Roster posting required?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, you wouldn't believe it by looking at posts on this board, but I think nearly all parents have a basic sense of fair play and wouldn't unfairly put their kids in against younger kids. Girls especially can grow early and be done growing earlier than other girls, so the size disparity can be pretty striking.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Also, you wouldn't believe it by looking at posts on this board, but I think nearly all parents have a basic sense of fair play and wouldn't unfairly put their kids in against younger kids. Girls especially can grow early and be done growing earlier than other girls, so the size disparity can be pretty striking.
      They're more likely to cheat when it's something that matters - big tournament, state cup etc. Typical league games, not so much and aren't really worth it to a club perpetuating it. In middle school kids' heights are all over the place and it gets so hard to tell. Boys take even longer to even out than girls. Scrawny HS freshmen boys especially can flattened by 18 year old man boys. I stopped asking a long time ago. At one U12 game many of our parents were questioning, loudly, one girl who seemed so much older. She made a beautiful goal, which I complimented her on (I compliment good play no matter who does it). After the game the dad came over and said thank you because his D hears all those nasty comments on the field. He was 6'5" and his wife was 6'.

Comment

They're more likely to cheat when it's something that matters - big tournament, state cup etc. Typical league games, not so much and aren't really worth it to a club perpetuating it. In middle school kids' heights are all over the place and it gets so hard to tell. Boys take even longer to even out than girls. Scrawny HS freshmen boys especially can flattened by 18 year old man boys. I stopped asking a long time ago. At one U12 game many of our parents were questioning, loudly, one girl who seemed so much older. She made a beautiful goal, which I complimented her on (I compliment good play no matter who does it). After the game the dad came over and said thank you because his D hears all those nasty comments on the field. He was 6'5" and his wife was 6'.
        Hard to cheat in state cup. Rosters are set well before the event and locked in through regionals and nationals, no guest players and cards are checked at each game.

Comment

Hard to cheat in state cup. Rosters are set well before the event and locked in through regionals and nationals, no guest players and cards are checked at each game.
          Rosters are not locked for Nationals.

Comment

Rosters are not locked for Nationals.
            NPL nationals you could add players, but if I recall correctly they had to have tried out and been in your clubs "system" to be allowed.

Comment

NPL nationals you could add players, but if I recall correctly they had to have tried out and been in your clubs "system" to be allowed.
              That may be true but the rosters aren't locked. You can add players from your club or incoming new players, in some cases right up until the check in is completed at the event.

Comment

That may be true but the rosters aren't locked. You can add players from your club or incoming new players, in some cases right up until the check in is completed at the event.
                yes, as long as they were in the tryout pool or in the club. I didn't think you could up until check-in, but I could be wrong on that.

Comment

Op here, we have noticed rosters posted on got soccer for our player's club/teams & most of opponents. We also noticed exceptions to postings for teams with no past history, most age groups 08 & up. We are curious about "no roster available for this team" when these teams are established with a previous history. I'm not splitting hairs regarding guest players. I'm wondering if there is a requirement for rosters to be listed, what stops these clubs from just playing anyone throughout the year if there is no roster posted? Do club coaches have their own private access to rosters, something other than got soccer?
                  No, there is no requirement for teams to post rosters, especially not on third party sites. For every game there is an option to have guest players, it is legal and done often. Refs check the roster and coaches can write in a certain number of guest players on said roster (not sure how many but more than 3). That's what the refs are doing when they line the kids up and check shin guards and numbers against the list.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X