Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    There would be a big problem on my sideline if a parent provides coaching advice to my kid.
    If it was commonplace with many parents, then you won't see us around next season.
    Oh I've said something to parents like that. Told the idiots (and they are, they don't even know the game) it's the coach's job, not theirs. If they want to coach their OWN kid go ahead, but dare coach mine or others. I make sure to do it in ear shot of other parents and am totally polite about it. It usually works.

Comment

Thank you for the book recommendation . From these replies here, it's really surprising that there is a love of soccer. I just see a love of disrespectful behavior. Good luck everyone! I asked a simple question, and only wanted a decent answer.

Actually, too many people associated with youth soccer don't love it. They are in it for the golden rainbow which is unreachable for too many.

Comment

If parents weren’t allowed at the younger ages, you would see better development
        Is this the reason no one goes to DA games?

Comment

Maybe. The reason no one goes to ECNL games is because they're unbearable to watch.

Comment

Nope. For town soccer I stay local.

Comment

No club games get many spectators. There's often not even one parent per player and maybe 2 siblings in total who were dragged along unwillingly

Comment

No club games get many spectators. There's often not even one parent per player and maybe 2 siblings in total who were dragged along unwillingly
                oh yea - every parent knows you better have your phone charged up and some games or netflix ready to go if you are dragging the younger sibling along.

Comment

oh yea - every parent knows you better have your phone charged up and some games or netflix ready to go if you are dragging the younger sibling along.
                  I wonder how we raised kids 5 years ago.

Oh, I know...you gave them a ball and told them to go knock it around for a while.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X