Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ECNL is US Club Soccer

Does anyone know why Washington Youth Soccer and RCL clubs have been bad mouthing PSPL and US Club Soccer since PSPL's inception (i.e. the whole Gunners thing). But now they are "all in" on ECNL which rolls up to US Club Soccer and not US Youth Soccer, which is what RCL and WYS roll up to. US Youth soccer is supposed to have its own local, regional and national leagues. I guess those aren't "elite" enough now? Doesn't that mean in theory the best "elite" path in the future should be through PSPL and into ECNL. (Of course PSPL clubs need to start applying for ECNL since they don't have any right now)

I am not trying to re hash the PSPL is weaker than RCL debate. We are talking theoretical here. Theoretically PSPL should be a bit weaker than RCL just because it is newer, but as we have heard some PSPL teams are strong enough to beat RCL A teams. So PSPL is gaining stronger competition. With the Reign addition to PSPL, PSPL might also become stronger in the future. That is a wait and see type of thing though.

How does WYS justify sponsoring and maintain control of ECNL teams with clubs that are WYS affiliated. I think if these clubs are smart they keep pressing with ECNL and then join US Club and start leaving WYS behind. WYS would start to have no control of clubs that are joining ECNL.

The next 10 years in WA Soccer may be interesting. (Or maybe the same. :) )

ECNL is US Club Soccer

It will be interesting to see if Eagleclaw and Gunners get into ECNL. Two different clubs in terms of playing style and training, but clearly at the top of the PSPL in terms of quality of play. Teams from these two clubs can best any top teams in RCL. Eagleclaw is turning a lot of heads at their tryouts. Spanish coaches and scouts were onsite. Because of WYS and the closed-off RCL, it looks like the only way for Eagleclaw and Gunners to routinely take on Pac/SU/Eastside etc. is to join ECNL. I hope they do so quickly.

Comment

My perception is that the PSPL and US Club/ECNL are currently out-maneuvering RCL/WYS to obtain dominance. They are clearly winning the battle against girls’ DA.

Comment

Some of you really need to put the bottle down....it is way too early in the day to compare PSPL to ECNL.

Comment

Who compared PSPL to ECNL?

Comment

No doubt gunners will be ecnl soon. They're just a step behind Eastside

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
              Does anyone know why Washington Youth Soccer and RCL clubs have been bad mouthing PSPL and US Club Soccer since PSPL's inception (i.e. the whole Gunners thing). But now they are "all in" on ECNL which rolls up to US Club Soccer and not US Youth Soccer, which is what RCL and WYS roll up to. US Youth soccer is supposed to have its own local, regional and national leagues. I guess those aren't "elite" enough now? Doesn't that mean in theory the best "elite" path in the future should be through PSPL and into ECNL. (Of course PSPL clubs need to start applying for ECNL since they don't have any right now)

I am not trying to re hash the PSPL is weaker than RCL debate. We are talking theoretical here. Theoretically PSPL should be a bit weaker than RCL just because it is newer, but as we have heard some PSPL teams are strong enough to beat RCL A teams. So PSPL is gaining stronger competition. With the Reign addition to PSPL, PSPL might also become stronger in the future. That is a wait and see type of thing though.

How does WYS justify sponsoring and maintain control of ECNL teams with clubs that are WYS affiliated. I think if these clubs are smart they keep pressing with ECNL and then join US Club and start leaving WYS behind. WYS would start to have no control of clubs that are joining ECNL.

The next 10 years in WA Soccer may be interesting. (Or maybe the same. :) )
              What I can't figure out is how no PSPL clubs were invited to ECNL. PSPL clubs have been saying they are good and that US Club Soccer is great, yet US Club Soccer didn't include them in their own elite league?

Is it a sign that top PSPL clubs aren't thought highly of by US Club Soccer?

