Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    U15

FSA 1-11-2 5pts

How is this even possible?
    Simply awful

Comment

Are there any FSA girls going to PDP in Mass this weekend?
      Too many

Comment

What was their record as U14? Are they getting better or worse?
        Worse. Much worse.

Comment

Question Man Responds

Hopefully the person talking about getting rid of the State Cup in the other post isn't from this team. Similar things could be said about spending all that cash for a record like that.

"But we are developing" is that the motto that is said when you're not winning? Sad thing is parents don't even care and will just write the check for next season.

Do you honestly believe the goal of the parents is to spend their money so the team has a winning record? This is the barometer of success you use to determine if the investment made in your kid is a wise one or not? Why is winning your most important measure of success? And at the club level, in youth soccer, elite or not, what exactly does winning mean? What does a winning team record actually reveal in terms of player development?
          What exactly is your point?

What does a team going 1-11-2 mean in terms of individual player development as opposed to a team that goes 11-1-2? What is the specific correlation to the growth of the individual player?

Comment

Do you honestly believe the goal of the parents is to spend their money so the team has a winning record? This is the barometer of success you use to determine if the investment made in your kid is a wise one or not? Why is winning your most important measure of success? And at the club level, in youth soccer, elite or not, what exactly does winning mean? What does a winning team record actually reveal in terms of player development?

What does a team going 1-11-2 mean in terms of individual player development as opposed to a team that goes 11-1-2? What is the specific correlation to the growth of the individual player?
            This is such a joke. What are they developing their dirty play tactics??? As another poster had said playing against them resulted in multiple deliberate fouls of blatant grabbing of arms, shirt pulling, and pushing off of the ball. I can add in hair pulling. Maybe they should develop actually playing soccer you know with your feet and not your hands they would win more games.

Comment

My barometer of success goes from year to year. They should be getting better. As other poster said their record is much worse. If that is true, then the club is not doing their job of developing. This would mean other clubs from previous year did develop better.

Practice is the classroom where they develop their skills and game plan, the game is the test. Either the players aren’t responding to the coaching, or the coaching isn’t correct. People that say winning doesn’t matter only say that when they aren’t winning. If you had a much better record you would be telling everybody how great this team is.

Comment

My barometer of success goes from year to year. They should be getting better. As other poster said their record is much worse. If that is true, then the club is not doing their job of developing. This would mean other clubs from previous year did develop better.

Practice is the classroom where they develop their skills and game plan, the game is the test. Either the players aren’t responding to the coaching, or the coaching isn’t correct. People that say winning doesn’t matter only say that when they aren’t winning. If you had a much better record you would be telling everybody how great this team is.

"My barometer of success goes from year to year. They should be getting better."

-How are you measuring this development? If a team goes 1-10 and then goes 2-9 have they developed? Have they gotten better?

The answer in reality is, *you don't know*. What everyone fails to understand is that.....the other clubs/teams are developing too...nobody ever even considers that.

1) Winning IS part of development. It gives currency to the coaches and clubs that their method works.
                2) A team's record is a *meaningless* barometer to gauge if a player has developed.
                3) If you guys knew what development even looked like, you wouldn't need to come on here and talk about it.

Comment

This is such a joke. What are they developing their dirty play tactics??? As another poster had said playing against them resulted in multiple deliberate fouls of blatant grabbing of arms, shirt pulling, and pushing off of the ball. I can add in hair pulling. Maybe they should develop actually playing soccer you know with your feet and not your hands they would win more games.
                  The path from "what does winning reveal about development* TO *dirty play* is an interesting one here to say the least.

Comment

^^^ and often times the other teams are developing at a faster pace. Compare histories club to club, year to year. If you get crushed by a team at U14 then close the gap at U15 then beat them at U16? You're either progressing or the other team is getting really shi**y

Comment

"My barometer of success goes from year to year. They should be getting better."

-How are you measuring this development? If a team goes 1-10 and then goes 2-9 have they developed? Have they gotten better?

The answer in reality is, *you don't know*. What everyone fails to understand is that.....the other clubs/teams are developing too...nobody ever even considers that.

1) Winning IS part of development. It gives currency to the coaches and clubs that their method works.
                      2) A team's record is a *meaningless* barometer to gauge if a player has developed.
                      3) If you guys knew what development even looked like, you wouldn't need to come on here and talk about it.
                      Have they gotten better if their record from previous year is better, from a record stand point yes.

You say teams record is meaningless barometer to gauge if a player has developed. I didn't know soccer was an individual sport, nor did I know a player stops developing, even professionals are still developing and working harder to get better. It is the clubs job to develop the player and the team as a whole. You are telling me development and performance doesn't have a correlation?

