Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You are a terrible person to take joy in a bunch of teenagers losing a game. You weren’t there and have no context for the game. How were the goals scored? Were they playing a player down due to red card or injury? No idea but you feel the need to comment.
    I know. I know. I am a terrible person. I think we can all agree that no Ill will is wished on any kids for this site, just the club and a couple coaches.....I don’t need context of the game. Giving up 8 goals at this level is unacceptable. It is very rare to see it happen and when it does it’s really a beat down at all levels.

Comment

I know. I know. I am a terrible person. I think we can all agree that no Ill will is wished on any kids for this site, just the club and a couple coaches.....I don’t need context of the game. Giving up 8 goals at this level is unacceptable. It is very rare to see it happen and when it does it’s really a beat down at all levels.
      Of course, someone such as yourself, with zero affiliation with the team, really should not care about it at all. Yet here you are.

Comment

To give up 8 goals is an embarrassment.In any league,especially for an Ecnl team.

Comment

To give up 8 goals is an embarrassment.In any league,especially for an Ecnl team.
          lol check out some GDA scores -PLENTY of blowouts there as well

Comment

Sounds like bad coaching.

Comment

Sounds like bad coaching.
              Agreed. On the coaches. They pick the players and place them into the positions. You can't play a top team with weak or questionable spots.
              Lucky for them, the showcase games don't have as much weight in the overall record. That said, that may be why some of the weaker players are getting time.

Comment

Agreed. On the coaches. They pick the players and place them into the positions. You can't play a top team with weak or questionable spots.
                Lucky for them, the showcase games don't have as much weight in the overall record. That said, that may be why some of the weaker players are getting time.
                All of this is total speculation. Unless you watched the game, you don’t know the details. As mentioned before, maybe they were down a player, maybe some players are hurt, maybe the reffing was bad, or maybe they just had a bad game. You don’t know but you love to speculate.

Comment

You don’t know but you love to speculate.
                  Isn't that precisely what you are doing? Boom.

Comment

All of this is total speculation. Unless you watched the game, you don’t know the details. As mentioned before, maybe they were down a player, maybe some players are hurt, maybe the reffing was bad, or maybe they just had a bad game. You don’t know but you love to speculate.
                    Are you saying that the coaches don't pick the players? That is NOT speculation.
                    However, agree with the rest of your speculation.
                    Doesn't matter, it's a showcase that doesn't have much weight in the overall record. Why not experiment?

Comment

Yeah, I think they played uphill both halves! It rained all game and only on us! The parts of the field we played on were terrible, with mud, long grass, and craters! I ran out of gas! I got a flat tire! I didn’t have change for cab fare! I lost my tux at the cleaners! I locked my keys in the car! An old friend came in from out of town! Someone stole my car! There was an earthquake! A terrible flood! Locusts! IT WASN’T MY FAULT, I SWEAR TO GOD!

Comment

Rather loose to the #1 team in the country 8-3 than win 5-0 against your daughters team.

Comment

Rather loose to the #1 team in the country 8-3 than win 5-0 against your daughters team.
                          You certainly are going to learn a lot more from that losing experience than beating up on someone. Ideally you want showcases to be fairly evenly matched but blowouts happen, particularly against the #1 team. College coaches don't care about the scores but are there to watch players they're interested in. If you as an individual played well against a tough competitor that's great. If you fell apart then not so good.

Comment

Are you serious? Players hurt? Bad reffing? Really? I could blame 1 goal on bad reffing, but 8 goals? Are you serious? Players hurt? Cmon. You are letting the coaching staff off the hook. This is more of in indictment to poor coaching/talent evaluation than anything else. PDA Blue ties the top team in the country today....you are speculating by making up possible excuses for your daughters team. The most goals let up in tourney play yesterday was 4.....the vaunted stars team let up 8. Just call it what it is. An a** whipping.

Comment

You certainly are going to learn a lot more from that losing experience than beating up on someone. Ideally you want showcases to be fairly evenly matched but blowouts happen, particularly against the #1 team. College coaches don't care about the scores but are there to watch players they're interested in. If you as an individual played well against a tough competitor that's great. If you fell apart then not so good.
                              They could have met PDA Blue in CT and saved thousands of dollars in travel expenses and got the same experience. Check again at the scores. 8 goals against was BY FAR the most goals allowed yesterday.

Comment

They could have met PDA Blue in CT and saved thousands of dollars in travel expenses and got the same experience. Check again at the scores. 8 goals against was BY FAR the most goals allowed yesterday.
                                Today they tied the tram from CA that beat PDA yesterday. That CA one of the better teams in the country. It’s a learning experience playing against top competition from all over the country in front of dozens of college scouts. You won’t get the same kind of exposure in front of all those colleges by playing PDA in CT.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X