Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Major gda announcements begin thursday and friday .....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    But questioned with no set agenda. Just a few conversations while in a bar.

So, yes, you are correct. To my face and still wouldn’t expect a college coach to come on here spouting an agenda. TS isn’t that important to the non-obsessed
    You spew BS means your the actual obsessed one and a little “odd” I might add with your little stories

Comment

You spew BS means your the actual obsessed one and a little “odd” I might add with your little stories
      Sorry if you get too hung up on semantics and not the meat of the discussion.

Coaches seem to indicate they will target players, not teams, from each league (I didn't ask about any other leagues as there were only two in the area they were there to watch). They don't care about game results, that's for obsessed parents. I took it as being careful to not negatively state which one they preferred.

Again, only the obsessed TS commentator or the sideline loon is overly concerned with game results for youth soccer. That's a discussion for rec leagues.

Comment

Sorry if you get too hung up on semantics and not the meat of the discussion.

Coaches seem to indicate they will target players, not teams, from each league (I didn't ask about any other leagues as there were only two in the area they were there to watch). They don't care about game results, that's for obsessed parents. I took it as being careful to not negatively state which one they preferred.

Again, only the obsessed TS commentator or the sideline loon is overly concerned with game results for youth soccer. That's a discussion for rec leagues.
        Or in a round about way, they will be targeting teams with players that played better and have potential. The teams from outside of the north east.

Comment

Or in a round about way, they will be targeting teams with players that played better and have potential. The teams from outside of the north east.
          Not really. A single player can swing a result; I can vouch for that first-hand. One poor goalie can throw a game away and any coach would be bright enough to watch the players and disregard the final score.

Sorry, but the reality is most anyone doesn't remember the score of the games this year; never mind a college coach looking for/at players.

Comment

In the end most college coach worth their salt doesn’t care about the club or league patch. They recruit players that are not only qualified to play on their team, but fill a roster need, and academically can get in and survive at their school. There are many factors that come into who they recruit, but their team or the league they play in are only peripherally important (as in ease to watch them play in big showcases)

Comment

In the end most college coach worth their salt doesn’t care about the club or league patch. They recruit players that are not only qualified to play on their team, but fill a roster need, and academically can get in and survive at their school. There are many factors that come into who they recruit, but their team or the league they play in are only peripherally important (as in ease to watch them play in big showcases)
              Exactly. The dlck-measuring and league slamming that goes on just shows everyone's insecurities.

If you are good, you will be seen.

Comment

Mostly - they still want to see that you're playing quality competition (how do you perform under pressure) and on a seemingly well coached team. It's easy to stand out in a low level league or on a poor quality team but that doesn't mean you're ready for a higher level college team. In any league some clubs will have good reputations with coaches and some not.

Comment

Not really. A single player can swing a result; I can vouch for that first-hand. One poor goalie can throw a game away and any coach would be bright enough to watch the players and disregard the final score.

Sorry, but the reality is most anyone doesn't remember the score of the games this year; never mind a college coach looking for/at players.
                  Heard that’s exactly what happened in the second half of the quarterfinals. So should all the coaches base their recruiting on that single game? Of course not so you brought up a good point.

Comment

Whether a college coach prefers ECNL to GDA the point as a few have already said, Is that coaches are not talking up one league over another to parents of players. I have heard a number of college coaches take that question from parents and EVERY time they answer with something to the effect of "it depends on the players and circumstance, all we care is that they come to us ready to play'

When I have heard a parents say "College Coaches prefer XYZ to ABC" and ask where they heard it it is always "another parent on our team asked a coach at some event and that is what the coach told them" and it is always their league that these mysterious coached prefer...

Comment

Whether a college coach prefers ECNL to GDA the point as a few have already said, Is that coaches are not talking up one league over another to parents of players. I have heard a number of college coaches take that question from parents and EVERY time they answer with something to the effect of "it depends on the players and circumstance, all we care is that they come to us ready to play'

When I have heard a parents say "College Coaches prefer XYZ to ABC" and ask where they heard it it is always "another parent on our team asked a coach at some event and that is what the coach told them" and it is always their league that these mysterious coached prefer...
                      There is nothing mysterious about it. They tell the stalking parent what they want to hear or they simply remain neutral depending on the creep factor.

When my oldest was going through this, one of her teammate's father loved to talk to college coaches in the hotel bars... absolutely cringeworthy. And then he would brag, I mean pass the lesson on to the rest of the parents that weren't there... That was always my cue to go to bathroom. To the OP - they do not want to talk to you.

Comment

Heard that’s exactly what happened in the second half of the quarterfinals. So should all the coaches base their recruiting on that single game? Of course not so you brought up a good point.
                        You heard the goalie lost the game in the second half? Wasnt NEFC down 1-0 at the half? You gotta love NEFC parents. They are truly the best.

Comment

There is nothing mysterious about it. They tell the stalking parent what they want to hear or they simply remain neutral depending on the creep factor.

When my oldest was going through this, one of her teammate's father loved to talk to college coaches in the hotel bars... absolutely cringeworthy. And then he would brag, I mean pass the lesson on to the rest of the parents that weren't there... That was always my cue to go to bathroom. To the OP - they do not want to talk to you.
                          Nah, standing in a bar watching a GC game and chatting about the game. No indication on who I am, who I represent, or anything. Just "talking soccer"

Example you used above is definitely the creeper. Some people are just friendly; maybe give it a try? Never know who you will meet.

Comment

You heard the goalie lost the game in the second half? Wasnt NEFC down 1-0 at the half? You gotta love NEFC parents. They are truly the best.
                            But she did!!!

Comment

Nah, standing in a bar watching a GC game and chatting about the game. No indication on who I am, who I represent, or anything. Just "talking soccer"

Example you used above is definitely the creeper. Some people are just friendly; maybe give it a try? Never know who you will meet.
                              Sorry, you sound like a sniveling parent digging for info. Maybe if the coaches were for a different sport and you were in the same hotel bar, I'd buy what your selling.

Comment

Sorry, you sound like a sniveling parent digging for info. Maybe if the coaches were for a different sport and you were in the same hotel bar, I'd buy what your selling.
                                Yes, I agree. It's really easy to tell how someone "sounds" typing on a VBulletin.

You sound like an arrogant *******. But, I'm sure you're just a super nice guy.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X