Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Now that is a very good reason to do soccer and tournaments. But really, do you think the kids wouldn't have a good time unless their coach recruited kids from different clubs around the state to make a super team to win the second division? That's BS. If it was about the kids having a good time, they would play these tournaments with their own club players. The recruiting is about trophy chasing for the parent/coach/club egos. The kids just want to play with friends and I'm sure they love to win too, but do you think any 11 year old said it's just not fun without ringers? What is it their sponsored FB ads say when it pops up? The number 1 development club in Tampa? Really? You have TBU envy. We have 3rd division teams for fun and develop AND recruit for our first and second division teams. We don't go around claiming we do anything different. We just claim to be the best. It's not the case with every coach and every team, but on the balance, we are the best. Good luck keeping those recruits from jumping ship to TBU when the Miami boys stop wanting to play with you though.
    My comment about having fun wasn’t team specific, I don’t know anything about TBU. But I do know that everyone on here always says we need to get out of Florida to experience ‘real’ soccer and when the teams do exactly that they get bashed either way.

Comment

My comment about having fun wasn’t team specific, I don’t know anything about TBU. But I do know that everyone on here always says we need to get out of Florida to experience ‘real’ soccer and when the teams do exactly that they get bashed either way.
      Then honestly, I apologize for the snarky reply. I 100 % agree that for 98% of the kids, the focus should be on learning soccer and having fun. The tournaments out of state should always be about having fun.

Comment

And also, if you want to know what is wrong with soccer not just in Florida, but in the USA... look no further than some parent defending the concept of a "showcase" team of 11 year olds in 9v9 soccer. hahahahahahaha. I mean come on, the Showcase stuff starts in high school at 11 v 11. A showcase team at U12 is trophy chasing for parent ego. Nothing more.
        These are parents living through their kids and trying to put them supposedly to these showcases where are zero scouts at. Want to show them fun, take them to disney world and let them be kids. Obviously the team being put together are not to have fun with their respective teams but a super team what seems like. Parents trying to fill their voids.

Comment

These are parents living through their kids and trying to put them supposedly to these showcases where are zero scouts at. Want to show them fun, take them to disney world and let them be kids. Obviously the team being put together are not to have fun with their respective teams but a super team what seems like. Parents trying to fill their voids.
          these tournaments provide kids with the experience of pretty high level competitive soccer at a young age. i don't know what it means down the road. from our team 9v9 of several years ago, 3 kids are playing DA at a high level, the other 9-12 that went on that trip are either playing club or out of soccer altogether. was it worth it? maybe for the 3 that went on for DA it helped fuel the competitive fire. but overall not so sure.

Comment

these tournaments provide kids with the experience of pretty high level competitive soccer at a young age. i don't know what it means down the road. from our team 9v9 of several years ago, 3 kids are playing DA at a high level, the other 9-12 that went on that trip are either playing club or out of soccer altogether. was it worth it? maybe for the 3 that went on for DA it helped fuel the competitive fire. but overall not so sure.
            Guess rotations are like that three from this group made Inter, the others will probably quit by U13 and the others probably then lowered by then at U13 to blue teams and lower tiers. As parents will then say damn all that money and time spent and only pics we have are soccer pics with coaches boosting their egos and other parents thinking there child will play for their National Teams.

Comment

Guess rotations are like that three from this group made Inter, the others will probably quit by U13 and the others probably then lowered by then at U13 to blue teams and lower tiers. As parents will then say damn all that money and time spent and only pics we have are soccer pics with coaches boosting their egos and other parents thinking there child will play for their National Teams.
              huh? first, each family has a different economy. what is a lot of money for one family is not for another. so, i would not talk about "all that money" since that's subjective. there's a value to participating in sports at a young age, even if they go nowhere. I strongly believe in that. you are totally right about parents and their egos and how completely off they are about their kids future. but it's by and large a positive process if the money is not too much for your family - traveling with other kids to a sporting event, building friendships and working on a sport at a high level. nothing wrong with it, as long as your feet are on the ground and no one abandons their education.

Comment

huh? first, each family has a different economy. what is a lot of money for one family is not for another. so, i would not talk about "all that money" since that's subjective. there's a value to participating in sports at a young age, even if they go nowhere. I strongly believe in that. you are totally right about parents and their egos and how completely off they are about their kids future. but it's by and large a positive process if the money is not too much for your family - traveling with other kids to a sporting event, building friendships and working on a sport at a high level. nothing wrong with it, as long as your feet are on the ground and no one abandons their education.
                Who abandoned their education? I'm sorry just curious

Comment

Who abandoned their education? I'm sorry just curious
                  while i don't think its quite "abandoning," homeschooling is to me close to it.

Comment

Who's home schooling in that group that went to Dallas? With Russo? I have a feeling that your just talking out of your behind

Comment

This statement shows 2 things to me, one you don't know what education means or is, and second you had no education yourself.

Comment

Now that is a very good reason to do soccer and tournaments. But really, do you think the kids wouldn't have a good time unless their coach recruited kids from different clubs around the state to make a super team to win the second division? That's BS. If it was about the kids having a good time, they would play these tournaments with their own club players. The recruiting is about trophy chasing for the parent/coach/club egos. The kids just want to play with friends and I'm sure they love to win too, but do you think any 11 year old said it's just not fun without ringers? What is it their sponsored FB ads say when it pops up? The number 1 development club in Tampa? Really? You have TBU envy. We have 3rd division teams for fun and develop AND recruit for our first and second division teams. We don't go around claiming we do anything different. We just claim to be the best. It's not the case with every coach and every team, but on the balance, we are the best. Good luck keeping those recruits from jumping ship to TBU when the Miami boys stop wanting to play with you though.
                        The coach and the club are ego maniacs

Comment

The coach and the club are ego maniacs
                          The coach may be an ego maniac who covers up his coaching shortcomings by recruiting kids from around the state to fill in what he fails to teach the players at his own club... but honestly, how can a club be an ego maniac? I mean there are probably hundreds to thousands of people involved and some probably don't really care that much about soccer but just want their kids to not be fat. Doesn't every club have their fill of ego maniacs?

Comment

The coach is Exhibit A of what is wrong with soccer in this country. Win at all cost. Make sure the team is built around his kid. Burn players out. If they need to improve, forget developing them, run them off and recruit new ones. All before the age of 12.

It is actually a good club with some good coaches and families, but this guy made us glad we turned down an offer to play with that team and left for another club.

The coach may be an ego maniac who covers up his coaching shortcomings by recruiting kids from around the state to fill in what he fails to teach the players at his own club... but honestly, how can a club be an ego maniac? I mean there are probably hundreds to thousands of people involved and some probably don't really care that much about soccer but just want their kids to not be fat. Doesn't every club have their fill of ego maniacs?

Comment

Sorry. I agree. The coach is an ego maniac. His son is a decent player but he just wants to win and win at all costs.

Comment

The kid is a very good player, but probably the weakest on the team. But I guess that's why he builds the team around him so he can chase the glory of his own youth. Can't say this is unique to Florida Premier. Lots of daddy coaches do exactly the same thing at all the clubs.

Sorry. I agree. The coach is an ego maniac. His son is a decent player but he just wants to win and win at all costs.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X