Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Right. Tell that to the two girls that you are spare parts, just in case for
    injuries or illness.
    Most girls know where they stand as players. Coaches usually tell players if they are not going to play much. XF makes it even more obvious by stating that travel is paid for 16 players. If there are over 16 players on the roster, the players should know that some will not be traveling or playing.

Many of these girls want to play in college. Most college rosters have over 25 players. The last time I checked, they still play with 11 on the field.

Comment

seems good from the sidelines

Back to the original question

I do sports photography and have a kid playing for XF, so I spend more time on the coaches side of the field than most. I also live to far away from the practice fields to make it worth driving home, so while I don't have a kid playing for him I have casually observed his practices for the last year and photographed a couple of games.

I was initially draw to shoot his games because of his style with the kids. He seems to have a good relationship with his players, and a sarcastic humorous style when it comes to correction. He is as emotionally invested in the outcome of the games as his players. Something that I find a lot of the younger coaches who are just here for the paycheck are lacking.

I personally would never put a younger kid on a team where they would get zero play time. I feel like older kids can decide for themselves if they want to rise to the occasion and put in the work to earn minutes. My own kid came in as number 19 alternate on an 18 person team, by the end of the summer tournament season she was a starter. Just depends on your kid and their personality and motivations.

Comment

It will be interesting to see the 05 girls transition from Andy, some girls have only had him as a coach. Billy is a lucky person to be handed this team, hopefully the girls can adapt to his style. I am sad to see Andy leave the game.
        Been hearing that some 05 girls (meaning parents) are not happy with
        the Billy era. That is the dangerous of having the same coach for 4+ years,
        being sheltered. One girl and her team manager mom were with Andy
        for 7 years. 3 left the team already. Still, a very strong team.
        Heard 3-4 girls are looking around. Being demoted to Tier2 in boy's
        DA and rebellion on the girl's side. Not a good year for XF.

Comment

none

Curious -- why on this forum are female coaches discussed using their initials and male coaches are discussed openly with their full names?

Comment

Curious -- why on this forum are female coaches discussed using their initials and male coaches are discussed openly with their full names?
            Racism, sexism, anti-transgenderism, making more out of it-ism.
            Pick your poison....

Comment

After having been an administrator, coach (club, HS and College), DOC, Referee and almost anything else you can think of....I can tell you in all my years and travels I can count on one hand the number of coaches I have seen that can coach both genders successfully. In particular at the youth (teen/tween) age, they are VERY different beasts and are motivated and respond to VERY different coaching styles.

I don't know this coach but if he is a very good boys coach - its like lottery odds he can also be a good girls coach. Can happen - but I wouldn't bet more than a scratch ticket on it.

Comment

After having been an administrator, coach (club, HS and College), DOC, Referee and almost anything else you can think of....I can tell you in all my years and travels I can count on one hand the number of coaches I have seen that can coach both genders successfully. In particular at the youth (teen/tween) age, they are VERY different beasts and are motivated and respond to VERY different coaching styles.

I don't know this coach but if he is a very good boys coach - its like lottery odds he can also be a good girls coach. Can happen - but I wouldn't bet more than a scratch ticket on it.
                Absolutely spot on ! I wouldn’t even want to coach a girls team . There is far too much drama that has nothing to do with soccer on the girls side .... parents are bad enough !

Comment

Absolutely spot on ! I wouldn’t even want to coach a girls team . There is far too much drama that has nothing to do with soccer on the girls side .... parents are bad enough !
                  Wow way to stereotype an entire gender.

I can assure you that the girls are glad you wouldn’t “want to” coach them.

Comment

Wow way to stereotype an entire gender.

I can assure you that the girls are glad you wouldn’t “want to” coach them.
                    Let’s deal in reality instead of make believe .

Comment

Let’s deal in reality instead of make believe .
                      You are an unequivocal illustration of what is wrong with youth sports in this country....great job being part of the problem.

Disgusting...

Comment

Think I just puked in my mouth. Do us, and all of the kids, a favor and don’t coach anyone, regardless if gender.

Comment

Having been around the girls' socccer world for years with more than one girl playing, I can tell you that when there is "drama" on a girls' team, it's about poor coaching and crazy parenting. When coaches and parents treat their young female players with respect, it's not an issue.

Comment

Thanks REIGN PARENT for your concern, but you sending private e-mails to certain players does not mean we are looking elsewhere. What happens when REIGN/DA fails you'll be running back asking for a spot on our "disgruntled" team. We love Billy's passion, thanks for your concern. Wish we had the chance to keep our streak (4-0) going, but all good things come to an end! Now can u stop sending us emails, we are good.

Comment

i sure hope you don't have a daughter or son who play soccer. The worst kind of role model

Comment

Thanks REIGN PARENT for your concern, but you sending private e-mails to certain players does not mean we are looking elsewhere. What happens when REIGN/DA fails you'll be running back asking for a spot on our "disgruntled" team. We love Billy's passion, thanks for your concern. Wish we had the chance to keep our streak (4-0) going, but all good things come to an end! Now can u stop sending us emails, we are good.
                                Not a Reign parent, but... You should ask the girl's parents who are showing
                                up for certain training events. Thought it was verboten. Lol.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X