Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The womens world cup roster was announced today. Standard players. They will win another World Cup and it won't be close.
    As long as that Bulldyke Rapinoe is on the team, I can't watch.

Comment

What happened at the 2016 Olympics? Knocked out in the quarterfinals. Don't count on anything because this team is not that good.
      Fair assessment. They didn't handle the park the bus tactics well at all. I hope they are better equipped to deal with that this time around. Sweden is their group, too, I think.

It's not gonna be a shock if they don't go back to back as champs.

Comment

Ignore the trolls. It bothers them more not to be acknowledged.
        So they can bust on girls soccer but when I tell him that everyone in high school is laughing at his boy for playing a wimpy sport soccer you say that I’m trolling?

Comment

So they can bust on girls soccer but when I tell him that everyone in high school is laughing at his boy for playing a wimpy sport soccer you say that I’m trolling?
          Nah, you’re responding in kind to their stupid comment. I’m just saying ignore their stupid comment about women’s soccer.

Comment

I think we have a chance to win, but it’s gonna be tough.

As this group ages out, I think we are in trouble internationally. The US does not have the structure and dedication to developing world class youth teams as evidenced by our recent struggles in the u17 and u20 World Cups (for girls not on the boys side).

Hope, I’m wrong, but countries like France and Spain are developing the next generation of women players in the same academies and through the same systems as their males players. The countries have a track record of developing world class players and teams. Plus, fans are attending the women’s professional games in those countries, so their is a financial incentive to develop talent. They have more fans at women’s side games then all but a few of our MLS teams have attend their games.
            Great post! I agree with you. As the last of the dominate players age out we will not have the talent to replace them. Not that we don’t have talent but the other countries have caught up to us. Also- I fear with our current development model.. is it ecnl or DA or ODP or grassroots recruiting?? ... we have way too many leagues and players are getting lost in the shuffle. Too many people at US Soccer have agendas or have favors owed to a club or program. Many players are promoted or rewarded at young ages and it is near impossible for those who develop later to ever get a shot.

With our current system and programs over 60% of the females playing soccer have no opportunity to play for an elite level club- no ecnl or DA within 2-3 hours minimum from their home or home club. So perhaps as much 60% of our top talent is never being identified.

Comment

Great post! I agree with you. As the last of the dominate players age out we will not have the talent to replace them. Not that we don’t have talent but the other countries have caught up to us. Also- I fear with our current development model.. is it ecnl or DA or ODP or grassroots recruiting?? ... we have way too many leagues and players are getting lost in the shuffle. Too many people at US Soccer have agendas or have favors owed to a club or program. Many players are promoted or rewarded at young ages and it is near impossible for those who develop later to ever get a shot.

With our current system and programs over 60% of the females playing soccer have no opportunity to play for an elite level club- no ecnl or DA within 2-3 hours minimum from their home or home club. So perhaps as much 60% of our top talent is never being identified.
              Historically, our size has been our strength. We had the ability to just pick top athletes and players and they were good enough to beat the rest of the world because few countries were invested in the women’s side.

Now our size is a negative. Impossible to get uniform training and system. Tough to scout. Too many leagues and teams. The best players don’t play with and against the best players. The youth teams play with each other very little.

Take the surging Spanish NT. Much much smaller country, but from youth to full team. All their players play on either Barca or Athletico, I believe. The training, familiarity, the competition is awesome. That’s why they’re going to be a force in the future.

Also, our players mostly are competitive rec players with college as the main goal. The European model moving forward will be a pro model. Those players will be groomed like male pros.

Comment

Historically, our size has been our strength. We had the ability to just pick top athletes and players and they were good enough to beat the rest of the world because few countries were invested in the women’s side.

Now our size is a negative. Impossible to get uniform training and system. Tough to scout. Too many leagues and teams. The best players don’t play with and against the best players. The youth teams play with each other very little.

