Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Typical Fire. Check IP address. Different people.
    Fire sucks not from your area but know of horrible play.. Per Rec.
    must be hard to deal with getting cut by the rec FIRE academy. hahahahahahahaha.
    Optimist is your level.

Comment

Different poster. Your response reflects the nasty attitude exhibited by your parents never mind what comes out of the mouths of your players.

Comment

Typical Fire. Check IP address. Different people.
        Fire sucks not from your area but know of horrible play.. Per Rec.
        Not from this area but you think to check on a SWFL Soccer thread. Good try RP! You guys are even trying to cheat on TS!

Comment

Weston's trying to catch up after getting smoked by SunPrime - they're probably begging everyone.
          Weston is still the place to play in South Florida which is why every year we have players from SWFL making the drive.

Comment

Was someone’s hand in the cookie jar?

What is the story with so many of the Florida Fire Administration being forced out the last three years.

Comment

What is the story with so many of the Florida Fire Administration being forced out the last three years.
              Here we go again. Non-profit. Public record. Go look it up.

Comment

Brookfield Senior Living is hosting a u73.

Comment

Weston is still the place to play in South Florida which is why every year we have players from SWFL making the drive.
                  Yes
                  Weston!
                  The trash is out already

Comment

Don’t understand this post. Weston and GPS are only club TBU knows of.

Comment

Fire Parent

Fire parent here. As I’ve seen club soccer grow over the past 10 years in SWFL, it’s been great for this area that we now have 3 state titles (2 GPS and 1 Fire). In the previous 20-30 years, we had 0. Everyone can hate Fire for their own reasons and I’m not coming on here to tell you that you are wrong as it’s your opinion, but something you can’t argue with is that when CFJ came to town, it was the best thing that ever happened to this area. Not them being who they are, but what it did was caused NFM to partner with GPS. Storm to partner with Adrenaline, Azzuri, and now Orlando City. LCS is now with Blackwatch for their admin. Cape and GPS now have some sort of partnership with ECNL and DA clubs. Again, I’m not on here saying Fire is the best current club, but I am saying the reason why SWFL has grown in culture of premier soccer is because Chicago Fire came down here 8 or 9-years ago to start the process.

Cape and Lee County seem to have their own thing going on regardless of what anyone else does. At times GPS takes away some from them, but they still have a decent foundation that allows them to stay where they are.

Azzuri has a very good foundation, like Cape, with a big younger recreational program that allows those players to feed in to their system. They have made great gains in the last couple years with the club side of things and Orlando City. They still have a ways to go to becoming a premier club as they just have a couple teams there right now.

GPS has definitely made it clear they want to be premier. I would question their motives and ethos to how they go about it at times, but parents/players seem to stay loyal; at least their top players.

Fire is a roller coaster as far as some years they have a lot of players, then they lose some, then they gain them back. Premier teams one year, teams leave next, etc. It seems like things come full-circle at times. Regardless, I personally enjoy the club and what they bring to my family.

The point of my post is that all these clubs are good for one reason or another. Not every team needs to be a premier team training for their kid to be a professional or collegiate athlete. I played sports my whole life and wouldn’t change that for the world, but I never played in college. I believe SWFL will become truly successful when they realize this and work together instead of against one another. If you look at the areas in Jacksonville, Orlando, Tampa and Miami. The dominant clubs have partnered together to get where they’re at. Put the egos aside. Players, parents, coaches, DOC’s and whomever runs the clubs.

Comment

Don’t understand this post. Weston and GPS are only club TBU knows of.

Comment

If you want my viewpoint

Fire parent here. As I’ve seen club soccer grow over the past 10 years in SWFL, it’s been great for this area that we now have 3 state titles (2 GPS and 1 Fire). In the previous 20-30 years, we had 0. Everyone can hate Fire for their own reasons and I’m not coming on here to tell you that you are wrong as it’s your opinion, but something you can’t argue with is that when CFJ came to town, it was the best thing that ever happened to this area. Not them being who they are, but what it did was caused NFM to partner with GPS. Storm to partner with Adrenaline, Azzuri, and now Orlando City. LCS is now with Blackwatch for their admin. Cape and GPS now have some sort of partnership with ECNL and DA clubs. Again, I’m not on here saying Fire is the best current club, but I am saying the reason why SWFL has grown in culture of premier soccer is because Chicago Fire came down here 8 or 9-years ago to start the process.

Cape and Lee County seem to have their own thing going on regardless of what anyone else does. At times GPS takes away some from them, but they still have a decent foundation that allows them to stay where they are.

Azzuri has a very good foundation, like Cape, with a big younger recreational program that allows those players to feed in to their system. They have made great gains in the last couple years with the club side of things and Orlando City. They still have a ways to go to becoming a premier club as they just have a couple teams there right now.

GPS has definitely made it clear they want to be premier. I would question their motives and ethos to how they go about it at times, but parents/players seem to stay loyal; at least their top players.

Fire is a roller coaster as far as some years they have a lot of players, then they lose some, then they gain them back. Premier teams one year, teams leave next, etc. It seems like things come full-circle at times. Regardless, I personally enjoy the club and what they bring to my family.

The point of my post is that all these clubs are good for one reason or another. Not every team needs to be a premier team training for their kid to be a professional or collegiate athlete. I played sports my whole life and wouldn’t change that for the world, but I never played in college. I believe SWFL will become truly successful when they realize this and work together instead of against one another. If you look at the areas in Jacksonville, Orlando, Tampa and Miami. The dominant clubs have partnered together to get where they’re at. Put the egos aside. Players, parents, coaches, DOC’s and whomever runs the clubs.
                          Fire sucks. They act if they are a pathway to higher level of playing but the only thing they have in common with Chicago is their rate of murder. How they butcher young kids with talent and go for nepotism or how much your dad paid the coach for private training/camps or if mom put out with body and car. The sad thing is how many kids used to leave the sport altogether which is perhaps why their numbers would go down until they fooled the next group into joining. Thank God for the Storm for the guys running that program are all about the kids. Always were and always will be.
                          The joy is back baby. The talent is developing.

Comment

Good post. I think the change would have happened regardless of Chicago was one who came down, but yes, that seemed to start a change in SWFL. I think choices are good with clubs for parents/players to decide where they want to play. I do think it’s gotten out of hand with all the negativity though. I do wish we supported SWFL clubs more instead of bash them. It seems hatred comes from someone leaving a club because they felt they were wronged in someway or coaches/DOC’s instill that in their club.

Comment

Fire sucks. They act if they are a pathway to higher level of playing but the only thing they have in common with Chicago is their rate of murder. How they butcher young kids with talent and go for nepotism or how much your dad paid the coach for private training/camps or if mom put out with body and car. The sad thing is how many kids used to leave the sport altogether which is perhaps why their numbers would go down until they fooled the next group into joining. Thank God for the Storm for the guys running that program are all about the kids. Always were and always will be.
                              The joy is back baby. The talent is developing.
                              Who are the Storm? Are they affiliated with Cape Coral Cyclones? Usually when a parent comes on here to bash another club, they feel insecure about their own (or something else). Are you insecure that no one even knows who you are?

Comment

When you play with Fire, Get ready to get burnt

Good post. I think the change would have happened regardless of Chicago was one who came down, but yes, that seemed to start a change in SWFL. I think choices are good with clubs for parents/players to decide where they want to play. I do think it’s gotten out of hand with all the negativity though. I do wish we supported SWFL clubs more instead of bash them. It seems hatred comes from someone leaving a club because they felt they were wronged in someway or coaches/DOC’s instill that in their club.
                                Yeah support the club that rips you off.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X