Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hahaha.... “eventually I woke up”... So, where did you end up, Mr. Awoken Dad... Lol.
    I'm actually surprised this is even a question. Thought it was well-known around the area.

Figure you fall into 4 categories:

1) An older kid's family, in which case keep doing what you're doing. You're too far down the path to make a major change now.
    2) A middle-kid's family, which it should be pretty evident over the last 2-3 years and you surely don't need me to tell you what you should already know.
    3) A younger kid's family, which I would say remain hopeful that it will turn around. I do believe it will.
    4) Part of GPS, which is doubtful...
    5) Extra Credit: Just someone who acts like they know, but doesn't really know much...

Comment

Hahaha.... “eventually I woke up”... So, where did you end up, Mr. Awoken Dad... Lol.
      My guess is your D played for one of AH teams at GPS NH.

Comment

My guess is your D played for one of AH teams at GPS NH.
        Ha, no. Took one minute of watching him work and we ran. I do know of some who stuck it out for a brief time and regretted every minute of it. He does get a little bit of a bad rap since it's always been about the Boys with GPS. But, him coming it was a disaster.

Comment

I'm actually surprised this is even a question. Thought it was well-known around the area.

Figure you fall into 4 categories:

1) An older kid's family, in which case keep doing what you're doing. You're too far down the path to make a major change now.
          2) A middle-kid's family, which it should be pretty evident over the last 2-3 years and you surely don't need me to tell you what you should already know.
          3) A younger kid's family, which I would say remain hopeful that it will turn around. I do believe it will.
          4) Part of GPS, which is doubtful...
          5) Extra Credit: Just someone who acts like they know, but doesn't really know much...

Off to Seacoast or the utopia of Mass? Seriously though, tryout time is so fun. Good luck to all!

Comment

My apologies for unintentionally drifting this away from the NEFC/NWC thread. Not my intent.

I am surprised anything I said was news. Honestly, this has been the talk for many years.

Oh well, I guess consider yourself educated now if you weren't earlier.

Back on track, I wonder if Aztecs play was in response to NEFC North Shore setting up shop, and winning, in Aztecs back yard? If so, short-sighted as NS will always have better players than NH. I know WH at Aztecs, and am wondering if that's his intent?

Still seems weird.

Comment

My apologies for unintentionally drifting this away from the NEFC/NWC thread. Not my intent.

I am surprised anything I said was news. Honestly, this has been the talk for many years.

Oh well, I guess consider yourself educated now if you weren't earlier.

Back on track, I wonder if Aztecs play was in response to NEFC North Shore setting up shop, and winning, in Aztecs back yard? If so, short-sighted as NS will always have better players than NH. I know WH at Aztecs, and am wondering if that's his intent?

Still seems weird.
              I agree with you that you drifted far off course... but just so you know, nothing you said was "news". There is no news here, it's called an opinion. Good luck to everyone!

Comment

Wonder if the parents on RG NEFC teams understand that according to NEP rules he can't coach them next year.

Comment

Wonder if the parents on RG NEFC teams understand that according to NEP rules he can't coach them next year.
                  This is a big problem in the area. My D had some ex-teammates from a certain 3-letter club who I shall not name who are looking to leave now. A few had already gone to this club, but between them all they are now in search mode. Travel is a concern, so they don't want to go to Lancaster or Epping. They are legit looking for a team to play on.

Comment

This is a big problem in the area. My D had some ex-teammates from a certain 3-letter club who I shall not name who are looking to leave now. A few had already gone to this club, but between them all they are now in search mode. Travel is a concern, so they don't want to go to Lancaster or Epping. They are legit looking for a team to play on.
                    So your daughter have friends that were at GPS, I think its been stated many times that on the girls side its hit or miss. If you're on one of the top teams, you get one of the better
                    girl coaches. If you're not on a top team then its a crap shoot. The same can be said and has been said about SUSC, NEFC, Stars or any big club. To me this is what causes players to look each year.

Comment

So your daughter have friends that were at GPS, I think its been stated many times that on the girls side its hit or miss. If you're on one of the top teams, you get one of the better
                      girl coaches. If you're not on a top team then its a crap shoot. The same can be said and has been said about SUSC, NEFC, Stars or any big club. To me this is what causes players to look each year.

Yes, typically that's how it works with the second teams. I know a few who are quite unhappy at Stars because of this. I think at GPS it's so thin right now there is only one team at some age groups.

But, not sure of the details nor do I care to dig too deeply into it. I just know there are some players who are looking for clubs in that area and there's nothing for them.

Comment

And so goes life in NH girls soccer. Way to many teams, not enough good players and not a lot of good coaches. GPS/Seacoast/NEFC/blah, blah...they are all the same.

Comment

And so goes life in NH girls soccer. Way to many teams, not enough good players and not a lot of good coaches. GPS/Seacoast/NEFC/blah, blah...they are all the same.
                          Thank you for your insight and hard-hitting commentary. Very helpful.

Interesting how you left Stars out of your rant...

Comment

He probably hasn't told the NEFC parents that he can't coach them next year and is trying to convince them to go to Aztecs. I bet he winds up coaching them in trainings, and then some other coach shows up at the NEP games. Since when do NEP rules matter anyway? Nevertheless if I was one of the parents of a kid on his NEFC team why would I follow a guy who bailed out on my kid, which in the end resulted in my kids club being dissolved? One reason would be that there's nothing better in my area but other than that no way.

Comment

Appears that NEFC North is no more, club has closed its doors.

Comment

Appears that NEFC North is no more, club has closed its doors.
                                Well that makes GPS NH the only player in southern NH.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X