not coaching the team, the parent somehow becomes involved with the team, and the kids somehow end up on the top teams. Certainly not fair to the other kids, or those players. This is not the Y.

Comment

Not speaking of any specific coaches, but even when the coach is not coaching the team, the parent somehow becomes involved with the team, and the kids somehow end up on the top teams. Certainly not fair to the other kids, or those players. This is not the Y.
          Parents have no place in coaching decisions especially team managers who seem to think its also OK to sit with coach/team during games.

Comment

Parents have no place in coaching decisions especially team managers who seem to think its also OK to sit with coach/team during games.
            Yes it could not be more obvious what those pathetic moms are doing

Comment

Sarcasm, perfect.

Comment

OC salt

OC has 2 good ECNL teams and can’t fill out their FPL second teams. FKK’s second teams play NPL along with Rush, GPS Orlando clubs. Amusing that OC guy started this thread as that club is so well organized they forgot to register their non-ECNL teams for State Cup. Sheesh.

Which Florida ECNL team is strong at all age groups...yup, none. Florida teams are Atlanta team’s B*tch in SE region in ECNL. Rush has one good girl’s team and they get thumped against top competition.

Comment

OC has 2 good ECNL teams and can’t fill out their FPL second teams. FKK’s second teams play NPL along with Rush, GPS Orlando clubs. Amusing that OC guy started this thread as that club is so well organized they forgot to register their non-ECNL teams for State Cup. Sheesh.

Which Florida ECNL team is strong at all age groups...yup, none. Florida teams are Atlanta team’s B*tch in SE region in ECNL. Rush has one good girl’s team and they get thumped against top competition.
                  Fixed it for you:

Rush HAD one good girl's team

Comment

Fixed it for you:

Rush HAD one good girl's team
                    Plus Rush second teams play FPL, NPL is reserved for the ACYS players that just waltzed in and pushed Rush players aside thanks to the Rush higher ups. Plus they raised their club fees.

Comment

Plus Rush second teams play FPL, NPL is reserved for the ACYS players that just waltzed in and pushed Rush players aside thanks to the Rush higher ups. Plus they raised their club fees.
                      Rush is a disaster. Outrageous fees and the acys thing is a nightmare. Now that most of their strong players have left, what's the point of paying 4K a year?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X