Take the surging Spanish NT. Much much smaller country, but from youth to full team. All their players play on either Barca or Athletico, I believe. The training, familiarity, the competition is awesome. That’s why they’re going to be a force in the future.

Also, our players mostly are competitive rec players with college as the main goal. The European model moving forward will be a pro model. Those players will be groomed like male pros.
                Yep- someone gets it!

Comment

We also had a two decades head start because of Title 9. Now everyone else is catching up and they're doing so with better academy systems, better training, an actual soccer culture, and better pay for female pro players. If we win this year it will be the last.

Oh, and GDA isn't going to fix what ails us, just like BDA hasn't.

Comment

We also had a two decades head start because of Title 9. Now everyone else is catching up and they're doing so with better academy systems, better training, an actual soccer culture, and better pay for female pro players. If we win this year it will be the last.

Oh, and GDA isn't going to fix what ails us, just like BDA hasn't.
                    Mostly agree.

The European women aren’t making big money, yet, but it coming because there is fan interest. 50k fans to watch a regular league game in Spain this year.

The boys DA has not been a failure. We have as many young international pros now as ever. The younger NT have been more successful than ever. The u20 NT is one of the favorites to win the u20 WC.

I thought the USSF was going in the right direction with the residential academy at IMG, but they shuttered that program after the 2 year cycle. It seems like that’s what is needed. Residential academy’s for top level players.

Comment

So many negative people and downers on this team. The Women's team is ranked #1 in the world but after reading this thread you would think they are #20.

The US Women will dominate because they are bigger, faster and stronger. BFS wins at all levels of Womens soccer. Hoof it down to Alex and let her run past people. Clog up the middle with beefy players like Horan and Ertz and wack it long is a recipe for success.

It's not the beautiful game of Barca but it gets the job done. The USA will win and win easy.. mark it down.

Comment

So many negative people and downers on this team. The Women's team is ranked #1 in the world but after reading this thread you would think they are #20.

The US Women will dominate because they are bigger, faster and stronger. BFS wins at all levels of Womens soccer. Hoof it down to Alex and let her run past people. Clog up the middle with beefy players like Horan and Ertz and wack it long is a recipe for success.

It's not the beautiful game of Barca but it gets the job done. The USA will win and win easy.. mark it down.
                        That’s pretty much how they have been playing. Very direct.

I think we can win, but I doubt we will win easily. I’ve seen Japan and Spain both carve us up recently. All they lack was a true finisher up top and it would have been ugly. She believes Cup wasn’t a great result.

I still think Tobin, Rapinoe, Morgan, with Press as super sub off the bench is enough to get the job done offensively, but you are crazy if you think bigger faster stronger always wins on the girls side. All you have to do is watch the last u17 and u20 WC games and watch us get destroyed technically and tactically.

Comment

That’s pretty much how they have been playing. Very direct.

I think we can win, but I doubt we will win easily. I’ve seen Japan and Spain both carve us up recently. All they lack was a true finisher up top and it would have been ugly. She believes Cup wasn’t a great result.

I still think Tobin, Rapinoe, Morgan, with Press as super sub off the bench is enough to get the job done offensively, but you are crazy if you think bigger faster stronger always wins on the girls side. All you have to do is watch the last u17 and u20 WC games and watch us get destroyed technically and tactically.
                          Right you all,let's continue after our Husband's are fed & beer is Chilled, Its time to prepare so let's continue later this evening or in morning when they Golf.

Comment

No one is denying that they are ranked number one. The issue is after this year will are going to be chasing instead of up front. The system we have in place is not going to make it better. If you fail to plan- you plan to fail.

Comment

ow they have been playing. Very direct.

Comment

ow they have been playing. Very direct.

Totally agree. We'll probably squeak out the win this time but it won't be easy. It also will be the last for a long time. Other nations are nipping at our heels and they have the support and organizations to leap frog us over the next few years. We have GDA, college soccer and a pathetic womens' pro league to "develop" our talent

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X