Comment

There's more to getting an even invite than having a few good soccer teams, you need to be able to produce one "elite" team at each age group which really means you need a b and c teams at all levels. In West wa only gunners has that, there may be some eastern wa clubs that can do it.

[IQUOTE=Unregistered;2490980]What I can't figure out is how no PSPL clubs were invited to ECNL. PSPL clubs have been saying they are good and that US Club Soccer is great, yet US Club Soccer didn't include them in their own elite league?

Is it a sign that top PSPL clubs aren't thought highly of by US Club Soccer?[/QUOTE]

Comment

Gunners...lol. Stop

Comment

Both my kids play for the Gunners. The girls side is stronger then the boys. Girls teams consistently compete/beat RCL teams.

Leadership has told parents they are working on getting ECNL teams. They are currently hiring a new Executive Director. Hopefully once that is settled next steps will be ECNL.

Club does a great job with developing players. Consistently place kids in college playing soccer.

Comment

It will be interesting to see if Eagleclaw and Gunners get into ECNL. Two different clubs in terms of playing style and training, but clearly at the top of the PSPL in terms of quality of play. Teams from these two clubs can best any top teams in RCL. Eagleclaw is turning a lot of heads at their tryouts. Spanish coaches and scouts were onsite. Because of WYS and the closed-off RCL, it looks like the only way for Eagleclaw and Gunners to routinely take on Pac/SU/Eastside etc. is to join ECNL. I hope they do so quickly.
                      I'm guessing that this was posted by someone from Eagleclaw who is trying to find a way to stay relevant. There isn't a single Eagleclaw team that could beat a D1 RCL team. Some of their younger teams are more competitive, but they would struggle in RCL 3. We'll see this summer if they've really gotten any better after tryouts, but they have a long way to go to be competitive with even the middle of the pack.

Comment

I'm guessing that this was posted by someone from Eagleclaw who is trying to find a way to stay relevant. There isn't a single Eagleclaw team that could beat a D1 RCL team. Some of their younger teams are more competitive, but they would struggle in RCL 3. We'll see this summer if they've really gotten any better after tryouts, but they have a long way to go to be competitive with even the middle of the pack.
                        pretty sure you're right.. most of their teams are not even in the top pspl divisions. I do like their mission and think they are trying to develop good soccer though

Comment

Both my kids play for the Gunners. The girls side is stronger then the boys. Girls teams consistently compete/beat RCL teams.

Leadership has told parents they are working on getting ECNL teams. They are currently hiring a new Executive Director. Hopefully once that is settled next steps will be ECNL.

Club does a great job with developing players. Consistently place kids in college playing soccer.
                          The eastside does not need a third ECNL team. SPOKANE on the other hand.

Comment

The eastside does not need a third ECNL team. SPOKANE on the other hand.
                            I would welcome the Gunners into ECNL. It levels the playing field at the clubs that attract the most kids. Then the who is better argument will come to a close quickly. Actually I take that back. Better is a really subjective term open to debate. But it would be fun to watch. Also another ECNL team means less useless travel to chase a silly ball.

Comment

pretty sure you're right.. most of their teams are not even in the top pspl divisions. I do like their mission and think they are trying to develop good soccer though
                              I would agree with this. Eagleclaw has a really good training philosophy and mission. I would argue one of the best in the area that focuses on the individual and teaches kids intelligent soccer. They also run their classes and training like a business (My kid has taken some). It is highly professional, starts on time, great coaching. So much so that you will see many RCL A kids doing their extra training classes. With that being said they have the same small club problems as any newish/small club. Which is consistency of kids and selection pool. Contrast with Crossfire that just has to wake up and the selection pool of kids is at their doorstep. Once you are seen as a strong club parents are always wanting to bring their kid to the "strongest team", then kids get it in their head as well and viola, you have a success spiral up. I have seen many Eagleclaw teams play and they have a great style. I think if you are measuring by goals in a game though. An RCL A team would blow through them physically and you would see a huge score differential.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X