Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Actually it was WUP but funny you say that as I saw a Ginga mom absolutely blast her U12 after a game this past weekend. I didn't see the game itself but this woman just tore into this poor girl for not "doing her part". I was hoping she was an anomaly. Guess not!
    Great, another future patient for my therapy practice.

Comment

Actually it was WUP but funny you say that as I saw a Ginga mom absolutely blast her U12 after a game this past weekend. I didn't see the game itself but this woman just tore into this poor girl for not "doing her part". I was hoping she was an anomaly. Guess not!
      WUP parents are bad, but you have to see the Ginga 2007 Elite parents--they are a completely different level of crazy...

Comment

My favorites are the typical loser parents who encourage their little U11 superstars by saying things like "take her on, that defender has nothing!" Very classy.

Comment

Which is fine, if soccer existed in a vacuum. Trouble is, most kids and parents are not trying to produce little soccer robots. A lot of u littles would be sad if mom and dad didn't watch them play. Ever see a 9 year old score? More often than not, first thing they do is look for mom with a big smile. Hate to discourage that.

Fact is, MOST parents aren't a holes. Most are just there to enjoy the game. You have one or two loud mouth jerks and the team gets branded as one with a bunch of psycho parents. I have only ever seen one team where it seemed virtually EVERY parent on the sidelines had a drinking or mental issue (perhaps both) and that was just this past year...a U12 girls game.

I'd like to see clapping and positive remarks only, enforced BY THE COACH. But I've seen a lot of parents who are loud enough for the kids and ref to hear but not coaches so not sure how that would work perfectly.
          Well said!

Comment

My favorites are the typical loser parents who encourage their little U11 superstars by saying things like "take her on, that defender has nothing!" Very classy.
            How about "Just knock her out!"

That gem came from a Ginga dad this weekend.... seriously.

Comment

How about "Just knock her out!"

That gem came from a Ginga dad this weekend.... seriously.
              Heard a parent scream “Just kick her in the head” at my keeper when she kept coming out and going to ground to grab long touches from a fast striker.

Comment

Not mentioned much in this thread, but sideline coaching by parents is the worst when the players actually follow their instructions. Often completely wrong comments can cost their kid the game and hurt their development. I once saw a dad follow along the entire sideline as his kid moved up and down the field telling her exactly what to do. Literally “kick with your left” and “look over your right shoulder” detailed instruction the entire game. I felt so sorry for that kid, not to mention her team and coach.

Comment

Heard a parent scream “Just kick her in the head” at my keeper when she kept coming out and going to ground to grab long touches from a fast striker.
                  No you didn't

Comment

No you didn't
                    Different GK parent and I've heard the same.

Comment

Not mentioned much in this thread, but sideline coaching by parents is the worst when the players actually follow their instructions. Often completely wrong comments can cost their kid the game and hurt their development. I once saw a dad follow along the entire sideline as his kid moved up and down the field telling her exactly what to do. Literally “kick with your left” and “look over your right shoulder” detailed instruction the entire game. I felt so sorry for that kid, not to mention her team and coach.
                      Coaching parents are worse than parents who yell at the ref. Even worse are the parents who feel they can provide coaching advice during the game to other people's kids.

My kid had a team where the parents yelled advice all the time (sometimes in multiple languages) to different kids and the coach was berating the kids when they made a mistake. The kids never spoke when they were on the field. It was a nightmare to watch.

Comment

Coaching parents are worse than parents who yell at the ref. Even worse are the parents who feel they can provide coaching advice during the game to other people's kids.

My kid had a team where the parents yelled advice all the time (sometimes in multiple languages) to different kids and the coach was berating the kids when they made a mistake. The kids never spoke when they were on the field. It was a nightmare to watch.
                        There would be a big problem on my sideline if a parent provides coaching advice to my kid.
                        If it was commonplace with many parents, then you won't see us around next season.

Comment

Listen to the stuff the parents yelling in spanish say to their kids during games if you really want to cringe.

Comment

There would be a big problem on my sideline if a parent provides coaching advice to my kid.
                            If it was commonplace with many parents, then you won't see us around next season.
                            This is only part of the story. The swearing at refs and arguing with other parents...and it wasn't just one parent. It was common and embarrassing.

I could tell at least 25 stories from this past season alone.

Comment

Great, another future patient for my therapy practice.
                              Steve, is that you ?

Comment

Thank you for the book recommendation . From these replies here, it's really surprising that there is a love of soccer. I just see a love of disrespectful behavior. Good luck everyone! I asked a simple question, and only wanted a decent answer.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X