• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    DA Northeast

7 Sky Blue - NYSC U-15 29 7-19-3
    8 Empire United U-15 28 2-24-2

For full year, 28 game season. Sky Blue 7 wins. Empire 2 wins.

NPL Group A
    5: BAYSIDE FC GIRLS 2004 NPL 1-1-3
    6: YANKEE UNITED F.C. RED STARS NPL-04 1-0-5
    7:SEACOAST UNITED NPL 2004 0-0-5
    Thankfully the furthest I had to drive for any of those NPL games was our teams 40 minutes!

Comment

Thankfully the furthest I had to drive for any of those NPL games was our teams 40 minutes!
      Was supposed to say... “ thankfully the furthest I had to drive for any of those NPL games was 40 minutes.

Comment

Was supposed to say... “ thankfully the furthest I had to drive for any of those NPL games was 40 minutes.
        Travel seems to be most important to you. There are leagues with teams that do even less travel and are similar to your NPL bottom teams. Maybe they'd be able to reduce your drive even further. Check it out. You could probably play all your games right in your own town.

Comment

Travel seems to be most important to you. There are leagues with teams that do even less travel and are similar to your NPL bottom teams. Maybe they'd be able to reduce your drive even further. Check it out. You could probably play all your games right in your own town.
          If we did not have as many of these silly so called "high level leagues we all could do that. Uggggg.

Comment

Right?!?!

NPL complains about ECNL/GDA travel.

NEP complains about NPL travel.

Town travel complains about NEP travel.

Town rec complains about Town travel...travel.

Anyone who doesn't want to get off the couch complains about town rec travel...

Comment

If we did not have as many of these silly so called "high level leagues we all could do that. Uggggg.
              Oh, I get it now.

You don't want to do something, so you don't want anyone else to do something either because it makes your experience more enjoyable.

Welcome to our future.

Comment

Oh, I get it now.

You don't want to do something, so you don't want anyone else to do something either because it makes your experience more enjoyable.

Welcome to our future.
                Sure. That must be it.

Comment

I don’t complain about anyone else’s travel or money costs, because we don’t do. Why would I complain about something that doesn’t affect me at all? People who do, are people who are insecure in their own choices.

Comment

I don’t complain about anyone else’s travel or money costs, because we don’t do. Why would I complain about something that doesn’t affect me at all? People who do, are people who are insecure in their own choices.
                    Not complaining, because we knew what we signed up for before we made the first payment. Having said that, if the majority of kids go to college within a 3-4 hours of home, why on earth do Northeast ECNL teams need to showcase on the West coast or the Southwest?

As a family, we waited until the recruiting years to play on a team that does this kind of travel to keep costs down. Made no sense at U13 and makes little sense at U16, but there it is. Bottom line, that extra $6000 in travel expenses per year doing these Western showcases is $6000 that has to be made up in scholarship dollars or school loans or paid for out of pocket by us when the tuition bill comes. Again, who is benefiting from cross-country travel? Certainly not the players. And spare me the "experience" line. We could be playing in France and catching the world cup as well, but we aren't because $ doesn't grow on trees...

Comment

Not complaining, because we knew what we signed up for before we made the first payment. Having said that, if the majority of kids go to college within a 3-4 hours of home, why on earth do Northeast ECNL teams need to showcase on the West coast or the Southwest?

As a family, we waited until the recruiting years to play on a team that does this kind of travel to keep costs down. Made no sense at U13 and makes little sense at U16, but there it is. Bottom line, that extra $6000 in travel expenses per year doing these Western showcases is $6000 that has to be made up in scholarship dollars or school loans or paid for out of pocket by us when the tuition bill comes. Again, who is benefiting from cross-country travel? Certainly not the players. And spare me the "experience" line. We could be playing in France and catching the world cup as well, but we aren't because $ doesn't grow on trees...
                      ^^^The Force is strong in this one, Obi-wan!

The “experience” is the same Jedi mind trick that gets most families to cough up $ for ECNL...now repeat after me “proven pathway...proven pathway...proven pathway...”

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X