Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Never seeing any action is the worse scenario for a GK. Doesn't matter if you're good or not - when the pressure ramps up you're rusty.
    Rusty, that was a bad pass to a well covered d-back. Bad decision making there and I like AN.

But, what a poor overall showing I thought. 2-1 win and goals were PK's only?? So, I can't score on Spain, so let's rely on penalties. A win is a win is a win, but that's not a good win.

Comment

Fix is in for the US to win. They're going to keep giving them PK's if that's what it takes. What a joke.

Comment

Sure, let’s no longer put the ball up the pitch, but, instead play around at the back because it looks better.

Biggest mistake soccer has made...
        And everyone buys into it.
        Also doesn't help that they have a policy of not letting Christians play so they cut Jaelene Hinkle, the best outside back in the country. Now they have an inexperienced striker playing in the back and this is what happens.

Comment

The question of the tournament thus far is what was up with Alex Morgan today? She was out of sync, slow, and laying on the ground a lot. My theory is that injury she sustained in that meaningless game against Sweden is bugging her. They survived Spain with her struggling. They won’t clear the next 3 without her bringing her A game.

Comment

Also doesn't help that they have a policy of not letting Christians play so they cut Jaelene Hinkle, the best outside back in the country. Now they have an inexperienced striker playing in the back and this is what happens.
            Tobin Heath is a devout Christian.

Comment

There are several players on the US team that are devout Christians. Didn’t Hinkel actually refuse to play?

Comment

I would differ on Sweden, Norway, and China.
                So got Sweden and Norway going through. Next I go against Europe and see China with the upset.

Canada and Australia are really not that good. Strong, athletic girls but lacking in overall soccer savvy and skills.

Comment

There are several players on the US team that are devout Christians. Didn’t Hinkel actually refuse to play?
                  She declined to wear a uniform with the rainbow flag on it for pride month last year. Ellis has said cutting her nothing to do with that but some guy keeps repeating the same thing over and over again on an anonymous chat board, so it must be true right? If other religious players had an issue with it they didn't say anything and wore it. Funny how actual Christians love people for who they are, not hate them for who they love.

Comment

The question of the tournament thus far is what was up with Alex Morgan today? She was out of sync, slow, and laying on the ground a lot. My theory is that injury she sustained in that meaningless game against Sweden is bugging her. They survived Spain with her struggling. They won’t clear the next 3 without her bringing her A game.
                    Morgan’s a finisher with Rapinoe and Heath feeding her. Both Rapinoe and Heath were off their game and the few times a cross was made no one was in front of the goal. Morgan was also getting fouled everytime she came near the ball. To make up for the front three, the midfield (which along with Dunn is carrying the team at this point) needs to step up even more to score directly. Ertz too is struggling a bit stretching to fill in as a CB as well as a holding mid.

Comment

She declined to wear a uniform with the rainbow flag on it for pride month last year. Ellis has said cutting her nothing to do with that but some guy keeps repeating the same thing over and over again on an anonymous chat board, so it must be true right? If other religious players had an issue with it they didn't say anything and wore it. Funny how actual Christians love people for who they are, not hate them for who they love.
                      And a true Christian would overlook someone else's misgiving's too.

I'm Catholic/Christian. It's a catch 2022. You can't be follow everything by word and verse or your a fraud. For instance, I don't like everyone (which is not Christian-like) and teach my children to be cautious as well.

Not everyone is trustworthy or has a good heart. Some people are just not nice and/or evil. So by my not liking, respecting or giving them the time of day, that makes my actions non-Christian. But, I'm okay with it. As long as I am a good person and treat people accordingly, I think I will be judged that way.

True Christians won't hate others for who they love provided they are nice people. It's about who you are inside, your character, that matters the most.

Comment

Morgan’s a finisher with Rapinoe and Heath feeding her. Both Rapinoe and Heath were off their game and the few times a cross was made no one was in front of the goal. Morgan was also getting fouled everytime she came near the ball. To make up for the front three, the midfield (which along with Dunn is carrying the team at this point) needs to step up even more to score directly. Ertz too is struggling a bit stretching to fill in as a CB as well as a holding mid.
                        That’s what I mean, crosses were flying across the box and Alex always seemed to be a step. I would expect at this point that 3 of the worlds best forwards would be more in sync. Spain’s defenders didn’t look half as good as those that lie ahead.

Comment

That’s what I mean, crosses were flying across the box and Alex always seemed to be a step. I would expect at this point that 3 of the worlds best forwards would be more in sync. Spain’s defenders didn’t look half as good as those that lie ahead.
                          A step off.

Comment

It's tough to believe that someone who would wear a patch condoning something that Jesus Christ called an abomination is much of a Christian. Many alleged Christians Talk The Talk. Look at who actually walks the walk. Fwiw, that doesn't mean that a Christian should hate homosexuals. It just means that they shouldn't condone the behavior in any way. And if it means sacrificing something dear to you to stand up for those Christian beliefs , then you do it. BTW, is there any link to a story where Tobin Heath stands up for Jaelene Hinkle who was cut from the team for standing up for her Christian beliefs?

Comment

It's tough to believe that someone who would wear a patch condoning something that Jesus Christ called an abomination is much of a Christian. Many alleged Christians Talk The Talk. Look at who actually walks the walk. Fwiw, that doesn't mean that a Christian should hate homosexuals. It just means that they shouldn't condone the behavior in any way. And if it means sacrificing something dear to you to stand up for those Christian beliefs , then you do it. BTW, is there any link to a story where Tobin Heath stands up for Jaelene Hinkle who was cut from the team for standing up for her Christian beliefs?
                              https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sta...nations-roster

Talks about Ellis cutting her and speculation as to why, confirms she is best LB in NWSL, and indicates Casey Short is her LB. What happened to her?

Comment

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sta...nations-roster

Talks about Ellis cutting her and speculation as to why, confirms she is best LB in NWSL, and indicates Casey Short is her LB. What happened to her?
                                Ellis cut Casey Short leaving her no true LB for the Workd Cup.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X