Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So why does this team only have 1 win in the league?

You say the talent is good. You say the coaching is good.

Bad luck?
    Stars made a calculated move last year that back fired when ECNL contracts were offered to their first choices and several turned them down. Cut some players outright to make room for their first choices. Moved NPL to ENCL B due to the mockery of DA the year before. Many bad mistakes but need to pay for those fields somehow.

Comment

Stars made a calculated move last year that back fired when ECNL contracts were offered to their first choices and several turned them down. Cut some players outright to make room for their first choices. Moved NPL to ENCL B due to the mockery of DA the year before. Many bad mistakes but need to pay for those fields somehow.
      So your saying players turned down the top team to play for lower level teams? That doesn't make sense.

Comment

Overrated players get exposed when playing teams that are solid.

Comment

So your saying players turned down the top team to play for lower level teams? That doesn't make sense.
          Yes I heard some girls from the Liverpool '03 team that came in and became NPL '03 were offered ECNL and turned it down to stay with their coach and team. One has since gone up to ECNL.

Comment

some chose DA teams instead of ECNL and turned down spots.

Comment

Why is this so hard concept for you to believe? We have several girls on our NPL team that turn down spots on the DA team for a variety of different reasons, including my daughter. I would assume the same has happened on the stars teams as well.

Comment

Why is this so hard concept for you to believe? We have several girls on our NPL team that turn down spots on the DA team for a variety of different reasons, including my daughter. I would assume the same has happened on the stars teams as well.
                I'm not the original poster but as always on TS this is going to come down to the Liverpool now Stars NPL third team have better players than the East team. There have been several scrimmages between the two sides which have resulted in double digit losses for the NPL team. The contracts some of these NPL players turned down was for the west team. Two of the NPL forwards were asked to guest with the east team. One of them made the move permanently. Its easy to say the quality of the third team is equal to the first team but why would these players stay on the third team and risk less college exposure if they could be on the first team. I'm guessing that was what the prior poster was trying to point out that it wouldn't make sense.

Comment

I'm not the original poster but as always on TS this is going to come down to the Liverpool now Stars NPL third team have better players than the East team. There have been several scrimmages between the two sides which have resulted in double digit losses for the NPL team. The contracts some of these NPL players turned down was for the west team. Two of the NPL forwards were asked to guest with the east team. One of them made the move permanently. Its easy to say the quality of the third team is equal to the first team but why would these players stay on the third team and risk less college exposure if they could be on the first team. I'm guessing that was what the prior poster was trying to point out that it wouldn't make sense.
                  You are saying some conflicting things. Are you implying the NPL has better players than the other teams so the NPL team will become an ECNL team next year and current rostered players will be demoted?

Comment

You are saying some conflicting things. Are you implying the NPL has better players than the other teams so the NPL team will become an ECNL team next year and current rostered players will be demoted?
                    I'm not sure what is being said but its clear the East team is better than the NPL team. I don't think anyone has compared the West team to NPL. Have they scrimmaged? The East team has a lot of college commitments to some excellent D1 programs so you have to assume those girls are pretty good. This is still early to be committed to college for a tenth grader and a few of them have been committed for a while. I guess the tryouts will let the girls on West and NPL teams fight for spots. Maybe the third team girls don't even want to play college soccer.

Comment

Stars doesn't have DA anymore just ECNL. Are you referencing NEFC, Seacoast, or SSS?

Comment

Stars doesn't have DA anymore just ECNL. Are you referencing NEFC, Seacoast, or SSS?
                        Yes, but the other guy was making a comment about how he could not believe someone would turn down a spot on a top team to play on a 2nd or 3rd team in the club. My point was that it happens, and it happens more frequently than people want to believe I guess. There are a lot of families who are not interested in chasing a patch even though their kids are good enough to play on those “so-called top teams”.

Comment

I'm not sure what is being said but its clear the East team is better than the NPL team. I don't think anyone has compared the West team to NPL. Have they scrimmaged? The East team has a lot of college commitments to some excellent D1 programs so you have to assume those girls are pretty good. This is still early to be committed to college for a tenth grader and a few of them have been committed for a while. I guess the tryouts will let the girls on West and NPL teams fight for spots. Maybe the third team girls don't even want to play college soccer.
                          If East coach is calling up NPL players after a having a roster of more than 20 my guess is all three teams players will fight for spots, not just west and NPL.

Comment

Yes, but the other guy was making a comment about how he could not believe someone would turn down a spot on a top team to play on a 2nd or 3rd team in the club. My point was that it happens, and it happens more frequently than people want to believe I guess. There are a lot of families who are not interested in chasing a patch even though their kids are good enough to play on those “so-called top teams”.
                            You could be right but the guy who posted that it doesn't make sense was referring to college exposure. The fact remains that 7 girls on the Stars 03 East team have already committed to college. That has nothing to do with a patch and everything to do with their talent. Other threads have stated that when you go this early you are receiving a significant financial package. Even if you don't want a patch wouldn't you want your daughter to go to these elite D1 colleges and receive a scholarship.

Comment

You could be right but the guy who posted that it doesn't make sense was referring to college exposure. The fact remains that 7 girls on the Stars 03 East team have already committed to college. That has nothing to do with a patch and everything to do with their talent. Other threads have stated that when you go this early you are receiving a significant financial package. Even if you don't want a patch wouldn't you want your daughter to go to these elite D1 colleges and receive a scholarship.
                              That may be true but ECNL isn't the only path. I think that's what the other poster is trying to say.

Comment

If East coach is calling up NPL players after a having a roster of more than 20 my guess is all three teams players will fight for spots, not just west and NPL.
                                Are you saying the top players on the East will be demoted to the NPL team. Why would that happen?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X