Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Agree with the poster. I would also like to ask that if 5 sophomores and 1 freshmen are committed on this team could all of those coaches be wrong about the quality of those players. This team has talent.
    I don't know the specifics, and I'm an outsider, but is it possible they are just good players and there is potential to being "ruined" by this coach?

Comment

JB is a bad person and coach. He is no JD.

Cut a girl in middle of game.

Team is made up of 1 very talented scorer that just committed to Princeton. A few other very good players and a bunch of Stars players that haven't developed over the years psychically. The are getting exposed athletically and it shows. Extremely soft and out of shape.

JB what's your excuse then???
      If this team is so bad why are the girls going to top programs early in the recruiting cycle?

Comment

As far as middle of game and I quote....

"You are no good enough to play on this team"
        Is the quote true?

Comment

That quote doesn’t have to be true in its specific context. You can hear that on the sidelines of almost any stars game that isn’t going well. So even if he didn’t say it as reported you can bet he’s said it sometime. My kids coach said it this weekend to basically the whole team. These coaches don’t know how to handle their frustration and they don’t have good feedback on their coaching so it never gets better. If you are a parent who doesn’t know anything about soccer I don’t know how your kid develops. Mine is lucky that my spouse and I both played D1 so she gets game feedback from us and continues to improve.

I see over and over lack of actionable feedback and kids getting stuck unless they are naturals or have parents who know what’s up. It’s honestly frustrating to watch and I just don’t get why. How hard is it to actually develop players and teams??

Comment

That quote doesn’t have to be true in its specific context. You can hear that on the sidelines of almost any stars game that isn’t going well. So even if he didn’t say it as reported you can bet he’s said it sometime. My kids coach said it this weekend to basically the whole team. These coaches don’t know how to handle their frustration and they don’t have good feedback on their coaching so it never gets better. If you are a parent who doesn’t know anything about soccer I don’t know how your kid develops. Mine is lucky that my spouse and I both played D1 so she gets game feedback from us and continues to improve.

I see over and over lack of actionable feedback and kids getting stuck unless they are naturals or have parents who know what’s up. It’s honestly frustrating to watch and I just don’t get why. How hard is it to actually develop players and teams??
            If you are the reason your kid is developing and her coaches are awful, why do you continue to pay Stars?

Comment

Former D1 player myself and I don't give my kid much advice. Only basic stuff and nothing that I know the coach wouldn't agree with.

I'm paying them a good amount to coach, and will not risk any type of confusion in saying something they will teach differently.

Let the coaches coach.

Comment

If you are the reason your kid is developing and her coaches are awful, why do you continue to pay Stars?
                So he can have the Stars magnet on the trunk of his car to impress his friends.

Comment

Find a good coach who cares about developing the team as a whole.

Comment

Find a good coach who cares about developing the team as a whole.
                    This sounds selfish, and it is, but while I want our team to be competitive and we always want to win, my concern is how the coach is developing my kid. It's difficult for every coach to develop every kid because they have a different starting point, personalities, and abilities.

I've been on teams where the coaches excelled at getting lower level players up to mid-level; he did OK with mid-level to high-level; he was worthless for upper echelon players.

I've seen the opposite as well.

Comment

Because I want my d to get a scholarship and will stop at nothing to be able to say it while sitting by the fire pit.

Comment

Former D1 player myself and I don't give my kid much advice. Only basic stuff and nothing that I know the coach wouldn't agree with.

I'm paying them a good amount to coach, and will not risk any type of confusion in saying something they will teach differently.

Let the coaches coach.
                        Wow. Not a very good parent are you?

Comment

I'd say the opposite. It's easy to be a blowhard and get all in her face about what to do and what not to do. It's much harder to learn to STFU and just enjoy it.

Comment

Sometimes the coaches give conflicting information. Listen to the coach, but use soccer iq & common sense too. It's all situational. Don't be a robot.

Comment

Sounds like the best parenting I’ve ever heard on TS. I’ll go one step further and say let the players play, the coaches coach, and as a parent just cheer them on. If you have a problem with the way your kid played or the coach coached, then the ride home isn’t the best time to share.

Comment

So why does this team only have 1 win in the league?

You say the talent is good. You say the coaching is good.

Bad luck?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X