I'm not saying every player on that team is bad, but as a team as a whole, they are missing something. Is it the players aren't developing as much as other clubs? Is it the coaching isn't as good? Somebody has to take the blame. If their record from the 2017-2018 season was better than their record for 2018-2019 what changed?

You really can't say with a straight face this is a good team. If I'm a parent on this team and I'm spending 10k to travel all over, I'd expect more. Whether it is the coaches fault or kids aren't good enough, if nothing changes, then you can't expect major changes from year to year at this age and up.

Comment

It means, on average, that this team composed of its players is likely the worst in their league. You can say winning does not matter, but teams of better players should get better results over the course of a season than ones without them. While your little Mia may be better than she was a year ago, she is not keeping pace with most of her peers and by finishing at the bottom of ECNL, their are plenty of GDA and other non-ECNL teams that have plenty of players that are likely far better players. You are spending a lot of money and you are not getting the results you should be. One of the issues at FSA is that the kids dont really learn to play soccer. Sure they can run fast and some are decent technically speaking, but they have no soccer IQ and they do not play a team game against any team that is reasonably athletic because they are not capable of moving the ball well enough for it to work, so you depend on one or two kids that dribble around 3 or 4 kids and lose to the next one or play a long ball to try to get it over the head of your one forward that stayed up (near the bottom of the center circle), but this is mostly futile as that ball is tough to corale and is into the midst of 3 or 4 defenders. Very few if any shots or corners for your team, right? Sit back, defend like crazy with 8 or 9 behind the ball and work like mad to clear midfield? Its not soccer, its merely trying to survive a game.

Comment

It means, on average, that this team composed of its players is likely the worst in their league. You can say winning does not matter, but teams of better players should get better results over the course of a season than ones without them. While your little Mia may be better than she was a year ago, she is not keeping pace with most of her peers and by finishing at the bottom of ECNL, their are plenty of GDA and other non-ECNL teams that have plenty of players that are likely far better players. You are spending a lot of money and you are not getting the results you should be. One of the issues at FSA is that the kids dont really learn to play soccer. Sure they can run fast and some are decent technically speaking, but they have no soccer IQ and they do not play a team game against any team that is reasonably athletic because they are not capable of moving the ball well enough for it to work, so you depend on one or two kids that dribble around 3 or 4 kids and lose to the next one or play a long ball to try to get it over the head of your one forward that stayed up (near the bottom of the center circle), but this is mostly futile as that ball is tough to corale and is into the midst of 3 or 4 defenders. Very few if any shots or corners for your team, right? Sit back, defend like crazy with 8 or 9 behind the ball and work like mad to clear midfield? Its not soccer, its merely trying to survive a game.
                          Nah, FSA girls ECNL U18s, U16s, U14s play better soccer and are technically better than CFCs.

Comment

Other indicators....are your only wins against the other bottom feeders? Are your losses close or 3+goals apart? Are you at least scoring and competitive? When you go to showcases how do you fare?

For FSA the answers to those questions aren't good

Comment

Have they gotten better if their record from previous year is better, from a record stand point yes.

You say teams record is meaningless barometer to gauge if a player has developed. I didn't know soccer was an individual sport, nor did I know a player stops developing, even professionals are still developing and working harder to get better. It is the clubs job to develop the player and the team as a whole. You are telling me development and performance doesn't have a correlation?

I'm not saying every player on that team is bad, but as a team as a whole, they are missing something. Is it the players aren't developing as much as other clubs? Is it the coaching isn't as good? Somebody has to take the blame. If their record from the 2017-2018 season was better than their record for 2018-2019 what changed?

You really can't say with a straight face this is a good team. If I'm a parent on this team and I'm spending 10k to travel all over, I'd expect more. Whether it is the coaches fault or kids aren't good enough, if nothing changes, then you can't expect major changes from year to year at this age and up.
                              I am saying that winning and development don't have a correlation. And I am saying it with a straight face. What I am saying is that winning gives coaches/clubs currency that their methods and philosophies work!

Do you know how much is involved in winning a soccer game? You can win a soccer game by parking the bus and scoring your goal on a PK the one time you crossed midfield. What did that team or players learn? You can also win a game 6-0, what are those players or team learn?

The art of coaching is to get the players to learn something *no matter what situation* arises. It's that habit that should be your barometer of development.

Oh...and players are in charge of their own development. The quicker you all realize that, the better things will be.

Comment

Every club in the conference is guaranteed at least 8 players in this. It’s not the Top 65 players in conference. It’s the top 8 from each club.
                                It's not the top 8 from each club. It's the 8 picked by coaches.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X